DVLNI Medical Northern Ireland

Convicted Driver Insurance
Andy I assume it means that you must have a current valid car licence so if you don't have a car licence now then I don't think that rule will apply so you'll have to do the bike theory and CBT as well as the practical test. I think that you can drive with L plates if you want to. (Personally I'd be too ashamed to do that!!! lol).
On a lighter note, I passed the bike theory test this morning. I got 47/50 in the questions and 68/75 in the hazard perception. Very similar to my car theory test results.
I'm feeling a bit nervous about my car test tomorrow morning
icon6.png
. I just hope I don't mess it up on something stupid but it's my birthday.....I'm sure God will be good to me!

Last edited:
Good luck with the test and happy birthday tomorrow...had another lesson today...only thing I find difficult is backing round corners...guess I'm too old for all this neck craning...anyway, have the test next Thurs and have a half hour before it to brush up beforehand...hope it's enough

Thanks strontium. I have a half hour before the test tomorrow too. Had a lesson this afternoon. It's a matter of remembering it all and putting it into practice now. Here's hoping and I'll let you know how I get on.

Hey Chris, did you find much difference with the bike theory test. Should hopefully get the Motorcycle DVD tomorrow from Amazon. Did a few online and again the bike questions seem common sense.

Good Luck tomorrow for the test. I didn't realise the Show n Tell has increased the questions to 19 now.

Andy
I didn't bother getting the bike theory test dvd. I was going to but a bike instructor told me there was no need. There really is very little difference from the car theory test and any bike specific questions are common sense so you might be able to save yourself a few quid. It's up to you but for what it's worth I didn't have any difficulty at all. Some of the questions in the test are the same but they just change the word "car" for "bike".
Yes, there are 19 show me tell me questions for the practical test but you only get asked 2 or 3 of them I think. I've been watching a couple of youtube videos that show them all. Again, they really are common sense but it's still good to know what they are so I recommend you have a look at them.

By the way strontium....I think we have the same instructor! A guy called John in a black Peugeot 207 by any chance??? He told me he had another DD driver on his books besides me!! Just from what you were saying he was off sick the other day and you're from Castlewellan. I'm just down the road from you. Small world!

Yip, simple indeed and apparently if you become tongue-tied and get the 2 questions half right or wrong it still won't go against you!!

Haha Chris...yep, that's me...he told me about another pupil from Dundrum..so that's you...unbelievably small world here in Norn Iron LOL

Well chaps.....had my test this morning............and I PASSED!! Woo Hoo!! Can't tell you how good I feel. Just had 2 minor faults and it went really well.
A massive cloud has lifted from my mind and I'm feeling like I've just won the lottery!!

Thanks strontium. I'm sure you'll have the same result next Thursday. It really wasn't stressful at all. The examiner was a very helpful and relaxed guy and the test itself went better than any of my lessons did. John was an excellent instructor, I'd recommend him to anyone.

Yes strontium, it was in Downpatrick. The manoeuvre I got was reversing around a corner. He did it within the first 5 minutes of the test so it was good to get it out of the way early. There were a few simple questions before we left the test centre, the show me tell me questions. Then there was the emergency stop, hill start and the bit where he shows you a map of the next few turns and you drive that bit without him saying turn left or right etc.
The rest really was quite easy and straightforward. I was a bit nervous to begin with but I quickly realised that there was no point in letting it get to me so I just relaxed and let it sort itself out. The key is to relax yourself as quickly as possible.

There's no point stressing yourself out over it. Your best performance will come out if you tell yourself you can do it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off