DVLA Timescale for non HRO’s

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi,

I have seen a lot of posts from members regarding the timescales of a HRO application with the DVLA, but wondered if any non HRO’s could advise on their personal timescales please i.e. the date you submitted your application, date cheque/postal order was cashed, date license was issued.. just curious to know 😊

Thanks

Reactions: GGG
Hi,

I have seen a lot of posts from members regarding the timescales of a HRO application with the DVLA, but wondered if any non HRO’s could advise on their personal timescales please i.e. the date you submitted your application, date cheque/postal order was cashed, date license was issued.. just curious to know 😊

Thanks
Hi, as follows:
Medical application and photo licence update/postal order sent 09 03 2021.
Received by DVLA 10 03 2021.
Letter received from DVLA stating they have contacted GP before making decisions regarding my fitness to drive:
Received by GP on 21 05 2021.
GP returned form on 30 07.
Form received by DVLA and sent to medical department and waiting for assessment since 10 08 2021 which was confirmed during call to DVLA.
No news so far.
No idea if postal order has been cashed. I assume this may be done after that department receive confirmation of new photo licence and new valid dates to be issued via medical department.

Hi NileR,

Thank you for replying, it is much appreciated :) Although I can see this is a medical application, can I ask are you a High Risk Offender or do you have a medical condition that you needed to declare? Only I am not a HRO and I don't have any medical conditions. I wanted to know the progress of a standard application after disqualification to the DVLA :)

Hi NileR,

Thank you for replying, it is much appreciated :) Although I can see this is a medical application, can I ask are you a High Risk Offender or do you have a medical condition that you needed to declare? Only I am not a HRO and I don't have any medical conditions. I wanted to know the progress of a standard application after disqualification to the DVLA :)
Hi, no bother.
I am not HRO, if I was I would not have answered your question as it was specifically addressed to non HRO applicants.♥️
I have a medical condition.
Even with this I have previously found the DVLA process normally quick and (well) within their published timescales as long as there are no issues.
The problem seems to be a combination of Covid 19 restrictions / workplace impact and the consequences of staff industrial action as far as I know.
Hi NileR,

Hi, no bother.
I am not HRO, if I was I would not have answered your question as it was specifically addressed to non HRO applicants.♥️
I have a medical condition.

Sorry ♥️ That is such a long wait for you, the DVLA really are a shambles at the moment with everything. I can't believe this has been ongoing since March :( Can you not get your local MP involved?

Sorry ♥️ That is such a long wait for you, the DVLA really are a shambles at the moment with everything. I can't believe this has been ongoing since March :( Can you not get your local MP involved?
I don't think it's been an unreasonably long enough time (six weeks this Wednesday) to get MP involved.There is around a 6 to 10 week delay so anytime within the next few weeks hopefully.
The GP taking 11 weeks to complete a form is another story...however given the shire where I live has the highest Covid rate In the whole country...
If they decide to give me a medical I wouldn't expect licence back till after Xmas.
Anyway, all the very best with your application.
If it's a standard application then hopefully all is very quick for you. You should look up the list of licence application times on the .gov DVLA website as it has updates as to application delay times.
✌️🙏

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off