Failed Medical !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

sizzler

Some help please.

Ok 2 year ban over last week. been driving on section 88.

Had DVLA medical in February and they wrote to my GP for further information in March.

I have rang DVLA about twenty times to see if they had any answers for my results.

Went to see my GP and was told levels were a bit high but nothing to worry about and said she filled in form and sent it back to DVLA.

Rang DVLA yesterday and asked how things were progressing, she replied we have sent you a letter and you must stop driving immediately. I was gob smacked. I treid to keep level head and ask what was wrong. I was told 2 of my tests wre normal one was one point over and one was extremely high. Shock horror!!!!!!

Surely my doctor should have noticed this!!!!!!!!

Quite worried but hopefully will find out which test it is tody if post arrives.

I have sorted and registered with new doctor and gonna request some LFT tests and hopefully get to the bottom of this.

I am unsure what else to do. anyone been in this situation?

any advice or help please

thanks sizzler

Well got my letter in post heres results

GAMMA GT 118 UPPER REF RANGE 73
AST 27 UPPER REF RANGE 72
MCV 101 UPPER REF RANGE 100 OUCH 1 POINT OUT
ALT 34 32 UPPPER REF RANGE 72

NEED 3 OUT OF 4 RESULTS TO PASS.

Well buggar me one point out.

I did not drink for weeks before my medical.

I do take cocodamol on a regular basis and have done for 15 years. Codeine affects these two results and am planning apeal based on this. Have been to see new doctor who is helping an have had lfts done. Also spoke to DVLA and they say if I can come up with evedince to support this they may reconsider applicaion.

Anyone ever apealed or any thoughts and advice welcome

cheers Sizz

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off