DVLA PHONE CALL

Convicted Driver Insurance

topchippyles

Established Member
Ok phoned the dvla today about refusing my licence,Explained i have not been to the doctors in over 2 years so to say i was drink dependant by my doctor was just bloody daft. Anyway asked what was the best way to go about getting it resolved.

1) Advised me to put a letter in writing then photo it and email it to the dvla explaining my situation
2) Explained that i had under gone counselling a couple of years ago due to stress and the need to feel like drinking but no medication was ever given,Her reply was to get any medical evidence together and forward it to the dvla and would help my case and they would look at it again
3) Phoned my counselling service who i used and they told me i was signed off 18 months ago as no longer needing any help
4) popped in to the doctors and they gave me the exact date in writing when i was last seen by the GP

So now begins the process of proving i am not drink dependant by getting as much stuff/medical evidence together to support my case

Nice one but although the nice Secretary has given the best advice it's the medical examiner that will decide your case along with the other 50 he studies that day. Your GP will most definitely be prompted for further questioning in the form of an M2, they will be asking for your last drink and how often you drank which they now request 6yrs history , if there's any notion of dependency and u state your in control of drinking ie only a tipple on XXX night there's a good chance they will still revoke your licence as they clearly state you must have medical backed up evidence which must come from your GP & any mention of dependency is now abstinence for life!

Now that's the alarmist part past, let's say your catagorise d missuse or binge instead of regular and you explain your last drink was over 6 months ago (but you still no evidence) they might allow you a temperory 1 year licence but in all honesty it can still be a lottery and each medical examiner differs
Interesting to find out your results though?

Hi Craig 121 , have noticed a fair amount of input from you on here .
In your last post dated 3-Dec-19. . . . What are these Dependency Categories you speak of ?

DVLA labelled me recently as “ having a History of Alcohol Dependence “ when over the Xmas period I had a number of Drinks ( and walked Blindly into a blood test ! ) ( idiot !!! ), but prior to that I’d been just about Abstinent for 18 months , and prior to that , consuming 10 units only /week , for a year .

It certainly feels like the DVLA are making Examples of people , just to Highlight their own SELF IMPORTANCE ( keeping the roads Safe ) . . . Shite ! Why don't they mend some Potholes , or keep Drivers concentration on the road and Pedestrians , instead of on their Speedo ?

Hi Muckypup it took a whole tree worth of papper in order to get me category slightly dependant! Plus numerous phone calls
That was back in 2013 when the dvla used to have a set of balls and decided ones application
I still have the letter from dvla stating from my GP my fitness to drive but back then they didn't accept that reports, but now they are spineless and want your GP application/approval
Basically it's your GP that will get your licence back and it took another tree to get myself dropped down to slightly dependancy but that letter wasn't hand written it came from clinic where I walked into and asked for salenco
Yes hands up I was binge overdrinking back then but I was willing to change (I had 2 years clean LFT ) and had changed!! I was afraid of binging ? they have a duty of care but they certainly won't work with you.
Your history will cloud you for 6 yrs and absolutely any mention of dependancy in reports you must remain alcohol free or they will microscope your existence

Last edited:
“ your History will cloud you for 6 years , and absolutely any mention of Dependency in reports . You MUST remain Alcohol FREE , or they will Microscope your existence “

Thanks Craig ( hope I didn’t wake you with my Late-night Contribution )
The 6 year thing seems Plausable , and something to work Towards ( as might be launching a new Ship , on Her Maiden Voyage , by that time , and would Love to be able to TOAST Her “ Good Luck “ )

GOD SAVE THE TREES !

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off