DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
As of today it's been 98 days since my medical, just over 14 weeks, still waiting for the results of my urine sample, complained 2 weeks ago with no response, got my MP involved 2 months ago with no response yet. I'm starting to think I'll never get my license back.
Just depressing this is... I am currently 5 weeks in since medical (also urine test). Its taken me 14 months of back and forths and waiting to be sent for a medical just to get to this point. I was told over the phone about a 3 month backlog for urine test results back in august. Sounds like its getting worse!? If that's even possible? Hope you hear something soon.

I got banned for 12 months and had to do a cdt blood test and I’m assuming I’ve passed as dvla has updating my licence on there website to a full driving licence. and it says valid from the 20/10/2021 but I still haven’t received my actually licence yet so am I still okay to drive?

I got banned for 12 months and had to do a cdt blood test and I’m assuming I’ve passed as dvla has updating my licence on there website to a full driving licence. and it says valid from the 20/10/2021 but I still haven’t received my actually licence yet so am I still okay to drive?
So long as the DVLA website shows it has been issued with effect from 20th, you are good to use it, before it is received.

When did you have your cdt. How long was it till you saw online they had issued tou with your driving licence. Had my CDT test 10 days ago so just sat here checking online everyday lol

When did you have your cdt. How long was it till you saw online they had issued tou with your driving licence. Had my CDT test 10 days ago so just sat here checking online everyday lol
if the CDT is sent to the lab on the day it was taken it will take the lab at least 48 hrs to turn it around once received ( that's a key point once the lab, usually synlab, receive it. The result should then be available within a day or so for the DVLA.

From what I can see the CDT result being "actioned" by DVLA is the issue for us all. Mine was taken 4 weeks ago tomorrow. Ive not drank for 20 months so its negative. I had one for my professional body which was processed also by the same lab earlier in the week and I know that result.

My delay will be because I had depression when I DD and I expect them to write to my GP. Despite me providing copies of all my 5 CDTs by the same lab ive had done since January 2020.

Anyone got any advice on the length of time it took between the GP sending off their questionnaire to receiving your license?
Losing my mind with this lengthy process.

Anyone got any advice on the length of time it took between the GP sending off their questionnaire to receiving your license?
Losing my mind with this lengthy process.

For my renewal this year it was just short of 3 months from GP returning questionnaire until my licence was issued. May to mid August.

For my renewal this year it was just short of 3 months from GP returning questionnaire until my licence was issued. May to mid August.
Jesus! That’s slack.
this is my first time going through the process, I’m really hoping it isn’t that slow. I had my medical 14 weeks ago and still don’t have my license, I’m on week 24 of the whole process.

Jesus! That’s slack.
this is my first time going through the process, I’m really hoping it isn’t that slow. I had my medical 14 weeks ago and still don’t have my license, I’m on week 24 of the whole process.
The medical dept have had my GP report since August 10th - exactly 11 weeks this coming Tuesday.
They've had my whole application since March 10th.

The medical dept have had my GP report since August 10th - exactly 11 weeks this coming Tuesday.
They've had my whole application since March 10th.
Not the news I was hoping to hear. But thank you. The idea that from start to finish this could take 33 weeks is insane.

Not the news I was hoping to hear. But thank you. The idea that from start to finish this could take 33 weeks is insane.
Hi, yeah I know, sorry. You did ask about advising of their experience 😭. My GP also took exactly 11 weeks to complete the form which hasn't helped.
I've still do not know whether I will need to attend a medical or not, at least you had yours ages ago.
They told me on May 21st by letter that they were writing to my GP before they considered whether to issue my licence. I was hoping this meant that I would therefore not need to attend a medical but if I do then it will be months again, probably spring before it's issued.
Nightmare.

Hi, yeah I know, sorry. You did ask about advising of their experience 😭. My GP also took exactly 11 weeks to complete the form which hasn't helped.
I've still do not know whether I will need to attend a medical or not, at least you had yours ages ago.
They told me on May 21st by letter that they were writing to my GP before they considered whether to issue my licence. I was hoping this meant that I would therefore not need to attend a medical but if I do then it will be months again, probably spring before it's issued.
Nightmare.
What an absolute nightmare! The DVLA need to be held more accountable. I really hope that you don’t need to do a medical.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to respond too a complaint? I have been waiting 18 days. It says a maximum of 10 days, so that's also way off deadline.. honestly the DVLA are so slow, incompetent, and unprofessional.. they need abolishing or reforming.

What an absolute nightmare! The DVLA need to be held more accountable. I really hope that you don’t need to do a medical.
Thanks, so do I!
The weekly DVLA updates were updated on Tuesday this week and shows they were working on applications from the 09th August.

This should mean that they are looking at 09th onwards until perhaps 16th or so and this should be updated again this coming Tuesday. As I said, they've had mine since 10th so hopefully hear soonish.
The thing is that this is for licence /new photocards and there are no specific updates directly for the medical department. I also had to apply for a new photocard and did so on March 10th so I'm hoping that somehow (and I don't know how) this will trigger the photocard /licence department to communicate with the medical department.
It probably won't though as I would imagine they wait for word from the medical department before issuing.
As I said, the update checker does not show medical department dates, only licence etc.
Convoluted or what?
Sorry to go on but that's my bit.
Just hope no medical and issued next week or so.
😭🙏

My cdt was the 30th of September and it got issued yesterday
My medical was also 30th September and I'm still waiting. Looks like you got incredibly lucky. Just checked and still nothing. Do you know what your CDT was? Did you say anything about attending your GP?

Cheers

My medical was also 30th September and I'm still waiting. Looks like you got incredibly lucky. Just checked and still nothing. Do you know what your CDT was? Did you say anything about attending your GP?

Cheers
It's been less than 30 days since your medical, have a bit more patience! I've been waiting 14 weeks lol

I hope no-one minds if I touch base here.

My current 12 month driving licence expires on the 21st January 2022. I will have to do a second HRO medical with a view to getting my next driving licence.

I am sending off my D1 on Monday (25th), so it just sits under the 90 day application period.

Does anyone know what type of time scale I am looking at to do my next medical?

Realistically, I should be doing my second medical before the end of this year, but I have a sneaking feeling I could be waiting until the Spring of 2022 before I am summonsed to see the DVLA doctor.

Anyone got any ideas about how long the wait time current stands at?

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off