DVLA Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Wait! What! you don't have any of these qualifications but you know Covid Vaccines don't work because you heard it where? QAnon! Well, then it must be true:
I don't need any quals in any medical field to know that the vaccine is still in development and that two friends warned me not to take it as one collapsed with a blood clot and the other is now suffering from nose bleeds both after taking the V. Also after seeing my mother murdered on the care pathway because the council wanted her house, I can't believe a single word this Govt utters. I've protected my assets, eat well and train regularly so I'll rely on my immune system to protect me. Cannabis has a bad rep because it'll cost big pharma billions. Lets put it this way if they found a cure for cancer they'd go bust. It's in their interests to never find a cure and sell all the drugs they manufacture and then more drugs to combat the side affects.
Wow! Didn't realise David Icke was on this forum.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keep taking the meds bud, seems like you need them. Guess your tin foil helmet isn't working too well?

Wow another space cadet that cannot read and invents his own version. Show me where I say I take meds you clown?
Your cannabis meds you donut!

Is it everyone else in the world that is wrong, or just you? You have already made your mind up that everyone is out to get you, all medical experts are wrong, the laws are wrong. There is a big conspiracy out there. Who is the crazy one here???

Just get on with your life as you see it. Keep taking the drugs, keep driving, don't take notice of a pandemic that has literally killed millions - I'm sure you will be OK (or *you might die/might kill someone else/drive off a bridge whilst off your tits *-Delete as applicable)

^^^^^^^^^^
I can't believe he wrote that then was raging and called you names and nasty. He also called out by saying that others hadn't read the posts yet he "forgot" or was trying to bodyswerve he wrote the bit about it enhancing driving.
Interesting how you quoted it back and then he disappeared.
He was absolutely raging and bealing.
Price was right to intervene.
I couldn't believe when I read the post that he was a good driver when stoned and the evidence was, wait for it, go karts.
^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

And it affected your reactions etc? unlucky you!
Aaah, deflection.
No apology then or even a statement to say that you were very clearly wrong in your presupposition?.

Wow another space cadet that cannot read and invents his own version. Show me where I say I take meds you clown?
Stop being a spanner and keep is civil, we get it you like weed and we don't. Youre a tinfoil hat anti vaxxer and we're not. Maybe this forum doesn't agree with your views!

Wait! What! you don't have any of these qualifications but you know Covid Vaccines don't work because you heard it where? QAnon! Well, then it must be true:
I don't need any quals in any medical field to know that the vaccine is still in development and that two friends warned me not to take it as one collapsed with a blood clot and the other is now suffering from nose bleeds both after taking the V. Also after seeing my mother murdered on the care pathway because the council wanted her house, I can't believe a single word this Govt utters. I've protected my assets, eat well and train regularly so I'll rely on my immune system to protect me. Cannabis has a bad rep because it'll cost big pharma billions. Lets put it this way if they found a cure for cancer they'd go bust. It's in their interests to never find a cure and sell all the drugs they manufacture and then more drugs to combat the side affects.
No you poor deluded fool. I am intelligent enough to know that there are scientists in the world much more intelligent than I am who spend their lives working in this field, so sorry, I am more inclined to believe them than your pal who is suffering from nosebleeds. I know of no one who has had an adverse reaction to the Vaccine, but I know of lots of people who have died from Covid 19.

Anyway, this isn't a Forum about the merits or otherwise of the vaccine, so you just keep on smoking the Waccy Baccy and reflect on the advice you have received next time you are banned for drug driving.

Hypocrite or full of s**t, which one are you?
Well, it does rhyme (kind of.)

But me? I'm a 30-month sober person who has learned his lesson(s), so I guess I'm neither. Perhaps re-born would be a better description.. Anyway, please get back in touch when the great re-set suddenly hits.

Ah, well. Perhaps you can tell us how much a GP get's paid for completing a DVLA medical inquiry.
Honestly I dont know

Ive never had to do them in cases of Drink or Drug driving. I have done forms for certain diseases that are notifiable to the DVLA, but ive never gotten payment. for me when the form appears, I fill it in and give it to the secretarys and they send it back. There is a fee I believe but I think a few years ago my hospital decided that the payment should go to the hospital. So ive no idea about it. It sounds a bit crass and arrogant but for me the money isnt worth chasing by the time it goes through the tax system etc etc, so I dont bother, id rather the form was done and sent back. - Ive always worked that way, but thats me.

I dont get many , maybe a few a year so for me I can just incorporate it into my admin time. I get 4 hrs a week to write all the letters to GPs and read everything they have sent to me. I also have to request tests that are needed following inpatient stays and other investigations and also look at and analyse and respond to the results of other tests I have requested. 4hrs a week isnt enough for me. and at the end of every week there is stuff waiting to be done. its never ending.
The other time of the week is divided into ward rounds, clinics, operations, cancer meetings and seeing the acutely unwell in A&E etc.

Ive never been a GP or worked in a GP practice so im not sure how they organise it all. i think it varies from practice to practice. The amount thats paid im sure some GPs see as not making it worth their time.......right or wrong im sure that this goes on.

