Filling the form out

Convicted Driver Insurance

Olimoh

Hi all, not sure I'm in the right place. I am filling in the D1 form after losing my licence for attempting to drive after drinking. Do I need to get a new passport photo and get it signed again or do I just need to send off my passport as ID? I'm in Northern Ireland in case it's different.
Thanks in advance!

It's my understanding that if you have a current passport, then that photo can be used. Not sure if different in NI - maybe somebody else could explain

It's my understanding that if you have a current passport, then that photo can be used. Not sure if different in NI - maybe somebody else could explain
The current situation is that you sign the application for and put your passport number on it, which satisfies your identity question but you still have to submit a passport style photo to get a full licence. (so no counter signature required on the photo)

On the D1 form i just i entered my passport number and sent no photo....that must have satisfied the DVLA because I've heard nothing back and i'm in the process of waiting for my licence back after having the medical.

Thank you all for the help! Did it take long to get the medical appointment?
It took the DVLA just short of 4 weeks to send me letter telling me to book appt. I then had to wait a further 4 weeks fir that appointment, although the latter varies according to demand on GP they assign you to . Many on here report much shorter waits .

Thank you all for the help! Did it take long to get the medical appointment?
From posting the form off it took 12 weeks until i got a letter telling me to book the appointment and then a further 2 weeks until i had the medical.

Long enough time lol I was told by the DVA that I can't send my form off until the date my ban ends. I am going to send it off now anyway in the hope they might start it early. My ban is up on the 11/11/21 so not long.

Long enough time lol I was told by the DVA that I can't send my form off until the date my ban ends. I am going to send it off now anyway in the hope they might start it early. My ban is up on the 11/11/21 so not long.
My understanding is that forms can be sent in 90 days early ( HRO) or 56 days early ( other cases ). Yes: get it in !

You are correct. In Northern Ireland you cannot apply until your ban is up. If you send it now it will be rejected.
You also have the added bonus over there of having to pay 4 times what we pay for a medical and to have to retake your test at the end of the ban…..

You are correct. In Northern Ireland you cannot apply until your ban is up. If you send it now it will be rejected.
You also have the added bonus over there of having to pay 4 times what we pay for a medical and to have to retake your test at the end of the ban…..
Sorry. I was talking re UK . Didn’t realise it was NI. Apologies

Sorry. I was talking re UK . Didn’t realise it was NI. Apologies
No problem at all! It's a pain in the ass. I will chance sending it off now anyway. By the time it gets there my time should be up lol thank you all for your help!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off