dvla medical worries

Convicted Driver Insurance

completefool

Hi everyone, hope everyone's good

Basically guys, I was banned from driving in July 2011 for failure to provide, and was handed a 2 year ban. I did a DD course which means I'm due to get my licence back (subject to the medical) in January.

To be totally honest, I'm absolutely ****ting my pants that I'l fail. At the time I was banned I was going through a real tough time, I had lost my job, my girlfriend had left me and a close relative who I thought the world of and had brought me up from being young passed away :( Anyway after I was banned I referred myself to my GP and I started an alcohol recovery programme.

I then gave myself a kick up the arse, and got healthier, joined a gym, quit smoking, and packed in drinking. And as I write this post I've not touched a drop for 12 months exactly. My life feels a lot better alcohol free. :)

So guys, I've got the medical booked for the 10th of December, If you was a gambling man what do you reckon my chances are? I'm dead scared that I'l fail still, but in any event I've learned my lesson and I'm never going to go down this road again EVER!

I'd love to here anyones take or anyone who can provide similar experiences

Best Wishes everyone.

Hi everyone, hope everyone's good

Basically guys, I was banned from driving in July 2011 for failure to provide, and was handed a 2 year ban. I did a DD course which means I'm due to get my licence back (subject to the medical) in January.

To be totally honest, I'm absolutely ****ting my pants that I'l fail. At the time I was banned I was going through a real tough time, I had lost my job, my girlfriend had left me and a close relative who I thought the world of and had brought me up from being young passed away :( Anyway after I was banned I referred myself to my GP and I started an alcohol recovery programme.

I then gave myself a kick up the arse, and got healthier, joined a gym, quit smoking, and packed in drinking. And as I write this post I've not touched a drop for 12 months exactly. My life feels a lot better alcohol free. :)

So guys, I've got the medical booked for the 10th of December, If you was a gambling man what do you reckon my chances are? I'm dead scared that I'l fail still, but in any event I've learned my lesson and I'm never going to go down this road again EVER!

I'd love to here anyones take or anyone who can provide similar experiences

Best Wishes everyone.

If you are not dependent on alcohol, you do not misuse alcohol and you have not drank alcohol for the past 12 months then there should be no reason to unduly worry about failing the DVLA medical. You can find out more information on the medical here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off