Failure to Provide

Convicted Driver Insurance

WinterSnow

Established Member
I’m seeing a lot of posts on here where people are “Failing to Provide”.

It has made me wonder:

1) if people think they may get off because of it?

2) they feel their criminal record will be less detrimental socially if they state they couldn’t blow and therefore there was a glitch etc per se?

3) they have no idea of the consequences of the HRO status in the eyes of the DVLA if the FTP?

FTP is a serious offence.

It’s probably more debilitating than most breath samples and their subsequent sentences and I feel people need to know that a HRO status is potentially life changing because the DVLA see a license as a privilege and not a right.

Any thoughts??

I think for many it’s just sheer panic, or the anxiety effect of sheer panic. Some people are genuinely unable to compose themselves in times of stress. I was merely so drunk I didn’t see the point kicking up a fuss. I though the more cooperative I was the sooner I’d be out of there.

I feel for those who genuinely can’t. As much as I those who mistakenly don’t, hoping it’ll all go away somehow. It’s a horrible and shameful experience. But, barring - those unfortunate cases with serious casualties - it’s very few who are so intoxicated that the sentence is worse than it would be had they failed to provide. You are right - it is serious.

I think for many it’s just sheer panic, or the anxiety effect of sheer panic. Some people are genuinely unable to compose themselves in times of stress. I was merely so drunk I didn’t see the point kicking up a fuss. I though the more cooperative I was the sooner I’d be out of there.

I feel for those who genuinely can’t. As much as I those who mistakenly don’t, hoping it’ll all go away somehow. It’s a horrible and shameful experience. But, barring - those unfortunate cases with serious casualties - it’s very few who are so intoxicated that the sentence is worse than it would be had they failed to provide. You are right - it is serious.
I for one was soo petrified and mortified I had absolutely no idea of the consequences I even questioned why I needed a solicitor as I was soo naive of my actions
I was distraught at my situation personally I was oblivious to what lie ahead and the devastation it had caused my life since
I found this forum a very useful insight about all sorts I had no idea about and my eyes have truly been opened and have learnt soo much which I am trying to put to good use and to live my life without putting myself to shame every single day constantly
I can’t change the past but I’m sure as hell gonna try and move forward

There was a thing years ago. If you refuse or “can’t” for some reason they can’t charge you with the DR10. Which may or may not be true, but the flip side of that is even worse

I’m seeing a lot of posts on here where people are “Failing to Provide”.

It has made me wonder:

1) if people think they may get off because of it?

2) they feel their criminal record will be less detrimental socially if they state they couldn’t blow and therefore there was a glitch etc per se?

3) they have no idea of the consequences of the HRO status in the eyes of the DVLA if the FTP?

FTP is a serious offence.

It’s probably more debilitating than most breath samples and their subsequent sentences and I feel people need to know that a HRO status is potentially life changing because the DVLA see a license as a privilege and not a right.

Any thoughts??
I agree the amount of people who don't blow when they are drink driving and blaming there mental health seems the normal now.
Think I have heard ever excuse going on here the only viable excuse for not blowing is severe respiratory condition as far as I am concerned.

I agree the amount of people who don't blow when they are drink driving and blaming there mental health seems the normal now.
Think I have heard ever excuse going on here the only viable excuse for not blowing is severe respiratory condition as far as I am concerned.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off