Early Return of Driving License

Convicted Driver Insurance

adam-shea

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this topic on here for a while due to being banned and have managed to secure a court date for tomorrow!
My preparation has included:

- 2 x references, onefrom close friend stating how I've changed (which is have) and one from a qualified social worker.
- Covering letter/statement which includes reasons for application, remorse and how me not being able to drive is having a negative effect on family members and the community.
- CDT Medichecks rest result sheet (0.8%) even though I have been sober for 830 days.
- Certificate of DD awareness course
- Letter from support worker from Alcohol sessions I've attended..

Is there anything I've missed? I knownits late on but am a bit nervous!

Thanks for everyone on this forum for their content too, it's been so informative and supportive!

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this topic on here for a while due to being banned and have managed to secure a court date for tomorrow!
My preparation has included:

- 2 x references, onefrom close friend stating how I've changed (which is have) and one from a qualified social worker.
- Covering letter/statement which includes reasons for application, remorse and how me not being able to drive is having a negative effect on family members and the community.
- CDT Medichecks rest result sheet (0.8%) even though I have been sober for 830 days.
- Certificate of DD awareness course
- Letter from support worker from Alcohol sessions I've attended..

Is there anything I've missed? I knownits late on but am a bit nervous!

Thanks for everyone on this forum for their content too, it's been so informative and supportive!
Looks like you have everything covered now its in the lap of the magistrates good luck 👍

Any update
Hiya,

Yes, I had my court hearing today listed for 2pm.

I arrived at around 1:45 and signed in with reception. I was sent to court 5 and told to wait outside until called.

I was called and stood in court at the back, they asked me to confirm my details and I stood up and did so.

I was then asked for the reason I was there "For the early return of my driving licence" I responded.

I then handed them my supporting documentation and they took around 3 minutes to read through these.

I was then asked to explain why, I had pre-written my statement bit didn't even open it as in my head knew what I wanted to say. Started off by saying my apologies to the courts, the police and the general public at the time of the offence for wasting their tine for such a mindless act.

Once I had done this,, the CPS was asked if the police had provided any evidence to support me not being granted an early return. They brought up my previous convictions and asked gor more detail around the last conviction. I explained what had happened at the time of the incident and reassured them there is not a chance inhell those could happen again.

The took maybe a 3 minute time out (which felt like an hour!)

They returned and agreed that after careful consideration the ban would be lifted from this is point.

If anyone wants to message me happyntonshare my cover letter and other references.

Now for the DVLA medical and re-application. Phase 1 complete!

Hiya,

I arrived at around 1:45 and signed in with reception. I was sent to court 5 and told to wait outside until called.

I was called and stood in court at the back, they asked me to confirm my details and I stood up and did so.

I was then asked for the reason I was there "For the early return of my driving licence" I responded.

I then handed them my supporting documentation and they took around 3 minutes to read through these.

I was then asked to explain why, I had pre-written my statement bit didn't even open it as in my head knew what I wanted to say. Started off by saying my apologies to the courts, the police and the general public at the time of the offence for wasting their tine for such a mindless act.

Once I had done this,, the CPS was asked if the police had provided any evidence to support me not being granted an early return. They brought up my previous convictions and asked gor more detail around the last conviction. I explained what had happened at the time of the incident and reassured them there is not a chance inhell those could happen again.

They returned and agreed that after careful consideration the ban would be lifted from this is point.

If anyone wants to message me happyntonshare my cover letter and other references.

That’s excellent news congratulations

Hiya,

Well done its not an easy task to undertake.

Hiya,

Excellent, well done

Hiya,

Nice one its a good feeling it took me from the 24th of July to November 24th to get my license back so 4 months and that was smooth hope yours is smooth running

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off