Early removal of ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

Benb1993

Hi guys. I’m just writing this to see if anyone has done this previously. Basically I am on my second drink drive ban and I have nearly served 24 months out of the 44. So I can apply back to the court for removal in March.

I’m just wondering how you go about getting it back in to court? Do I need a drink drive solicitor?

I work full time and have to rely on lifts to work. I lose hours because of this. I have a baby due anytime soon also.

I have never been arrested since I got caught drink driving and I’ve pretty much changed my life

if anyone else had been back to court and won please could you tell me how to go about things.

thanks for reading.

Hi guys. I’m just writing this to see if anyone has done this previously. Basically I am on my second drink drive ban and I have nearly served 24 months out of the 44. So I can apply back to the court for removal in March.

I’m just wondering how you go about getting it back in to court? Do I need a drink drive solicitor?

I work full time and have to rely on lifts to work. I lose hours because of this. I have a baby due anytime soon also.

I have never been arrested since I got caught drink driving and I’ve pretty much changed my life

if anyone else had been back to court and won please could you tell me how to go about things.

thanks for reading.
Forget it ben this would cost you thousands and you will achieve nothing but a big dent in your bank account.You have to apply at the time of sentencing to appeal against any ban.

Forget it ben this would cost you thousands and you will achieve nothing but a big dent in your bank account.You have to apply at the time of sentencing to appeal against any ban.
No you can apply for early removal anything under 4 years you can apply back early after served half of the time

No you can apply for early removal anything under 4 years you can apply back early after served half of the time
Hi Am doing just this. You do not need a solicitor but your letter should be worded a certain way. Feel free to DM me.

Try it and find out for your self. Your banned for 44 months for a second offence and not in a million years will you get that reduced.Sorry but better to be upfront

He is not appealing against his ban, he is appealing for the early restoration of his licence, to the court that disqualified him. This can be done after serving half of your ban, subject to a minimum of 2 years having elapsed.
Busy with other things for a while, but in a day or two I will detail the process (unless someone else beats me to it)
It is something you can do without a solicitor if you prepare well........

He is not appealing against his ban, he is appealing for the early restoration of his licence, to the court that disqualified him. This can be done after serving half of your ban, subject to a minimum of 2 years having elapsed.
Busy with other things for a while, but in a day or two I will detail the process (unless someone else beats me to it)
Thank you 😊

the thing that goes massively against you is the two offences in 10 years Ben. But it’s always worth a shot!
Yeah I get that but I read same thing on here the other day from few years ago and some guy won it back also. Everything gotta be worth a try. Worst they can say is no and I’ll have to wait

Yeah I get that but I read same thing on here the other day from few years ago and some guy won it back also. Everything gotta be worth a try. Worst they can say is no and I’ll have to wait

very true. Best of luck ben!

Hi mate you still ok to give me details on where to start please. Thanks

If you can afford it, a solicitor with experience of applying for a licence back early is worth it.
If you have to go it alone, here is what you do:
Write a letter to the court that disqualified you, asking for a hearing to make an application for the restoration of your ban.
Set out the date you were banned and the length of the ban.
Then set out the reasons why you want your licence back early.
Start off by saying what you have done to alter your drinking habits since you were banned. Have you had any involvement from your GP or any other medical help? detail them. That helps then assess the risk you pose now.
Attach any character references that you can get (2 is enough) to say something about your character. One should be from work and hopefully include any details of how you will be of more use to them if you have your licence back now. This could be about being able top do extra late shifts or visit different branches that cannot be done on public transport.
Then detail the impact that becoming a father will have. (No good talking about the actual birth, because it will take a couple of months to get a hearing and another 2-3 months to go through the DVLA medical process)
Then anything that will help others if you get your licence back early.

What is not good is saying how hard it is on YOU.... after all you were banned (presumably) for 44 months because of a second conviction in 10 years and a high reading or a bad accident this last time, because the usual is 36 months. It is supposed to be hard on you!

Sent that to the court, who will notify the Police and CPS of your application and give them the opportunity to make representations as to why you should not get your licence back early, or say that they have no objections. (even if there are no objections it is still at the discretion of the Magistrates)
The reason for putting in as much information as you can is that if there are compelling reasons, it makes it less likely that the police or CPS will object. If you just write and say "I have served half or my ban, 2 years have elapsed, I want my licence back." you can be sure that they WILL turn up to object!
Note that it doesn't mean that what is in the letter is the only things that you can put to the magistrates, you can elaborate on the day as well.

Hope that helps.....

If you can afford it, a solicitor with experience of applying for a licence back early is worth it.
If you have to go it alone, here is what you do:
Write a letter to the court that disqualified you, asking for a hearing to make an application for the restoration of your ban.
Set out the date you were banned and the length of the ban.
Then set out the reasons why you want your licence back early.
Start off by saying what you have done to alter your drinking habits since you were banned. Have you had any involvement from your GP or any other medical help? detail them. That helps then assess the risk you pose now.
Attach any character references that you can get (2 is enough) to say something about your character. One should be from work and hopefully include any details of how you will be of more use to them if you have your licence back now. This could be about being able top do extra late shifts or visit different branches that cannot be done on public transport.
Then detail the impact that becoming a father will have. (No good talking about the actual birth, because it will take a couple of months to get a hearing and another 2-3 months to go through the DVLA medical process)
Then anything that will help others if you get your licence back early.

What is not good is saying how hard it is on YOU.... after all you were banned (presumably) for 44 months because of a second conviction in 10 years and a high reading or a bad accident this last time, because the usual is 36 months. It is supposed to be hard on you!

Sent that to the court, who will notify the Police and CPS of your application and give them the opportunity to make representations as to why you should not get your licence back early, or say that they have no objections. (even if there are no objections it is still at the discretion of the Magistrates)
The reason for putting in as much information as you can is that if there are compelling reasons, it makes it less likely that the police or CPS will object. If you just write and say "I have served half or my ban, 2 years have elapsed, I want my licence back." you can be sure that they WILL turn up to object!
Note that it doesn't mean that what is in the letter is the only things that you can put to the magistrates, you can elaborate on the day as well.

Hope that helps.....
Thank you so much. Cleared things up a lot. How early do I send the letter? I haven’t served 2 years till March. So still 3 months away until I can apply. Just want to be well prepared for it so I have the best chance. Thanks for your time it’s much appreciated.

You need to check with the court. Some allow you to apply so the application is in court at the 2 year point, some say you cannot submit the application until the 2 years are completed already.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off