DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
So had some crappy news, the DVLA want more information from my doctor, been told it could take another 90 days! Has anyone gone through this?
Yes. It’s frequent. It’s routine. Apart from additional delay it’s nothing to worry about . Progress chase DVLA. Give Dr heads up and make sure they know your current situation.

So had some crappy news, the DVLA want more information from my doctor, been told it could take another 90 days! Has anyone gone through this?
Hi yolo that's such gutting news,, yes I had my medical 31st march 6weeks later they wrote to gp, I answered yes to mental health no to everything else, 5months no alcohol before medical. I was in touch with my gp and had a face to face appointment with her to go through the form,, she sent it back straight away,, it was scanned with dvla 7th June now still waiting for the bastad snails to pick it up and process it, so nearly a month they've had it,,, I'm literally tearing my hair out as I have notes from 7yrs ago not knowing what their decision will be.... If you haven't already get in touch with your gp and tell them to expect a form and try to encourage them to send it back ASAP as I think they have like a couple of months before they have to send it back,, do you have anything worrying on your notes,, find out and discuss it with gp to make sure they answer form correctly, goodluck keep us posted..

It just begs to differ why some people are waiting longer than others. There has to be something of the likes for this to be happening
I sent my 2nd application which was received on the 20th Feb.. rang 3 Times to make sure they really had it.. they had... received a letter on Fri 1st July to say they are writing to my doctor for more information .. still waiting...

Absolutely gobsmacked and delighted today...

I had my medical 8 days ago, I've just checked online and as of tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of a Full 10 Year Driving License.

What's shocked me most is how perfectly the timing has worked out.

My 33 month ban expires TODAY so I won't have to suffer the dreaded extension caused by the backlogs of the DVLA.

I was expecting weeks if not months to be bolted onto the end of a ban that's already felt like forever.

Thank you so much to all the help and support from everyone on this fantastic forum.

Although I've now got my licence back I intend to remain an active participant of this group to help others like so many have helped me.

It's been a marathon undertaking all this waiting and worrying, but like any undertaking - it's worth it in the end.

Best of luck to everyone
Congratulations 🎊. .. 10 year one too. Looking forward to that day

So just a little update from me. My medical letter was sent out today which I'm super happy about! A couple of days ago I called and explained that I have a disabled child who we don't know if needs to go to a special needs school or not but if she does, it's a drive and not walk away. The woman on the phone 2 days ago told me she'd see what she can do. Called today and was told I've been accepted as a priority case and letter is on its way! Fingers crossed things run quickly for me now... I'll keep you all updated!

So just a little update from me. My medical letter was sent out today which I'm super happy about! A couple of days ago I called and explained that I have a disabled child who we don't know if needs to go to a special needs school or not but if she does, it's a drive and not walk away. The woman on the phone 2 days ago told me she'd see what she can do. Called today and was told I've been accepted as a priority case and letter is on its way! Fingers crossed things run quickly for me now... I'll keep you all updated!
Fabulous let's hope they stick to their words 🤩

Fabulous let's hope they stick to their words 🤩
The guy I spoke to on the phone told me I have my letter on its way and I cheered and thanked him and was super happy hahaha. Put phone down and got a call back immediately from him saying 'I don't know if we got our wires crossed but I didn't say you have your licence back... Just a medical letter on its way' I replied 'oh I know, I'm just so happy the next step has happened!' he said he never gets anyone happy for a medical so thought I misunderstood him for having my licence back hahaha

He said that everyone going through this should ALWAYS speak their case as they could genuinely help and get you to priority (if the bosses higher accept it). I told him I hadn't said my problems before now as I thought we're all in the same boat and I thought I wouldn't be heard. He said they're all human too (lol) and doing what they can to help. For me, that's true. So far, I'm happy with them!

Hi all
Sent a DR 1 form back last Wednesday at 16.09 registered post been looking several times a day to see if they had recieved form nothing. Been to post office this morning she tried nothing they have not tried to deliver because most of the DVLA are working from home again very frustrating for all as this is my second time trying to get my licence back on Friday it is 14 months since my ban was up.

The guy I spoke to on the phone told me I have my letter on its way and I cheered and thanked him and was super happy hahaha. Put phone down and got a call back immediately from him saying 'I don't know if we got our wires crossed but I didn't say you have your licence back... Just a medical letter on its way' I replied 'oh I know, I'm just so happy the next step has happened!' he said he never gets anyone happy for a medical so thought I misunderstood him for having my licence back hahaha

He said that everyone going through this should ALWAYS speak their case as they could genuinely help and get you to priority (if the bosses higher accept it). I told him I hadn't said my problems before now as I thought we're all in the same boat and I thought I wouldn't be heard. He said they're all human too (lol) and doing what they can to help. For me, that's true. So far, I'm happy with them!
Hi wow bit confused with your time line and the stage your at,, so you have your license on the way,,,,

Hi wow bit confused with your time line and the stage your at,, so you have your license on the way,,,,
Apologiess, no.
I applied for licence 16th May. Medical letter on way as we speak after telling them about my problems with having a disabled child so they have now prioritised my case. I still have to do my medical and maybe go contacted ect but just ncie to know DVLA listened to me and having helped where they could

Apologiess, no.
I applied for licence 16th May. Medical letter on way as we speak after telling them about my problems with having a disabled child so they have now prioritised my case. I still have to do my medical and maybe go contacted ect but just ncie to know DVLA listened to me and having helped where they could
Yes great,, I sent off application 1st Nov 21 been so calm with them and excepting the backlog waits etc then yesterday totally had enough ranted and explained my situation,, so basically challenging them on this and I do feel something maybe something was done as the call handler was very understanding and helpful so if nothing I do feel a little more at ease now,,, we have each other at least so do keep in contact 🤗

just called dvla all data been uploaded this morning she said its gone upstairs for their doctors to look at it all and its a priority

what number are you using to get through. i struggle every time
0300 790 6806 for medical department if that's what you need.

You can either select option 1 to go through to medical department (then select option 2 I think after that) and if that says 'we're sorry we're too busy to take you call', then hang up, try again and let it go through its options 3 times and not press anything. You'll get put through to the department automatically but may have a slightly longer wait. Hope that helps

Hi all
Sent a DR 1 form back last Wednesday at 16.09 registered post been looking several times a day to see if they had recieved form nothing. Been to post office this morning she tried nothing they have not tried to deliver because most of the DVLA are working from home again very frustrating for all as this is my second time trying to get my licence back on Friday it is 14 months since my ban was up.
Totally get it, I applied for my license in January and all I've had is a form to fill in months ago, sent that back and heard nothing, it's a nightmare seeing others apply after you and get their license before you. The dvla are a disgrace but keep the faith it will sort itself out eventually 🙏

Totally get it, I applied for my license in January and all I've had is a form to fill in months ago, sent that back and heard nothing, it's a nightmare seeing others apply after you and get their license before you. The dvla are a disgrace but keep the faith it will sort itself out eventually 🙏
Don't understand people getting through real quick,, check out my time scale,, think I'm one of the worst 🤣😭🤠

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off