FAILURE TO PROVIDE

Convicted Driver Insurance
sh*t that you’re classed as FTP even though you have given one sample 😭
I feel your pain but even with the one sample if you blew 3 times the limes you still a HRO. If you on antidepressants for post natal depression I would stay on it till you feel a bit better. You said there is no alcohol issues on your gp records so you will be fine in getting your licence back just stay in contact with gp and let them know you not misusing you will be fine it seem like hell now I remember me every night just reading up on internet and driving myself crazy and waking up next Möring with no energy and my days just being horrible but it will get better I promise🙂
sh*t that you’re classed as FTP even though you have given one sample 😭

I feel your pain but even with the one sample if you blew 3 times the limes you still a HRO. If you on antidepressants for post natal depression I would stay on it till you feel a bit better. You said there is no alcohol issues on your gp records so you will be fine in getting your licence back just stay in contact with gp and let them know you not misusing you will be fine it seem like hell now I remember me every night just reading up on internet and driving myself crazy and waking up next Möring with no energy and my days just being horrible but it will get better I promise🙂
Yes you’re right, over 87.5 is HRO 😭 To be honest, I wonder what I felt anxious for to even be on them in first place as this situation is real real anxiety / stress - I’m actually looking at my life now and thinking what the hell were you down about because everything is great - then I remember what I’ve done and what’s going to happen and I suddenly feel sick!!! I need to think about what I’m going to tell the kids. Thanks so much for your support x

My understanding is that it is purely a DVLA classification that informs how the licence return process is managed . The fact that it is not a status imposed by the Courts is not relevant though .
Oh, could be, I just remember a sympathetic court clerk saying at least I wouldn't be classed HRO. I think he was trying to make himself feel better after mistaking me for a solicitor and asking who I was representing.
Idiot, once you get your court appearance out of the way, you will start to feel better, you will have a date to aim for and things will not look so bleak. Even the DD course was kinda fun, in a slightly distopian way.

Unfortunately I also know what it’s like to feel like the worst mum in the world and to feel so ashamed of myself.

I was also a failure to provide, but, shamefully I had my child in the car and I hit parked cars (no injuries to anyone, thank God). I blew over 5 times the limit at the roadside and didn’t provide a specimen at the station.

It was the worst, most shameful experience of my life. It was almost a year ago, and when I think about it (which I do every day) I still feel sick with shame.
I can say all the usual about it being so out of character, never done it before etc etc, but at the end of the day, I did it and I had to accept responsibility for that. There were no excuses that I could make.

I pleaded guilty and received a 16 month ban and a fine. I thought that was very lenient given the circumstances. I was also surprised at how ‘nice’ everyone was with me. From my solicitor, to the social worker who did my pre-sentence report, to the sheriff who sentenced me - they were actually all very nice to me.
I’m still so embarrassed and ashamed of what I did, but you will get through this. It will feel easier once the court date is over and done with.

We did a stupid thing, but it doesn’t need to define who we are.

I hope you’ve got supportive family and friends around you - the aftermath of my arrest and the lead up to the court date were some of the darkest days I’ve ever had, but things will get better, I promise.

Hi,

You will get through it, keep your head up!
I too failed to provide however I never had a roadside breath test (I was on foot).

The machine at the police station did not work so they wanted blood, I refused, I have never had a blood test as documented by my GP and had this written in a letter. I offerd urine but they said no.

The case got dropped not sure how but I know I was 3 days from trial, I did have a solicitor backing me...was probably the best phone call I have ever had from them.

At the end of the day its a driving license which you will get back.

I know personally it feels like a dark cloud being over you, that will pass in time.

Good luck, keep your chin up!

Kind Regards,

Stu

Last edited:
Hi…… so I’m due in court on 13th September for failure to provide a specimen.
I was pulled over and blew almost 3 times the legal limit. I have a three month old and have been in antidepressants since he arrived, I also have 4 other children. My marriage has been under strain since the new baby arrived and we had a huge row. I got in the car and drove - I didn’t even know where I was going I just drove to town and on my way back was pulled over. At the station I went into sheer panic, the police told me they were visiting my home to tell my husband which caused me great stress - I went into what I think was an anxiety attack and couldn’t blow into the machine because my breath wouldn’t last that long. I genuinely couldn’t catch my breath :-( it’s was so horrific. I’m so scared about what’s going to happen in court. I’m waiting on advice from a solicitor as to plead guilty or not guilty and go to trial and try to testify my reasons for not providing 💔
The only people who lose out here are my kids. All their after school clubs etc will be impossible for me get them all where they need to be it’s just so horrendous. Cannot believe what I’ve done. I can’t sleep since it happened because I’m so scared I’ll get sent to jail or have to do community service. I’m utterly ashamed of myself and feel like such a let down of a mother. Any advice or personal experiences would be gratefully received! I know everybody is different so each case will be dealt with differently but I’m just absolutely petrified about going to court and what’s going to happen to me !!!
Specimen of blood? In my case for cannabis i refused to give blood and got a mandatory ban.

