DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
9 weeks, I've heard nothing at all
For those who have not heard anything after the medical : have you managed to contact the DVLA to check they acknowledge receipt if blood results and Dr report ? I ask this because 6 weeks after my medical DVLA were saying they’d not received info through . I then followed this up. Had I not contacted them to query what was happening I’d still be sat there now . I’m still sat here of course 😂, but the process has moved on a bit .

For those who have not heard anything after the medical : have you managed to contact the DVLA to check they acknowledge receipt if blood results and Dr report ? I ask this because 6 weeks after my medical DVLA were saying they’d not received info through . I then followed this up. Had I not contacted them to query what was happening I’d still be sat there now . I’m still sat here of course 😂, but the process has moved on a bit .
I have yet to contact them. I'll try ringing in the morning. I'm expecting to be on hold for quite a while

Have you spoken to DVLA?
Yes I had a phone call from them a few weeks ago as I emailed the medical team and they phoned me back. They said 6 week backlog which was very close to then. I'll have to try again tomorrow on day off. Was just hoping to get in touch with a dvla doctor really in the mean time to get an appointment ready but said no. Critical worker on my notes so hopefully will speed it up but looking at this thread not hopeful anytime soon, but before September would be nice.

Yes I had a phone call from them a few weeks ago as I emailed the medical team and they phoned me back. They said 6 week backlog which was very close to then. I'll have to try again tomorrow on day off. Was just hoping to get in touch with a dvla doctor really in the mean time to get an appointment ready but said no. Critical worker on my notes so hopefully will speed it up but looking at this thread not hopeful anytime soon, but before September would be nice.
It must be a 6 week delay generally as someone has reported they received their licence 6 weeks following their medical. My medical is Monday I’m so anxious !

For those who have not heard anything after the medical : have you managed to contact the DVLA to check they acknowledge receipt if blood results and Dr report ? I ask this because 6 weeks after my medical DVLA were saying they’d not received info through . I then followed this up. Had I not contacted them to query what was happening I’d still be sat there now . I’m still sat here of course 😂, but the process has moved on a bit

You must know something I don't because whenever I ring the dvla I just get an automated message telling me to get stuffed. So I just wait.

You must know something I don't because whenever I ring the dvla I just get an automated message telling me to get stuffed. So I just wait.
I honestly don’t. I sometimes get that but just keep repeating call . Anyway it’s only a suggestion. It is very frustrating

I hope you don’t have to wait too much longer, but I’m in my eighth week (since my medical) and haven’t received anything yet.
Thank you. You too.
The inconsistencies of the DVLA are unreal. Some get their licence back after around 6 weeks, others are waiting 3 or 4 months, longer in quite a few cases

What with the wrong date of birth? What's the point in that?
At least you would have a proof of ID and that you are entitled to drive, coupled with a copy of the letter from DVLA should satisfy a police officer if you are stopped. Your photo is on the licence so it is clear that a mistake has been made by DVLA. (And on a quick check they may not even notice the date of birth mistake…..)

Reading about DVLA delays re Medicals and reports. I found and shared the above link about a chap whom had a seizure, unrelated to HRO experiences but still relevant and to date still doesn't have a licence. To be honest you wonder whether one will receive their licence back this side of Christmas?

Reading about DVLA delays re Medicals and reports. I found and shared the above link about a chap whom had a seizure, unrelated to HRO experiences but still relevant and to date still doesn't have a licence. To be honest you wonder whether one will receive their licence back this side of Christmas?
I'm not holding much hope either,as now waiting for medical letter so probably be another 10weeks at least. I'll keep a diary as will probably be interesting for others to see the guide, in the future. I'm a key worker but would be a nice Xmas present to get it back by then!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off