DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Awwh no I completely understand the frustration..

I'm just going to try and keep that positive mindset going.

It could've been so much worse the whole ordeal. I'm grateful for alot of things to be honest 🙏🙌😌

Grateful I am even able to get my licence back. Some countries have a zero tolerance policy and bans are alot worse and longer..

What will be will be, I will be able to drive soon either way. ☺

Very happy to be here haha 😄
Too right girl !!! 👍😜

Very frustrating. I had my medical more or less same time (26/4). Heard nothing for 4 weeks. Fortunately after hundreds of attempts, got through to be told they’d not received questionnaire from Dr ( which had been sent , and was resent) .
Finally got letter last week to say they’d written to my GP. So what I’m saying is that 7 weeks not hearing is not unusual. I hope you get through.

I’m not sure how helpful or accurate the medical examiners comment was re you being at the back of the queue behind key workers . First time I’ve heard that and the DVLA seem too chaotic to differentiate.

I’m sure that as drink driving occurs across all sectors , some of the thousands in our situation will be key workers and I can imagine they’re as frustrated and stressed as everyone else.

Hope you hear soon . Please update if you get through on phone 🤞
Well I have not got a clue what my results were but a licence arrived in the post on Saturday. But I will be back on the phone to them Monday as my licence has the wrong date of birth on it.
Ycnmiu.

Well I have not got a clue what my results were but a licence arrived in the post on Saturday. But I will be back on the phone to them Monday as my licence has the wrong date of birth on it.
Ycnmiu.
When did you apply, hear back, have your medical etc?

Applied Feb 2020. Medical end of April 21. Licence through door 7 & 1/2 weeks later. No other correspondence.
Hey am in a similar situation time frame wise, I reapplied in April 2020 after a dispute between DVLA and my GP about a payment issue my case proceeded in December 2020 then I got a letter in January/early Feb to go for a medical which I completed on 21 April 2021 however since that day DVLA are claiming they have not received my lab results back, last Saturday I spoke to a manager to complain and was advised in addition to the lab result outcome I also needed to complete a D1 form again as mine had expired because its been over 12 months since my initial request, did you have to complete a D1 form again?

Hey am in a similar situation time frame wise, I reapplied in April 2020 after a dispute between DVLA and my GP about a payment issue my case proceeded in December 2020 then I got a letter in January/early Feb to go for a medical which I completed on 21 April 2021 however since that day DVLA are claiming they have not received my lab results back, last Saturday I spoke to a manager to complain and was advised in addition to the lab result outcome I also needed to complete a D1 form again as mine had expired because its been over 12 months since my initial request, did you have to complete a D1 form again?
Nothing was mentioned about that. I have had to send my licence back as the wrong D.O.B was on it. I rang up and asked what was to stop me using it and they said nothing as it shows me and my address. But advised me it would be best to send it back to them. So another £6.80 paid for a special delivery back to Swansea.

Nothing was mentioned about that. I have had to send my licence back as the wrong D.O.B was on it. I rang up and asked what was to stop me using it and they said nothing as it shows me and my address. But advised me it would be best to send it back to them. So another £6.80 paid for a special delivery back to Swansea.
God knows when I will get it back again.

Can anyone tell what is the timeframe on getting the medical appointment? I’ve sent mine off 9months ago and I still haven’t got my appointment

Can anyone tell what is the timeframe on getting the medical appointment? I’ve sent mine off 9months ago and I still haven’t got my appointment
I sent mine away in Jan 2021 I had emailed and I raised a stage 1 complaint. I managed to get through to someone on the phone on Thursday at 650pm. I received my letter to book medical yesterday I have an appointment on Wednesday. Keep on at them.

I sent mine away in Jan 2021 I had emailed and I raised a stage 1 complaint. I managed to get through to someone on the phone on Thursday at 650pm. I received my letter to book medical yesterday I have an appointment on Wednesday. Keep on at them.
I rang them and they have received all the things they need , then I rang again and asked them to email and ask a time frame 10fays later they emailed me back and said they can’t give me a timescale, after waiting 9months I think it’s far too long, who did u send the email to ? They won’t give me any contact details for the hro department,

I rang them and they have received all the things they need , then I rang again and asked them to email and ask a time frame 10fays later they emailed me back and said they can’t give me a timescale, after waiting 9months I think it’s far too long, who did u send the email to ? They won’t give me any contact details for the hro department,
My last email was lee.jones@dvla.gov.uk . I agree 9 months is too long. Have you raised a stage 1 complaint?

No I’m going to do it on Monday tho , I’m Northern Ireland so will the email be the same for me?

No @Paulo1 , we don’t deal with the DVLA. They only issue our licences. We deal with DVA NI in Coleraine, they are a separate organisation with separate emails. Anything you send to the DVLA will be disregarded.

You need to email, dva@infrastructure-ni.gov.uk with the subject line - FAO Medical Section Manager. In the opening of the email provide your Driver Number, full name, date of birth and address.

No @Paulo1 , we don’t deal with the DVLA. They only issue our licences. We deal with DVA NI in Coleraine, they are a separate organisation with separate emails. Anything you send to the DVLA will be disregarded.

You need to email, dva@infrastructure-ni.gov.uk with the subject line - FAO Medical Section Manager. In the opening of the email provide your Driver Number, full name, date of birth and address.
Thank you

Will I make the complaint to this email or do u think they will know let me know what the hold up is

Will I make the complaint to this email or do u think they will know let me know what the hold up is

That email and a message for the attention of the medical section manager should get you an update on your case within 7 days.

For complaints follow the process laid out here, it’s the same 3 step complaints process as the rest of the UK but with different contact details to focus on NI. - https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/complain-or-claim-compensation-dva

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off