DVLA process time

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hopefull

Well Known Member
I just want to let every one know I mailed my DR27 form on the 22 August and saw they cashed my cheque today 8 Sep. Will keep you up to date with my timelines and progress thru the process. Holding my thumbs it go quick and now second stage of worrying when medical will be and how long to contact my gp.

I just want to let every one know I mailed my DR27 form on the 22 August and saw they cashed my cheque today 8 Sep. Will keep you up to date with my timelines and progress thru the process. Holding my thumbs it go quick and now second stage of worrying when medical will be and how long to contact my gp.
Please do keep us all updated. We are all in it together and all in need of encouragement 😁

I've just been advised by DVLA...not only do I have to have a DVLA appointed medical, buy I also have to book a D4 medical with my GP because I'm an hgv driver. So DVLA have had forms 4 weeks now, and have only just informed me about the D4 medical with my own GP. So I've downloaded the forms, filled them in, paid another 100 quid, that's 300 so far, only for my GP to tell me "first available appointment 4th October" 🤬🤬🤬 and DVLA won't do anything with my application until they see that examination result fromm GP.
Absolute bunch of weapons are dvla. I've a feeling this is gonna be an epic journey. Disqualification end date 08/12/2022

I've just been advised by DVLA...not only do I have to have a DVLA appointed medical, buy I also have to book a D4 medical with my GP because I'm an hgv driver. So DVLA have had forms 4 weeks now, and have only just informed me about the D4 medical with my own GP. So I've downloaded the forms, filled them in, paid another 100 quid, that's 300 so far, only for my GP to tell me "first available appointment 4th October" 🤬🤬🤬 and DVLA won't do anything with my application until they see that examination result fromm GP.
Absolute bunch of weapons are dvla. I've a feeling this is gonna be an epic journey. Disqualification end date 08/12/2022
Don’t understand you have been at it for so long I send my forms 22 august was processed 15 September and received papers today 12 September for going to medical and now I could have gone next week but dr only do it on Tuesday and 10 October is the first Tuesday I can get off work because my colleague is on leave for 3 weeks so can’t cover my shift🙄

Don’t understand you have been at it for so long I send my forms 22 august was processed 15 September and received papers today 12 September for going to medical and now I could have gone next week but dr only do it on Tuesday and 10 October is the first Tuesday I can get off work because my colleague is on leave for 3 weeks so can’t cover my shift🙄
It's a lottery, you will hear that on here a lot. You seem to be lucky or unlucky, there's no middle ground. It is what it is. I can't change it unfortunately. Really chuffed for you though

Sent off my forms 17th Aug
On dvla system 1st sept and passed to medical team
Medical team send letter out to me 6th sept
I received them yesterday.
Called doc he couldn't see me until end of November. Called dvla asked for a different doctor, I'm booked in with them for 18th Oct. Going to try 2 more doctors from the dvla tomorrow to see if I can get an earlier date

My ban ends 28th Sept.

Sent off my forms 17th Aug
On dvla system 1st sept and passed to medical team
Medical team send letter out to me 6th sept
I received them yesterday.
Called doc he couldn't see me until end of November. Called dvla asked for a different doctor, I'm booked in with them for 18th Oct. Going to try 2 more doctors from the dvla tomorrow to see if I can get an earlier date

My ban ends 28th Sept.
My problem is, DVLA can't make their minds up which forms I should be filling in? Already they have asked for a D2 a D4 and now a D27?
Unless it was swansea, you wouldn't believe it. All of this takes time. And they say they won't action anything until they get the forms....no worries....just tell me which form ffs

My problem is, DVLA can't make their minds up which forms I should be filling in? Already they have asked for a D2 a D4 and now a D27?
Unless it was swansea, you wouldn't believe it. All of this takes time. And they say they won't action anything until they get the forms....no worries....just tell me which form ffs
That's ridiculous, are you having to pay each time you send a form in?

Is the d27 the form they're meant to send out when your ban is 90 days away from ending?

I was meant to be sent one but it never arrived so I sent a D1 form in instead.

That's ridiculous, are you having to pay each time you send a form in?

Is the d27 the form they're meant to send out when your ban is 90 days away from ending?

I was meant to be sent one but it never arrived so I sent a D1 form in instead.
Yes your correct, but I've already sent in the d2 and they accepted it and payment. So they won't be getting anything if I still have to send in the D27. I've also got a D4 for my own GP which I had to pay 100 for a medical. It's one big money making scam. Shameful

Yes your correct, but I've already sent in the d2 and they accepted it and payment. So they won't be getting anything if I still have to send in the D27. I've also got a D4 for my own GP which I had to pay 100 for a medical. It's one big money making scam. Shameful
Your GP should have invoiced them for the d27, however this happened to me,where DVLA refused to pay until they had my information,and my GP wouldn't release the information until they had payment!!
I paid myself as I deemed it worth it to not hold my license up any further,then I got a medical which was overbooked,so several phonecalls later managed to find another franchised doctor not too far away.
Cue the second medical (next Thursday) DVLA wrote to my GP,they wrote back without me knowing the content of the reply,prior to me being offered a medical,I had not been to see my GP in 18months,apart from asking for approval to drive on S88
In this case my surgery must have changed policy regarding DVLA and therefore cost me nothing..
I still had to change my medical due to their franchised doctor having no appointments...
With a bit of luck,and common sense I may get a longer license and my CDT should be the same.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off