DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Has anyone managed to contact the medical team, if so how have they contacted them.
Thanks
Before their industrial action I somehow managed to speak to two people. This involved a whole day trying . I have also written. The letter will be in a massive pile but at some point may prompt a response . I believe there is an email address too.

Hi,

Im coming close to my 90 days and as a HRO I'm able to reapply for my license in the next couple of weeks..

I'm wondering if the DVLA sends you out the forms that you need or am I to collect them from post office?

Thanks all ☺

Hi,

Im coming close to my 90 days and as a HRO I'm able to reapply for my license in the next couple of weeks..

I'm wondering if the DVLA sends you out the forms that you need or am I to collect them from post office?

Thanks all ☺
They didn't send me one.
I picked up a D1 form from the post office and sent that off

Hi,

Thanks all ☺
Mine form came 5 days after the 90 days started so I'd say go down the post office and you need to send a cheque or postal order. I cant understand why you cant do it online like all the other types of licence. Make sure you have a passport size photo.

Thank you, I will do, judging by some of the messages on this thread I guess some people have had a rough time.

Just want to get on with it as soon as possible you know? I feel like I need those 5 days haha.. 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️

How was your experiences?

Thank you, I will do, judging by some of the messages on this thread I guess some people have had a rough time.

Just want to get on with it as soon as possible you know? I feel like I need those 5 days haha.. 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️

How was your experiences?
Dreadful!! ( well you did ask ) 😂😂😂😂. My experience of the DVLA is that they are inefficient, move at less than a snails pace , are inconsistent, snd of course now are in the middle of what they say is prolonged industrial action . This forum is great as there are some very knowledgeable contributors and it’s good to share notes . The best thing is , as isn’t case, we’re at the right end of the process and notwithstanding all of my grumbles I feel much better than I did at the arrest point . 😃

Dreadful!! ( well you did ask ) 😂😂😂😂. My experience of the DVLA is that they are inefficient, move at less than a snails pace , are inconsistent, snd of course now are in the middle of what they say is prolonged industrial action . This forum is great as there are some very knowledgeable contributors and it’s good to share notes . The best thing is , as isn’t case, we’re at the right end of the process and notwithstanding all of my grumbles I feel much better than I did at the arrest point . 😃

I understand completely. I expect most of us have paid for the course to reduce the ban too. Which is unfair on their part. They should uphold their end of things for sure 😔

However I am delighted to be nearing the end of this. And I am also feeling alot better than I did at arrest point 😅😅 those were some dark days. Glad to have struggled through as has everyone and to finally reach this side of a bad situation 💖🙌

I will get my warrior face on and be prepared to ring and chase up. Basically do the work for them. I am very happy to be here. I will let ya know how I get on 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️🥳

I understand completely. I expect most of us have paid for the course to reduce the ban too. Which is unfair on their part. They should uphold their end of things for sure 😔

However I am delighted to be nearing the end of this. And I am also feeling alot better than I did at arrest point 😅😅 those were some dark days. Glad to have struggled through as has everyone and to finally reach this side of a bad situation 💖🙌

I will get my warrior face on and be prepared to ring and chase up. Basically do the work for them. I am very happy to be here. I will let ya know how I get on 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️🥳
I pad for the course. 23 month ban reduced to 15 months. Happy days......oh wait, my ban after the reduction expired on 16th March 😂.
I had my medical 3 weeks ago, so hopefully I'll hear something in the next year or so 🙄

I pad for the course. 23 month ban reduced to 15 months. Happy days......oh wait, my ban after the reduction expired on 16th March 😂.
I had my medical 3 weeks ago, so hopefully I'll hear something in the next year or so 🙄
That's absolutely awful 😭😭 I hope you get it all sorted soon..

Better be prepared to wait I guess..

That's not fair at all 😞 they should refund you really

That's absolutely awful 😭😭 I hope you get it all sorted soon..

Better be prepared to wait I guess..

That's not fair at all 😞 they should refund you really
😂😂😂😂

Something I forgot to mention was that I was talking to my DVLA doctor and told him my medical was 10 days after I should have got my licence back and he said the delays to the medicals was a mixture of DVLA and DVLA appointed doctors due to covid. Also something I've not seen on here is part of the medical, I was asked to hold my arms out straight and he put an A4 piece of paper across my hands to see if I had the DTs. So have a couple of stiff ones before you go to stop the shakes.:D

Something I forgot to mention was that I was talking to my DVLA doctor and told him my medical was 10 days after I should have got my licence back and he said the delays to the medicals was a mixture of DVLA and DVLA appointed doctors due to covid. Also something I've not seen on here is part of the medical, I was asked to hold my arms out straight and he put an A4 piece of paper across my hands to see if I had the DTs. So have a couple of stiff ones before you go to stop the shakes.:D
I had to do that also. I hadn't had a drink in 5 months, so I think I was OK lol

The delays have for sure been made worse by covid and industrial action but they are essentially rooted in the inefficiency, incompetence, and shocking lack of regard for customers by the DVLA which is an organisation that is not fit for purpose. If you look back at some of the blog posts the issues stem back a decade.

The delays have for sure been made worse by covid and industrial action but they are essentially rooted in the inefficiency, incompetence, and shocking lack of regard for customers by the DVLA which is an organisation that is not fit for purpose. If you look back at some of the blog posts the issues stem back a decade.
Oh gosh..

I'm kinda trying to look at it like I put myself I this situation in the first place.. I've got no one to blame but myself and I'm grateful that if at any point I'm at the stage now where I will receive my license back and will be driving again eventually. 🙏

Just be so much easier for work and my boys need some much needed visits of different places..

What will be will be.. I feel like I've no one to blame but myself.. but I am on the right side of things now.. which is super exciting haha 😄

Oh gosh..

I'm kinda trying to look at it like I put myself I this situation in the first place.. I've got no one to blame but myself and I'm grateful that if at any point I'm at the stage now where I will receive my license back and will be driving again eventually. 🙏

Just be so much easier for work and my boys need some much needed visits of different places..

What will be will be.. I feel like I've no one to blame but myself.. but I am on the right side of things now.. which is super exciting haha 😄
I agree with you and that is my perspective too. Positivity is brilliant 👍. What I do think is wrong is the apparent randomness and potential unfairness of some of the decision making that is reported on here . There also seems to be no accountability.

I agree with you and that is my perspective too. Positivity is brilliant 👍. What I do think is wrong is the apparent randomness and potential unfairness of some of the decision making that is reported on here . There also seems to be no accountability.
Awwh no I completely understand the frustration..

I'm just going to try and keep that positive mindset going.

It could've been so much worse the whole ordeal. I'm grateful for alot of things to be honest 🙏🙌😌

Grateful I am even able to get my licence back. Some countries have a zero tolerance policy and bans are alot worse and longer..

What will be will be, I will be able to drive soon either way. ☺

Very happy to be here haha 😄

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off