DVLA Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Roynanz

Hiya Group

I had some mental health issues a few years ago and desperate for help from my GP I made out I had an alcohol and drug problem, I was also mis diagnosed with bipolar.

Fast forward quite a few years and I am on a medical licence and I was sent for a medical originally and had to do a urine sample. The following year they wrote to my doctor and then issued my licence without a medical exam.

This year they have asked me to go for a medical after writing to my doctor and have requested a CDT test and urine test, happy to do both as I drink rarely and don't take drugs but I'm really confused why I have to do these tests when there will be nothing in my doctors records to suggest I have taken drugs or have a drinking problem in the past two years, in fact my situation has improved in the fact I have stopped my anti depressants which I took for anxiety.

Does anyone have any ideas why I have to go for a medical this time when my situation is only improving?

Thank you

Hiya Group

I had some mental health issues a few years ago and desperate for help from my GP I made out I had an alcohol and drug problem, I was also mis diagnosed with bipolar.

Fast forward quite a few years and I am on a medical licence and I was sent for a medical originally and had to do a urine sample. The following year they wrote to my doctor and then issued my licence without a medical exam.

This year they have asked me to go for a medical after writing to my doctor and have requested a CDT test and urine test, happy to do both as I drink rarely and don't take drugs but I'm really confused why I have to do these tests when there will be nothing in my doctors records to suggest I have taken drugs or have a drinking problem in the past two years, in fact my situation has improved in the fact I have stopped my anti depressants which I took for anxiety.

Does anyone have any ideas why I have to go for a medical this time when my situation is only improving?

Thank you
Its not even worth asking why you have to have the medical done now. The DVLA have reviewed your case and decided they want you to undertake a medical to prove your fit to hold a driving licence and you have no other choice. Contact your GP and discuss with him/her so you have their support going forward.

Look on the bright side, it may be that they are doing a final full check before issuing you with a full 10 year licence.....

Its not even worth asking why you have to have the medical done now. The DVLA have reviewed your case and decided they want you to undertake a medical to prove your fit to hold a driving licence and you have no other choice. Contact your GP and discuss with him/her so you have their support going forward.
I will do thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off