DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
The guy I spoke to on the phone told me I have my letter on its way and I cheered and thanked him and was super happy hahaha. Put phone down and got a call back immediately from him saying 'I don't know if we got our wires crossed but I didn't say you have your licence back... Just a medical letter on its way' I replied 'oh I know, I'm just so happy the next step has happened!' he said he never gets anyone happy for a medical so thought I misunderstood him for having my licence back hahaha

He said that everyone going through this should ALWAYS speak their case as they could genuinely help and get you to priority (if the bosses higher accept it). I told him I hadn't said my problems before now as I thought we're all in the same boat and I thought I wouldn't be heard. He said they're all human too (lol) and doing what they can to help. For me, that's true. So far, I'm happy with them!
Hi wow bit confused with your time line and the stage your at,, so you have your license on the way,,,,

Hi wow bit confused with your time line and the stage your at,, so you have your license on the way,,,,
Apologiess, no.
I applied for licence 16th May. Medical letter on way as we speak after telling them about my problems with having a disabled child so they have now prioritised my case. I still have to do my medical and maybe go contacted ect but just ncie to know DVLA listened to me and having helped where they could

Apologiess, no.
I applied for licence 16th May. Medical letter on way as we speak after telling them about my problems with having a disabled child so they have now prioritised my case. I still have to do my medical and maybe go contacted ect but just ncie to know DVLA listened to me and having helped where they could
Yes great,, I sent off application 1st Nov 21 been so calm with them and excepting the backlog waits etc then yesterday totally had enough ranted and explained my situation,, so basically challenging them on this and I do feel something maybe something was done as the call handler was very understanding and helpful so if nothing I do feel a little more at ease now,,, we have each other at least so do keep in contact 🤗

what number are you using to get through. i struggle every time
0300 790 6806 for medical department if that's what you need.

You can either select option 1 to go through to medical department (then select option 2 I think after that) and if that says 'we're sorry we're too busy to take you call', then hang up, try again and let it go through its options 3 times and not press anything. You'll get put through to the department automatically but may have a slightly longer wait. Hope that helps

Hi all
Sent a DR 1 form back last Wednesday at 16.09 registered post been looking several times a day to see if they had recieved form nothing. Been to post office this morning she tried nothing they have not tried to deliver because most of the DVLA are working from home again very frustrating for all as this is my second time trying to get my licence back on Friday it is 14 months since my ban was up.
Totally get it, I applied for my license in January and all I've had is a form to fill in months ago, sent that back and heard nothing, it's a nightmare seeing others apply after you and get their license before you. The dvla are a disgrace but keep the faith it will sort itself out eventually 🙏

Totally get it, I applied for my license in January and all I've had is a form to fill in months ago, sent that back and heard nothing, it's a nightmare seeing others apply after you and get their license before you. The dvla are a disgrace but keep the faith it will sort itself out eventually 🙏
Don't understand people getting through real quick,, check out my time scale,, think I'm one of the worst 🤣😭🤠

Everyone there is light at the end of the tunnel......My ban was up the 31st December 2021...re-applied for my licence just a few days before, didn't get my Medical until May the following year :-( I was literally pulling my hair out!...I got my results through post exactly three weeks later with a Full license a FULL 10 YEARS! I've been driving two weeks today and its been AMAZING! I do have a little black box in my car but so bloody what! Hang on in there! xxx I scored 0.09 on my CDT test after 16 days of not drinking xxx

Everyone there is light at the end of the tunnel......My ban was up the 31st December 2021...re-applied for my licence just a few days before, didn't get my Medical until May the following year :-( I was literally pulling my hair out!...I got my results through post exactly three weeks later with a Full license a FULL 10 YEARS! I've been driving two weeks today and its been AMAZING! I do have a little black box in my car but so bloody what! Hang on in there! xxx I scored 0.09 on my CDT test after 16 days of not drinking xxx
What was your drinking habits prior to the 16 days of abstinence from alcohol if you don’t mind me asking? And most importantly congrats 😊

Hi guys,,, cannot believe it,, checked on line full licence issued,,, must have been me ranting down the phone at them on Tues,,, am absolutely buzzing, just in time for school holidays.. Only took 8 and half months 🙉🤪

Here is my timeline which hopefully gives others an idea and maybe some hope;

My ban ended 1st june.

- DVLA sent me application 2.5 months before ban ended mid March; I sent straight back.
- 2 months later in mid May they told me which doctor to go to for the medical.
- Medical was done 18th June.
- My license was issued 8th July, just under 3 weeks after medical!

I found out as I was checking the Gov.uk website every day. I phoned the DVLA on the 8th July to check I could actually drive and they said yes all sorted.

I don't know my CDT reading yet but will update when I get the documents in the post

Last edited:
Hi guys,,, cannot believe it,, checked on line full licence issued,,, must have been me ranting down the phone at them on Tues,,, am absolutely buzzing, just in time for school holidays.. Only took 8 and half months 🙉🤪
Malinaaaa that's incredible! I bet you're absolutely over the moon! Congrats m'dear xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off