I too had to get a consultant to fill in my paperwork. I dont know him personally but hes looked after me for a few years so he knows me. I also kept in regular contact with him and so when I knew the form was coming, i got in touch beforehand. I explained how important it was and he was able to turn it round within 48hrs. Im lucky , i know, but I would emphasise that good relationships with your own Drs are very important.

A big truth is that nobody appreciates how disruptive and frustrating and enraging the driving licence is until its taken away from us. I didnt before it happend to me and now here i am having had a medical in september and not drank for over two years, with completed paperwork still waiting. Its maddening.
We are never trained about things like this as Drs and most Drs have NO idea what its like....... they just dont. We may work with alcoholism and drug use with out patients but both things are not well managed or understood well by the general Dr in my opinon. Ive had my eyes opened by this procedure.

My suggestion to you and all would be to make an appt with your GP and say. I dont need medication I dont need you to lie i just need you to fill in the form and send it back. If its causing you distress tell them ! I bet the GPs holding on to forms really have no idea the negative impact they are having on their patients. They just dont know..

Honestly I dont know

Ive never had to do them in cases of Drink or Drug driving. I have done forms for certain diseases that are notifiable to the DVLA, but ive never gotten payment. for me when the form appears, I fill it in and give it to the secretarys and they send it back. There is a fee I believe but I think a few years ago my hospital decided that the payment should go to the hospital. So ive no idea about it. It sounds a bit crass and arrogant but for me the money isnt worth chasing by the time it goes through the tax system etc etc, so I dont bother, id rather the form was done and sent back. - Ive always worked that way, but thats me.

I dont get many , maybe a few a year so for me I can just incorporate it into my admin time. I get 4 hrs a week to write all the letters to GPs and read everything they have sent to me. I also have to request tests that are needed following inpatient stays and other investigations and also look at and analyse and respond to the results of other tests I have requested. 4hrs a week isnt enough for me. and at the end of every week there is stuff waiting to be done. its never ending.
The other time of the week is divided into ward rounds, clinics, operations, cancer meetings and seeing the acutely unwell in A&E etc.

Ive never been a GP or worked in a GP practice so im not sure how they organise it all. i think it varies from practice to practice. The amount thats paid im sure some GPs see as not making it worth their time.......right or wrong im sure that this goes on.

I too had to get a consultant to fill in my paperwork. I dont know him personally but hes looked after me for a few years so he knows me. I also kept in regular contact with him and so when I knew the form was coming, i got in touch beforehand. I explained how important it was and he was able to turn it round within 48hrs. Im lucky , i know, but I would emphasise that good relationships with your own Drs are very important.

A big truth is that nobody appreciates how disruptive and frustrating and enraging the driving licence is until its taken away from us. I didnt before it happend to me and now here i am having had a medical in september and not drank for over two years, with completed paperwork still waiting. Its maddening.
We are never trained about things like this as Drs and most Drs have NO idea what its like....... they just dont. We may work with alcoholism and drug use with out patients but both things are not well managed or understood well by the general Dr in my opinon. Ive had my eyes opened by this procedure.

My suggestion to you and all would be to make an appt with your GP and say. I dont need medication I dont need you to lie i just need you to fill in the form and send it back. If its causing you distress tell them ! I bet the GPs holding on to forms really have no idea the negative impact they are having on their patients. They just dont know..
Thanks for your considered reply.

I did ask if I could make an appointment to speak with my GP re the form but was told that they would not do that as these forms are not a core part of their job.

I have called and spoken to them at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks and all they keep saying is there are hundreds of these forms to complete and they only do them when they can.

Incredibly frustrating.

I reported his comments to the moderator.
I didn’t agree with his opinions but I did not report him for that, it was the abuse that went with it.
Yeah, for me it was the abuse.
Not the deranged stupidity overall of "knowing" more than all the experts on the planet, nor the deranged stupidity of his conspiracy beliefs. Neither was it his absolute "knowledge" and adamant beliefs that cannabis doesn't effect diving. Nor was it that his evidence was based on being stoned and driving go karts (😭😁😁😁🤔). Nor was it him accusing callumrayb of fabricating quotes and not replying when he was quoted it back. Neither was it when he accused me of never trying cannabis and not addressing it when I told him he was wrong.
It was his volatile, angry, childish abuse towards people. He must be an absolute nightmare in real life I think.
Good riddance I say.
Mr bullet has gotten the bullet.

Last edited:
Honestly I dont know

I don't know how you can possibly do what needs to be done in allocted 4 hours.
When was that figure authorised?
Is this standard to all hospital doctors?
Consultants too?
GPs?

I don't know how you can possibly do what needs to be done in allocted 4 hours.
When was that figure authorised?
Is this standard to all hospital doctors?
Consultants too?
GPs?
As a consultant , we work on something called programmed activities (PAs) . We do as standard ( for most people - some do less ) 10 PAs a week as standard , on call , teaching , management etc is additional . 5 days , two four hours sessions a day , Monday to Friday ergo 10PAs .

