DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

hedgehogx

I’m currently in the process of getting my license back after my ban. I submitted my D1 as soon as I was able to, attended my medical at the earliest opportunity and I was told that once they’ve received the results of the medical the process is around 3 weeks. I’ve contacted the DVLA medical team who have told me they received my results on 13/10/22 and I’m currently still waiting for my license to be approved - never mind posted. My ban was theoretically lifted a week ago.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Does anyone know what the current wait time is?

I’ve purchased a car as I was eagerly anticipating not having to cycle everywhere in the cold winter months and it’s so frustrating that I have no answers.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I’m currently in the process of getting my license back after my ban. I submitted my D1 as soon as I was able to, attended my medical at the earliest opportunity and I was told that once they’ve received the results of the medical the process is around 3 weeks. I’ve contacted the DVLA medical team who have told me they received my results on 13/10/22 and I’m currently still waiting for my license to be approved - never mind posted. My ban was theoretically lifted a week ago.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Does anyone know what the current wait time is?

I’ve purchased a car as I was eagerly anticipating not having to cycle everywhere in the cold winter months and it’s so frustrating that I have no answers.

hedgehogx

Welcome to the forum. To be frank - you have done really well to get DVLA medical done and out the way in the timescale you mentioned. If you read through some of the threads on this forum, you will see that the DVLA is complete dire straits and people are waiting weeks and months for progress of their licence applications.

Unfortunately, the DVLA is full of incompetent, lazy and dishonest staff who are still playing the Covid19 card as an excuse for the ongoing delays. I was banned in 2019 and eventually re-instated with a 12 month temporary licence in January 2021 following completion of my DVLA medical. I posted my D1 off in October last year (2021) to renew the licence that expired on the 21st January this year (2022). Since then I have been driving under Section 88 legislation and I am still awaiting to attend my second DVLA medical. You couldn't make it up!!!!

CJ

In the same position they have had my gp report for 2 weeks now rang them yesterday and they said they have everything it just needs looking at at which point I said whens it going to be looked at then and the reply was how long is a peace of string lol 😆 be patient fella soon be over 🤞

In the same position they have had my gp report for 2 weeks now rang them yesterday and they said they have everything it just needs looking at at which point I said whens it going to be looked at then and the reply was how long is a peace of string lol 😆 be patient fella soon be over 🤞
DVLA have had my application and medical information since mid October. Still no news 😔

Holy fook thats a pisstake shit and I have just brought a car 😳
I've been calling weekly and they tell me nothing. My medical was 22nd Sep.
I think I am going to have to make a complaint regarding the time frame. But that will probably take a few months before it's seen 😂

I've been calling weekly and they tell me nothing. My medical was 22nd Sep.
I think I am going to have to make a complaint regarding the time frame. But that will probably take a few months before it's seen 😂
Its abit strange that some people get there licence back after 3 weeks I want to get back to work jeez 😫

DVLA have had everything they need from me since August. Ban ends December 8th. They admitted to me yesterday on the phone I had no chance of getting my licence back yet. It’s still with medical team awaiting “assessment” for a medical date

They had all my forms 8th August.
Rang them and they said to wait and sent me a S88 form.
The DVLA are a joke. It’s local to me and I know many people who ‘work’ there.
They think it’s funny and don’t call it work. They laugh and say it’s a social gathering and nothing gets done!

Jesus looking at these replys is depressing think I will go back to ringing every day
It’s the only way, how else will you find anything out? They say they will let you know when there’s something to tell you. At every step of the way, I only ever found anything out if I rang them. They rang me once after knowing of a problem for a month. They are full of it.

It’s the only way, how else will you find anything out? They say they will let you know when there’s something to tell you. At every step of the way, I only ever found anything out if I rang them. They rang me once after knowing of a problem for a month. They are full of it.
To be honest they have been pretty good with me up to this point they have all the information just send me my license am guessing this is were the bottle neck is ffs 🤦🥴

To be honest they have been pretty good with me up to this point they have all the information just send me my license am guessing this is were the bottle neck is ffs 🤦🥴
Jeez don’t say I have another bottle neck to contend with. I had a right go at them yesterday. I wasn’t abusive, but I told them the truth and some cold hard facts about their incompetence and lies. I was very articulate about it. She tried to deflect, saying “well you do realise it was only scanned on the system blah blah blah”
I told her, ooooook let’s just wind this back to august, let’s talk about you not knowing what forms to send me, let’s talk about me downloading everything and doing your work for you. Let’s talk about you sitting on things for months on end without so much as a phone call or letter. I asked her if she was aware of the abject misery and anxiety and basic life impacting issues their incompetence was causing. I reminded her that DVLA’s stated reason for delays is cited as “contacting gps for further information” I asked to to provide me with all of the health professionals they had contacted regarding my application. I also advised her in all honesty that we can talk about scanning dates, if she first furnished me with answers to all the incompetence and questions I’d asked about? There was a period of silence, which I broke by saying “this is not going well for you is it?” Then I bid her goodbye and told her to have a lovely evening.

