DVLA refusing to change my address!

Convicted Driver Insurance

rufus

Established Member
Hi, I am currently disqualified until the end of Nov and have recently moved home.

I tried to change my address to my new one online but I received a message stating I could not do this online and contact the DVLA. I am assuming I cant change the address online due to being disqualified and therefore not actually holding a current license. So I contacted them by chat as instructed and I got a stroppy person saying I must fill out my new address on the application form that they have sent. I stated I haven't received an application yet, only to be told it has been sent out, I tried to explained I would not receive this due to moving address and thats why I need it changing - the reply was "you have been informed what to do".

I will give it another try - hopefully I will get somebody who hasnt got a chip on their shoulder

Hi Desperately need to check which address DVLA have for me. Can't change it online as banned, web chat no help (directed me to online form ) and reluctant to call as no landline so facing £££mobile bill. All advice very welcome and thanks in advance.

Rufus,
All you have to do is to fill out a D1 application form from the post office and submit that. In it you put your previous address and your current address and they will update their records and sent licence / future correspondence to your new address.

Thank you Just been web "chatting" with DVLA Apparently have to apply for licence to trigger medical letter. Who knew? (Not I)

Rufus,
Oh dear, I see you said your ban was up in November, so you could have applied in August sometime!
If you have not even sent in an application yet I fear it will be sometime before you are back on the road.....

Hi price,, I dont have a job or money to buy a car and let alone insurance and it looks like a bit of a luxury at present.
I have moved back into town, so its not as high a priority as it was when I lived in the sticks and can get most places by foot power.

They dont change your address, they have known since September 2019 that I no longer live at the address my last license was issued to (applied for my driving license HRO) checking license online its still at my previous address. I've been waiting 18months for a decision from the medical team. Medical September 2019, informed November 2020 I need to do a urine test and February 2021 done test and still f**king waiting. I lost my job since as I was supposed to be driving end of 2019. DVLA have literally destroyed my life and using covid 19 as an excuse is pathetic. I think the license address changes when you receive it after your ban, something about changing address can mess the system up I think

Hi Takingthepiss Here is what I have discovered: Banned - cannot update online. Nothing. at all. Everything has to be by post. Then DVLA coronavirus 500 people off. Personally cannot check anything online. Moved a couple of times so effing hope will respond to new (application) address.

When you submit your D1 to apply for your licence back, you fill in the form with your previous (on your licence) address and your current address. DVLA use that to match you to your licence history and issue your new licence to the current address.

If your address is different now then you will obviously not receive the D27 from DVLA so just get the D1 from a main Post Office.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off