I get one that’s not direct clinical contact to do admin, mandatory training , professional development etc . If it doesn’t get done during your time you stay late and do it , but you don’t get overtime and we are not able to claim anything extra . We are deemed to be salaried professionals and it’s up to us to get the work done whatever .

there’s never enough hours in the day to do everything . So things always get left to a
Different day . And sadly as a DVLA form won’t directly impact in the short term a persons life … ( don’t shoot the messenger ). They will tend to be done after everything else . But you never get everything else done , so they wait

I’m not saying it’s right , but it’s what happens .

to us all right now waiting on paperwork or the dvla , this paperwork is a major major thing . But to a dr looking after ( 30 inpatients like me ) and responsible for countless others in outpatients, the DVLA isn’t high on our priority list . I can’t speak for GPs but in my hospital and trust I know now that fee payable work done on site ( I.e during working hours ) goes to the trust . As individuals we therefore don’t and can’t claim for it and so it doesn’t get prioritised or in some cases done.

If we do it privately then we can charge for it

I don’t do private work , NHS only and have done so since 2000 and I never have enough time to do everything during my working time . I spend hours every week early morning and late evenings just trying to catch up and I never get paid for it , but I’m trying to diagnose cancer and keep people alive , so I can’t just say sorry it’s five im done. You do what needs to be done

There’s the dilemma
We all want our paperwork done
But it’s just not a priority for the Drs filling it in

full disclosure , my consultant who filled in my paperwork , I’ve been seeing privately and that probably helped me get it done quickly . He’s a full time NHS consultant who also does private work occasionally. He refused to take payment to fill in the form as he knows how important it is to my MH to get back to normal life.

i can’t imagine most GPs being so accommodating.
So to anyone reading this , make friends with your GPs as best you can and if you can them to do it quicker by doing it privately , consider doing it if you can . Make sure your Dr knows your well and that your trying to do everything you can to stay well.

if abstinence is required , do it and make sure you can prove it .
If passing a cdt or urine is important , just stop drinkng and smoking .
If you do you’ll not have to convince anyone of anything as the tests won’t be an issue .
If you can’t stop , get help , you have a problem

good luck to all

And I should also add im talking about the paperwork that’s asked if a GP or consultant as additional information

the DVLA medical is a different beast . GPs only do it for extra money and most don’t want to . That’s why there’s always a wait . I had to wait about 7 weeks from my letter to the first available appt with the dvla appointed dr . I have no way to change that ….

Thanks for your considered reply.

I did ask if I could make an appointment to speak with my GP re the form but was told that they would not do that as these forms are not a core part of their job.

I have called and spoken to them at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks and all they keep saying is there are hundreds of these forms to complete and they only do them when they can.

Incredibly frustrating.
The form isn’t a core part of their job but you are . Is it causing you emotional distress . ?Is it affecting your mood ,? Or your mental health ?
honestly I hope your not suffering and it’s not affecting you in that way , but if it is …..

In that case the prescription would be for them to do it and so they need to be aware of the problem.

getting past a receptionist isn’t easy but you have a right to confidentiality and to talk to your GP. You don’t have to fully disclose why you need to se the Gp unless your talking to the GP

And I should also add im talking about the paperwork that’s asked if a GP or consultant as additional information

the DVLA medical is a different beast . GPs only do it for extra money and most don’t want to . That’s why there’s always a wait . I had to wait about 7 weeks from my letter to the first available appt with the dvla appointed dr . I have no way to change that ….
Firstly, thank you for taking the personal time to respond and I am aware that this must have taken some time to consider, type and to go into do much detail.
I had always gathered that there would be a considerable amount of time and eork taken up from your day and week doing additional though necessary duties, both administratively and management.
I also assumed that you would not be directly paid for this, that you would need to do these tasks in your own time and probably home and that you would simply be exoected to fit these duties in as being part of your professional duties and salary.
I worked in local authority frontline childcare social work and this was the same with us though we were lucky to be paid flexo time or sometimes overtime though we rarely claimed either. It was just one of the things you did to get the job done do to speak.
I get on very well with my GP, he's a lovely guy and and goes out of his way to help.
I couldn't speak more highly of him.
I do so hope your case progresses quickly and is resolved soon and that you are not spending so much on taxis and are able to help your family with shopping etc as I recall from our previous conversations or posts you have made here.
Can I ask you something please?
Something i've wanted to know for a long time.
Is part of the agreement that once you have qualified as a doctor that you are contracted to the NHS or government for a certain time period if they pay fir your studies/placement/fees etc?
I understand that it is classed as a vocation but it frankly amazes me that more doctors or consultants do not leave and go into private work or abroad where the pay, conditions, quality if life or even the climate would be better.
I suppose its about people being committed to the NHS in principle and their sense of community perhaps, public service and giving something back.A sense of care and duty.
Regards
NileR

Last edited:
It's my understanding that so called junior doctors have to continue varied functional roles ie A & E, pediatrics GP, etc for a period of time before being considered fully qualified. So five years of study and then, I believe three or four further years, to be fully "qualified". Wow. Hat tip to all.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off