Finally got my license after 10 months

Convicted Driver Insurance
Where to start first this site has been amazingly helpful so thank you to everyone for sharing your stories
5/12/16 convicted in court for drink driving blew 111 at station 28 months ban reduced to 22 with the course and one years probation £750 fine.
October 2018 eligible to reapply for license I did not as I was then alcohol dependent forward to June 2019 and I go to hospital for alcohol detox for two weeks. I also had an addiction to codeine and in 2015 started a buprenorphine/subutex treatment I still take 10mg maintenance dose no relapses for both to date I also have bipolar type 2 I take the following medication accamproste and baclofen for alcohol cravings sertraline 125mg quetiapine 200mg amatriptaline 20mg for plantar fasciitis pain. So may 2020 nearly 12 months after detox I reapply for my license with the DR1 from declaring my detox they say no medicals for 12 weeks so beginning September I get my letter to make an appointment it’s booked for the 27th of that month through this site I found I had to send an M1 and DG1 to inform them of my bipolar and codeine addiction so they send M2 to my consultant who waited for 12 weeks to tell me she does not do the mental health side just the alcohol I was livid so that takes me to January the M2 gets sent to my gp she only works Monday and Tuesday and she rang me to go through the form on the third Monday so really only four working days for her
And she faxed it end of January I get asked to go for a urine test payed for by the DVLA I go on the 12th of February two weeks later no results I email Tim Burton and medical department and explain my circumstances and the fact it’s been 10 months they do both email back saying I’m on high priority and that they are checking daily for my results I get a phone call last Friday saying they have all the information they need it’s with the decision making doctor and they will phone Monday or Tuesday with a decision and that they did yesterday I don’t know why but a DD2 was never sent to my doctor just the M2 so that’s it my story done I really hope this helps people out xx

Where to start first this site has been amazingly helpful so thank you to everyone for sharing your stories
5/12/16 convicted in court for drink driving blew 111 at station 28 months ban reduced to 22 with the course and one years probation £750 fine.
October 2018 eligible to reapply for license I did not as I was then alcohol dependent forward to June 2019 and I go to hospital for alcohol detox for two weeks. I also had an addiction to codeine and in 2015 started a buprenorphine/subutex treatment I still take 10mg maintenance dose no relapses for both to date I also have bipolar type 2 I take the following medication accamproste and baclofen for alcohol cravings sertraline 125mg quetiapine 200mg amatriptaline 20mg for plantar fasciitis pain. So may 2020 nearly 12 months after detox I reapply for my license with the DR1 from declaring my detox they say no medicals for 12 weeks so beginning September I get my letter to make an appointment it’s booked for the 27th of that month through this site I found I had to send an M1 and DG1 to inform them of my bipolar and codeine addiction so they send M2 to my consultant who waited for 12 weeks to tell me she does not do the mental health side just the alcohol I was livid so that takes me to January the M2 gets sent to my gp she only works Monday and Tuesday and she rang me to go through the form on the third Monday so really only four working days for her
And she faxed it end of January I get asked to go for a urine test payed for by the DVLA I go on the 12th of February two weeks later no results I email Tim Burton and medical department and explain my circumstances and the fact it’s been 10 months they do both email back saying I’m on high priority and that they are checking daily for my results I get a phone call last Friday saying they have all the information they need it’s with the decision making doctor and they will phone Monday or Tuesday with a decision and that they did yesterday I don’t know why but a DD2 was never sent to my doctor just the M2 so that’s it my story done I really hope this helps people out xx
congrats ! and now breath and smile :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off