Failed to provide the Breath test

Convicted Driver Insurance
Agyemane - You state that you didn't drive but admitted you were drunk yet earlier in the thread you stated "..I got drunk decided to drive, I drove for 4mins and hit something which still I don’t know than what I remember was telling myself I can’t go that’s when I decide to sleep in the car...".

I appreciate that it's extremely concerning and worrying for you but the fact is that you drove whilst drunk and got caught. A solicitor isn't going to get you off this, they're simply going to prolong the process and take more money from you. My advice is to plead guilty and be as apologetic as you can. If you can obtain character references from your employer then that may be in your benefit.

Oh ok thanks for your help
My solicitor told me the did not charge me with driving because they did not know to be frank when the police came I was in the drivers seat sleeping after hitting which I think they have no idea about because they haven’t mentioned it so far. They can think I have drove whiles drunk but they did see me driving don’t know if you get me. Because as at now the from my solicitor the police have not mentioned of me hitting something which makes me more scared because maybe that will come up in the trails which will make my case worse
* they haven’t talk about me hitting
* they haven’t talk about me driving

It sounds like you've been charged with being drunk in charge of a vehicle. You were found in the car, with the keys and tested positive for excess alcohol. It also sounds like the police were not aware of your collision as you haven't been questioned about it or charged, very unlikely that this is going to be something that comes up later. If the police are made aware of the collision then you would need to be interviewed about it, it's not something that will crop up at the court hearing without you being aware.

Face it, things could be a lot worse if you were found driving and having had a collision. You would be wise to take it on the chin, be thankful that you got away with what you have and plead guilty to the charges. You'll most likely receive a ban and a fine. If you're a new driver then once your ban has ended you'll have to undertake the theory and test again as well as deal with all the hassle that comes with driving, alcohol and the DVLA.

they email me saying now the plan is to try get me in category 2 which I think is okay but will have to get letter from my GP tell the court what I have done about my drink habits but with my GP is only for 4years I have been in this country when there after the incident because I was not eating nor sleeping and they gave me date to take my blood which is on this month 24, so the question is how will I have to convinced them to give me this letter as they don’t have much history about me

they email me saying now the plan is to try get me in category 2 which I think is okay but will have to get letter from my GP tell the court what I have done about my drink habits but with my GP is only for 4years I have been in this country when there after the incident because I was not eating nor sleeping and they gave me date to take my blood which is on this month 24, so the question is how will I have to convinced them to give me this letter as they don’t have much history about me
Hi,

Drunk and in charge seems like the best outcome but failing to provide will bring a HRO status.

Try not to keep dwelling on it, it will consume you if you let it.

As for your solicitor unless they can clearly tell you how they plan to defend this...get rid of them.

My solicitor was local but her main speciality/focus was DD cases. And made it clear I had grounds to fight from the start.

Kind regards,

Stu

Hi,

Drunk and in charge seems like the best outcome but failing to provide will bring a HRO status.

Try not to keep dwelling on it, it will consume you if you let it.

As for your solicitor unless they can clearly tell you how they plan to defend this...get rid of them.

My solicitor was local but her main speciality/focus was DD cases. And made it clear I had grounds to fight from the start.

Kind regards,

Now I don’t know weather to pay for the second hearing or not
Hi,

What did was ask myself:

Am I guilty = No

Then fight

Do I want this over with = Yes

Plead guilty

If I am not guilty and give up can I live with that = No

If I loose I will get more of a fine & ban = Yes

Would I rather be found guilty than lie to myself = Yes

These were the questions that I thought about over and over before and just about to give my plea.

All I got back was it is up to you what you plea.

I did want it over with so bad but picked the 1st option.

It was a true test. I won but at a cost, the mental part was the hardest.

Keep your head up.

Kind regards,

Stu

Last edited:
Hi,

What did was ask myself:

Am I guilty = No

Then fight

Do I want this over with = Yes

Plead guilty

If I am not guilty and give up can I live with that = No

If I loose I will get more of a fine & ban = Yes

Would I rather be found guilty than lie to myself = Yes

These were the questions that I thought about over and over before and just about to give my plea.

All I got back was it is up to you what you plea.

I did want it over with so bad but picked the 1st option.

It was a true test. I won but at a cost, the mental part was the hardest.

Keep your head up.

Kind regards,

Stu
Yea I get you, thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off