Extra sentence

Convicted Driver Insurance

AndyJG

Well Known Member
Ive committed a crime...im currently serving my sentence...ive paid the fine and completed the driver awareness course. Come the time my license is due back (20/1/2022) if the DVLA/Government fail to return it (on successful completion of medical) are they also committing a crime ? No other "criminal" would serve a longer sentence,without suing for freedom of liberty.........

The problem with that argument is that the medical is not just a single appointment. The process is not completed until DVLA are satisfied of your fitness to drive, which can include medical enquiries with your GP if necessary and then considering the results.

Ive committed a crime...im currently serving my sentence...ive paid the fine and completed the driver awareness course. Come the time my license is due back (20/1/2022) if the DVLA/Government fail to return it (on successful completion of medical) are they also committing a crime ? No other "criminal" would serve a longer sentence,without suing for freedom of liberty.........

No they are not committing a crime. You committed an offence that leaves you at the mercy of a licensing body. There are no laws in place that state that the DVLA or any public service must operate within certain time frames, it’s down to case load and staff availability.

“Suing for freedom of liberty” - You holding a driving licence is not a human right, it’s a right granted to you by the government and held on their terms and conditions. The law states that you must successfully complete the DVLA’s medical procedure if you are a High Risk Offender. Your “criminal” ban does not continue past the date it ends, so you are not being treated as a criminal past that date. The right to liberty under Article 5 states that you can’t be imprisoned or detained without good reason, a driving ban is neither imprisonment or detainment so not covered under this law. Meaning you can not sue for a law that isn’t being breached.

Thanks for the replies....price1367 maybe got it a bit better......if the DVLA/Government cant fulfill their duties,,,,they should extend the 90 day period for license/medical application, so we can at least stand a chance,of getting our licence back ,at the stated end of our ban.....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off