Early removal of ban

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thanks P for the v. informative answer. My letter was submitted under a month ago and the court hearing is detailed for before Christmas. Due to essential court backlog, expected it to be waaaay longer. Benb1993 nothing really to add but happy to look at your proposed words by DM whenever.

Thanks P for the v. informative answer. My letter was submitted under a month ago and the court hearing is detailed for before Christmas. Due to essential court backlog, expected it to be waaaay longer. Benb1993 nothing really to add but happy to look at your proposed words by DM whenever.
Thanks mate

Reactions: RSC
Hearing for early return of licence was re-scheduled as the Police had not responded. Rescheduled for late Jan. Advised by my solicitor they will instruct CPS - hopefully in effing time - this time.

Hi (again) all. Court case for early return of my licence in December was postponed due to the involved Police Force not having responded. It was re-scheduled for later this month. Much as I want my licence back, the new lockdown advice is to stay locally (which would not be possible in this case, although not all that far) and the fact my solicitor is in his 70s have me thinking. The CPS, magistrates, court clerks, usher etc would all have to be involved too. All advice welcome.

Hi (again) all. Court case for early return of my licence in December was postponed due to the involved Police Force not having responded. It was re-scheduled for later this month. Much as I want my licence back, the new lockdown advice is to stay locally (which would not be possible in this case, although not all that far) and the fact my solicitor is in his 70s have me thinking. The CPS, magistrates, court clerks, usher etc would all have to be involved too. All advice welcome.
Hearing for early return of licence was re-scheduled as the Police had not responded. Rescheduled for late Jan. Advised by my solicitor they will instruct CPS - hopefully in effing time - this time.
Pleased to say that my driving ban has been lifted. If anybody wants any advice, do PM me. Next hurdle is trying to track down a medical. From what I'm reading, this might take as long as the time that would have been left on my ban. Oh well. Quick question - does anybody know if I have to notify (the dread) DVLA or will the court do so automatically? Lastly - really - the address the DVLA have for me is out of date. Tried to change it online but no joy. Can I do anything but write to them about this?

Pleased to say that my driving ban has been lifted. If anybody wants any advice, do PM me. Next hurdle is trying to track down a medical. From what I'm reading, this might take as long as the time that would have been left on my ban. Oh well. Quick question - does anybody know if I have to notify (the dread) DVLA or will the court do so automatically? Lastly - really - the address the DVLA have for me is out of date. Tried to change it online but no joy. Can I do anything but write to them about this?
So are you aloud to drive now then or still have to wait till you have done a medical? Don’t suppose you could inbox me with roughly what you wrote in letter. I don’t no how to start lol

So are you aloud to drive now then or still have to wait till you have done a medical? Don’t suppose you could inbox me with roughly what you wrote in letter. I don’t no how to start lol
Well theoretically I "could" drive but risk being pulled for not having a licence. So yes, waiting on a medical. Will PM.

Well theoretically I "could" drive but risk being pulled for not having a licence. So yes, waiting on a medical. Will PM.
And no insurance! Good idea to wait for the medical and hopefully it will not drag on for too long. You will have to push DVLA to get the medical if you do not hear from them after 3 - 4 weeks.

Hi guys. Quick update I have a court date for 7th June. I’m going it alone. Not quite sure what to expect when get in the court room. Fingers crossed

Did you follow my suggestions in thread no17 of your last post?
Hi mate. Yeah I did. Thank you very much. Obviously I haven’t got a solicitor so it’s more as what goes on in court. I’m a very shy person and when under pressure I tend to get my words mixed up.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off