Fines and savings

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stupid

As I am due in court very soon I am currently writing down how much it would cost me per month to get back and forth to work and it s going to cost me a lot of money which will take my salary down to about £150 a month after all my debts are paid etc. Would the courts ask if I have any savings (which I do). If so would you advise me to transfer these savings into a friends account as it has taken me years to save and the cost of transport to and from work is going to cost me a fortune anyway. Any help would be great thank you.

As I am due in court very soon I am currently writing down how much it would cost me per month to get back and forth to work and it s going to cost me a lot of money which will take my salary down to about £150 a month after all my debts are paid etc. Would the courts ask if I have any savings (which I do). If so would you advise me to transfer these savings into a friends account as it has taken me years to save and the cost of transport to and from work is going to cost me a fortune anyway. Any help would be great thank you.

Hi,

Savings will not normally be relevant to the assessment of the amount of a fine, although they may influence the decision on time to pay. Where an offender has little or no income but has substantial savings, the court may consider it appropriate to adjust the amount of the fine to reflect this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off