First offence !!!!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Are you sure about the points? You normally get the ban instead of points. Why not just ban you for 20 months (14 months ban + 6 months for points.)
Yeah was going to say can't ban you for 15 mouths and gibe you 12 points other wise that would mean no more driving for the next 3 years

Not sure if the points mean instant ban. It was all a bit erm .. Will wait for court letter. Maybe I should have tried to get someone to come in with me. I'm not really a very good speaker.. Perhaps I was just a tad nervous just wanted to get out the place

Any first offenders who blew 80. Clean licrnce, never before drink driving, no criminal record. Just a tiny mental health problem. Just wanted to know what sentence you got. I never pleaded guilty at interview as could cope going back in. Got arrested Easter Sunday at midnight and didn't get interviewed till half 4 on Monday afternoon. So I'm thinking of I said yes I'm guilty it be kept in till sometime tuesda

I was up in court last week first offence 3 pound already on license sp40.

Had my accident on the 22/12 unfortunately hit 6 parked cars from the top to the bottom of the street.Was up for :

Drink driving
Failing to stop at an accident
Failing to report an accident
Failing to tell them who was driving

Went to court and my solicitor never turned up and I had seen no evidence. I was going to plead not guilty but seen the duty solicitor who took me in a room and went through
the dashcam footage and realised I had no chance.

I pleaded guilty and result was

Drink driving 22 month ban - 6 months for drink driving course (have to say before you leave court)
Failing to stop £250
Failing to report £250 fine
Failing to tell them who was driving carry’s £1000 fine and 6 points (as I never sent the form back twice) They let me off with this as pleaded guilty on the day
Court costs £140

End result was banned for 16 month and £640 fine

I was up in court last week first offence 3 pound already on license sp40.

Had my accident on the 22/12 unfortunately hit 6 parked cars from the top to the bottom of the street.Was up for :

Drink driving
Failing to stop at an accident
Failing to report an accident
Failing to tell them who was driving

Went to court and my solicitor never turned up and I had seen no evidence. I was going to plead not guilty but seen the duty solicitor who took me in a room and went through
the dashcam footage and realised I had no chance.

I pleaded guilty and result was

Drink driving 22 month ban - 6 months for drink driving course (have to say before you leave court)
Failing to stop £250
Failing to report £250 fine
Failing to tell them who was driving carry’s £1000 fine and 6 points (as I never sent the form back twice) They let me off with this as pleaded guilty on the day
Court costs £140

End result was banned for 16 month and £640 fine
You will also have 9 points on your licence when you get it back Dodi.

If you don't mind a helpful comment, you seemed to have buried your head in any sand you could find over this.

I wonder why your solicitor didn't turn up?

It's a good thing you plead guilty as you would have had additional costs to pay.

Now for the really bad bit. You say you hit 6 cars on the way down the street. It is likely that your insurance company, after paying out any costs associated with repairs to these cars, will then seek to reclaim the costs back from you personally. They will also likely not pay for any repairs to your car.

You need to site down and have a really good think about this.

There is a thread on the Forum about Admiral Insurance that you might want to have a look at.

Good luck.

You will also have 9 points on your licence when you get it back Dodi.

If you don't mind a helpful comment, you seemed to have buried your head in any sand you could find over this.

I wonder why your solicitor didn't turn up?

It's a good thing you plead guilty as you would have had additional costs to pay.

Now for the really bad bit. You say you hit 6 cars on the way down the street. It is likely that your insurance company, after paying out any costs associated with repairs to these cars, will then seek to reclaim the costs back from you personally. They will also likely not pay for any repairs to your car.

You need to site down and have a really good think about this.

There is a thread on the Forum about Admiral Insurance that you might want to have a look at.

Good luck.
Hi Lana

Maybe I worded this wrong but was just stating in best words I could what happened.

I am not happy in what I done I feel ashamed to be honest!

My solicitor told me not to return the form so I never. I have never been in trouble before so I just followed his advice.

I didn’t intend to drive my vehicle but was caught up in fight after a night out and knocked unconscious.

I was only 3 minutes away from home and used it to escape as it was 4 on 2

I am a good lad never been in trouble and don’t cause trouble but my nephew had 4 lads attacking him so tried to break it up.

As we got in the car so did they and was trying to escape and unfortunately when I hit the fist car it broke the suspension and the car pulled to right now I have realised causing the other collisions.

My whole Christmas was ruined to be honest I had all my Christmas shopping in the boot that I didn’t get the car back till January.

My mother also passed away 5 days later of a heart attack that I also think I added to due to extra stress just for 1 spit second decision.

I know your right about the insurance side but my court papers say 0 points £250 fine for each offence.

This is something that will stay with me forever and the aftermath of everything.

DONT DRINK DRIVE

Sorry to change the subject a little bit but anyone know where I can get temporary insurance with my pending dr40 need to keep the car till.my court date in June can anyone help 🥺🥺🥺 my insurance ATM runs out this Saturday.

As far
Sorry to change the subject a little bit but anyone know where I can get temporary insurance with my pending dr40 need to keep the car till.my court date in June can anyone help 🥺🥺🥺 my insurance ATM runs out this Saturday.
as I know you are still unconvicted, so getting insurance won't/shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure if the points mean instant ban. It was all a bit erm .. Will wait for court letter. Maybe I should have tried to get someone to come in with me. I'm not really a very good speaker.. Perhaps I was just a tad nervous just wanted to get out the place
Hey mate how are you doing with your ban?? So had court yesterday my solicitor done amazing I got 10 points and 315 pound fine just a up date that's all really and to see how your doing. Hope all is well.

Hey mate how are you doing with your ban?? So had court yesterday my solicitor done amazing I got 10 points and 315 pound fine just a up date that's all really and to see how your doing. Hope all is well.
Hi mate all is well thanks! 1 month down already and 14 left to go as you know already got an 18 month ban but 25 percent off with the course and that’s done on the internet over zoom for a total of 18.5 hours so all booked in for that now and just waiting. I am just hoping petrol prices are back to normal before I start driving again 😂

That’s a great result though that mate made up for you. Your solicitor has done well there.

Bet it wasn’t as bad as what you thought!

I thought I was getting sent down to be honest.

Great news though 👏👏🎉

Hello got pulled on the Friday just gone same as you I blow 84 first encounter with the police clean license what as happened to your case and what did you get from it? My Court date is first week of June
Hi did you cause any damage ?

Hi mate all is well thanks! 1 month down already and 14 left to go as you know already got an 18 month ban but 25 percent off with the course and that’s done on the internet over zoom for a total of 18.5 hours so all booked in for that now and just waiting. I am just hoping petrol prices are back to normal before I start driving again 😂

That’s a great result though that mate made up for you. Your solicitor has done well there.

Bet it wasn’t as bad as what you thought!

I thought I was getting sent down to be honest.

Great news though 👏👏🎉
That's all right then mate should fly by your ban iv got to worry about my driving now for the next 3 years with 10 points on my license 😔😔

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off