Specimen of blood? In my case for cannabis i refused to give blood and got a mandatory ban.
They didn’t offer me an alternative (blood/urine) because apparently it’s the discretion of the officer other choose to offer this, they obviously didn’t think my excuse was reasonable 🥺

Hi,

You will get through it, keep your head up!
I too failed to provide however I never had a roadside breath test (I was on foot).

The machine at the police station did not work so they wanted blood, I refused, I have never had a blood test as documented by my GP and had this written in a letter. I offerd urine but they said no.

The case got dropped not sure how but I know I was 3 days from trial, I did have a solicitor backing me...was probably the best phone call I have ever had from them.

At the end of the day its a driving license which you will get back.

I know personally it feels like a dark cloud being over you, that will pass in time.

Good luck, keep your chin up!

Kind Regards,

Stu
Wow you were lucky in so happy for you!!!

Unfortunately I also know what it’s like to feel like the worst mum in the world and to feel so ashamed of myself.

I was also a failure to provide, but, shamefully I had my child in the car and I hit parked cars (no injuries to anyone, thank God). I blew over 5 times the limit at the roadside and didn’t provide a specimen at the station.

It was the worst, most shameful experience of my life. It was almost a year ago, and when I think about it (which I do every day) I still feel sick with shame.
I can say all the usual about it being so out of character, never done it before etc etc, but at the end of the day, I did it and I had to accept responsibility for that. There were no excuses that I could make.

I pleaded guilty and received a 16 month ban and a fine. I thought that was very lenient given the circumstances. I was also surprised at how ‘nice’ everyone was with me. From my solicitor, to the social worker who did my pre-sentence report, to the sheriff who sentenced me - they were actually all very nice to me.
I’m still so embarrassed and ashamed of what I did, but you will get through this. It will feel easier once the court date is over and done with.

We did a stupid thing, but it doesn’t need to define who we are.

I hope you’ve got supportive family and friends around you - the aftermath of my arrest and the lead up to the court date were some of the darkest days I’ve ever had, but things will get better, I promise.
Thank you ❤️ Sorry You’ve been through this and to be honest it sounds like I feel exactly how you did! 4 weeks tomorrow until court and I can’t sleep of a night. Want it out of the way but also don’t want to have no licence!!! I’ve been trying to make slight adjustments to how much I use my car but it’s easier in the summer holidays, lord knows how I’ll get 4 kids to 3 different schools with a 5 month old 🥺

Did they offer you a course to reduce the ban? Also, are you a high risk offender & do you have to do a medical to get your licence back??

They didn’t offer me an alternative (blood/urine) because apparently it’s the discretion of the officer other choose to offer this, they obviously didn’t think my excuse was reasonable 🥺
Same here but legislation state they should offer a urine test? Its a war against the people, they want us off the road so they can drive their hyper and supercars without us being in the way. I say this because they are still manufacturing hyper and supercars as well as superyachts.
So much for global warming eh? Their argument would probably be how can a few thousand yachts and supercars affect climate change. This will be while we (the masses) use automatous transport while living in a credit based society. Do as you are told or you will become an outcast. Lately I can't stop thinking about George Orwell and how he was soo right.

This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Same here but legislation state they should offer a urine test? Its a war against the people, they want us off the road so they can drive their hyper and supercars without us being in the way. I say this because they are still manufacturing hyper and supercars as well as superyachts.
So much for global warming eh? Their argument would probably be how can a few thousand yachts and supercars affect climate change. This will be while we (the masses) use automatous transport while living in a credit based society. Do as you are told or you will become an outcast. Lately I can't stop thinking about George Orwell and how he was soo right.

This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
Id like to see this legislation? I dont disagree with what you’ve said, we’re totally into all of this too! There’s definitely a huge presence of matrix and anpr cars around our area. Although, it’s totally my fault for drunk driving, I accept my choices were wrong. I wouldn’t be in this position if I’d have not had a drink and then drove!!!

Id like to see this legislation? I dont disagree with what you’ve said, we’re totally into all of this too! There’s definitely a huge presence of matrix and anpr cars around our area. Although, it’s totally my fault for drunk driving, I accept my choices were wrong. I wouldn’t be in this position if I’d have not had a drink and then drove!!!
Yes true and you won't do it again. Whats boiling my piss is my bloods came back 0.4 but DVLA decided to contact a placement GP who has never even met me and claimed I had a history of alcohol dependence so my application was refused for 12mths this is after the process took me nearly 6mths extra on my ban. Then there are people on here who say "well you must do as they say"! I'm saying do crime, do time, pass test and that should be it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off