DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I think the phone numbers are on DVLA website but the number I rang is 03007906806. It is however incredibly difficult to get through. Prepare yourself to feel frustrated. It is however worth it .
Been trying this number today and did so about 2 months ago and it still the case that its engaged or the lines are busy and they automatically cut you off. What else can I do to chase up for my medical advice letter. ?

Tried calling the DVLA this morning. Their message states that there is industrial action and on strike. Does it get any better...?

Hi i posted D1 in first week of February
You're joking...so to date you still have not received notification to attend a medical.? Have you tried contacting the DVLA to see why your application is delayed or worse of all missing.?

Kris91, have they cashed your cheque / postal order ?
OK. I asked as I sent cheque so when they cashed it I knew that at least they had received the D1. It will take ages but you’ve nothing to lose by writing to them , and when this round of strike action ends , trying to ring them. I too am stuck / lost in system, albeit at a more advanced stage . Good luck and let us know how you get on .

OK. I asked as I sent cheque so when they cashed it I knew that at least they had received the D1. It will take ages but you’ve nothing to lose by writing to them , and when this round of strike action ends , trying to ring them. I too am stuck / lost in system, albeit at a more advanced stage . Good luck and let us know how you get on .
Hi all, new to this and can’t wait for it to be over already 😬 i sent my d1 form attached with a cheque coming up to 3 weeks ago this weekend. Cheque hasn’t been cashed as of yet. Should I be worried. I understand there are major delays having been reading this over the last weeks and months but any insight to others experiences of time frames would be great in hearing back with medical details

Hi all, new to this and can’t wait for it to be over already 😬 i sent my d1 form attached with a cheque coming up to 3 weeks ago this weekend. Cheque hasn’t been cashed as of yet. Should I be worried. I understand there are major delays having been reading this over the last weeks and months but any insight to others experiences of time frames would be great in hearing back with medical details
Welcome to the queue. I posted my D1 April 19th and have not received a response re a medical. Think it's going to be a long wait unfortunately.

I got a response to D1 approximately 3 weeks after posting on March 3. Since then there have been 2 more weeks of strikes which will add further chaos to that which already reigns there . There seem to be delays / inefficiencies at every stage. So, I think we’ve all a long and frustrating wait. On a positive for me, my disqualification ends today : although I can’t drive that feels great 😊. Keep checking in here as sharing experiences and information helps everyone.

Hi all. My partners disqualification is due to end early July and he posted his medical form and payment off 3 weeks ago today and we haven’t heard anything and from what I’ve read, probably won’t for a long time yet 🙈. He’s tried to call them loads of times and just keeps getting an automated message and then the line goes dead. Has anybody had any luck using the email address someone has posted above? Thanks

Hi all. My partners disqualification is due to end early July and he posted his medical form and payment off 3 weeks ago today and we haven’t heard anything and from what I’ve read, probably won’t for a long time yet 🙈. He’s tried to call them loads of times and just keeps getting an automated message and then the line goes dead. Has anybody had any luck using the email address someone has posted above? Thanks
Hi all.

I read yesterday that the DVLA staff have been on strike all week (until Friday.) This looks like a rolling series of strikes so will only make matter worse.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off