Jeez don’t say I have another bottle neck to contend with. I had a right go at them yesterday. I wasn’t abusive, but I told them the truth and some cold hard facts about their incompetence and lies. I was very articulate about it. She tried to deflect, saying “well you do realise it was only scanned on the system blah blah blah”
I told her, ooooook let’s just wind this back to august, let’s talk about you not knowing what forms to send me, let’s talk about me downloading everything and doing your work for you. Let’s talk about you sitting on things for months on end without so much as a phone call or letter. I asked her if she was aware of the abject misery and anxiety and basic life impacting issues their incompetence was causing. I reminded her that DVLA’s stated reason for delays is cited as “contacting gps for further information” I asked to to provide me with all of the health professionals they had contacted regarding my application. I also advised her in all honesty that we can talk about scanning dates, if she first furnished me with answers to all the incompetence and questions I’d asked about? There was a period of silence, which I broke by saying “this is not going well for you is it?” Then I bid her goodbye and told her to have a lovely evening.
I try to look at it like this i was watching this site during covid and some of the horror storys then I was like jesus thats shocking people who's ban where up a year ago and they were still fighting for the dvla to get there licence back its frustrating for us but at least we haven't got it as bad as they had it, think its the inconsistencies that wind people up more some sail through some get stuck at every step i don't really blame the dvla I blame the government they have broken all public sector bodies 🤬

They had all my forms 8th August.
Rang them and they said to wait and sent me a S88 form.
The DVLA are a joke. It’s local to me and I know many people who ‘work’ there.
They think it’s funny and don’t call it work. They laugh and say it’s a social gathering and nothing gets done!

I do honestly believe part of the problem is that the DVLA is centralised to Swansea. If the DVLA organisation was restructured so they had regionalised DVLA sites at places like Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle & Glasgow then I'm convinced it would be a far more efficient outfit.

The current system is not fit for purpose in my opinion - part of the problem is down to the Swansea workforce who seem to be made up of the sick, lame & lazy brigade who don't seem to realise having a well paid job is something to be cherished.

CJ

I do honestly believe part of the problem is that the DVLA is centralised to Swansea. If the DVLA organisation was restructured so they had regionalised DVLA sites at places like Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle & Glasgow then I'm convinced it would be a far more efficient outfit.

The current system is not fit for purpose in my opinion - part of the problem is down to the Swansea workforce who seem to be made up of the sick, lame & lazy brigade who don't seem to realise having a well paid job is something to be cherished.

CJ
Totally agree, I’ve been saying this for years. DVLA is an antiquated dinosaur

hedgehogx

Welcome to the forum. To be frank - you have done really well to get DVLA medical done and out the way in the timescale you mentioned. If you read through some of the threads on this forum, you will see that the DVLA is complete dire straits and people are waiting weeks and months for progress of their licence applications.

Unfortunately, the DVLA is full of incompetent, lazy and dishonest staff who are still playing the Covid19 card as an excuse for the ongoing delays. I was banned in 2019 and eventually re-instated with a 12 month temporary licence in January 2021 following completion of my DVLA medical. I posted my D1 off in October last year (2021) to renew the licence that expired on the 21st January this year (2022). Since then I have been driving under Section 88 legislation and I am still awaiting to attend my second DVLA medical. You couldn't make it up!!!!

CJ
And now starting December 1st all DVLA staff are to go on strike!!! You couldn’t make this up!!

And now starting December 1st all DVLA staff are to go on strike!!! You couldn’t make this up!!
Please tell me this ain’t a sick joke? If that’s the case all those in the system awaiting their licence back should go in a section 88 until the dispute is resolved. It’s not fair that these lazy bone idle uncaring btards should be able to inflict further punishment to their own gain. DVLA needs to under private ownership and be broken up. And what’s more, wales shouldn’t have their own office, but rely solely on London or Edinburgh, or somewhere with a memory that will inflict the same amount of misery on them in future. It’s an absolute disgrace how this government is allowing them to get away with this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off