DVLA STAFF-OFF WORK CORVID 19

Convicted Driver Insurance

topchippyles

Established Member
Been on the welsh news all day reporting over 500 cases of corvid19 at the dvla. Worst in the uk so no wonder we are having problems

DVLA staff in Swansea 'scared' to go to work after 500 coronavirus cases since pandemic began
A union claimed it was a scandal that the DVLA was not doing more to reduce numbers in the workplace, but the DVLA has said it is taking all possible steps to protect its workers

By
Liz Perkins
  • 17:31, 24 JAN 2021
NEWS
0_RJS_ECH_090121_clase8JPG.jpg
People are 'too scared' to work at the DVLA in Swansea during the Covid-19 pandemic, a union has claimed

Want the latest news from Swansea sent straight to your inbox?
Don't miss anything from your city! Sign up for regular updates
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Staff at Swansea’s DVLA have said they are “too scared” to go to work and that “morale is at an all time low.”
They are very unhappy with working conditions at the site and have spoken out about their fears after being forced to come into work as a new more infectious strain of coronavirus circulates.
A DVLA spokesman said it was putting staff safety first at its office sites as it did all it could to protect them from the virus.
But Swansea MS Mike Hedges said he was so concerned at the situation he had raised it with First Minister Mark Drakeford.
Mr Drakeford indicated he had raised concerns over the situation in the wake of 500 coronavirus cases there since the beginning of the pandemic and that the Welsh Government had been “worried about the DVLA for a while.”
Mr Hedges said he had been alerted that in just one day there had been a series of workers testing positive for the deadly virus.

0_Return-to-work.jpg

There have been 500 cases at the site but staff claim the situation is not improving (Image: PA)
“I have been told that 14 people have “pinged” for Covid-19 at the DVLA call centre in Swansea," said Mr Hedges.
“I asked that the DVLA make arrangements for people to work from home and have also raised these concerns with the First Minister.
“The advice is for people to work from home if possible, and the Westminster Government agencies should be setting a good example.”

500 cases in one place of work!!!! - I dont fancy their odds much

I guess the mystery has now ended about why all the delays - they are all on the sick or hiding at home

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off