DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Aaaaghhh Emailed DVLA medical records and T Burton to ask why no - correct - response to my renewal form and submitted PO since four months ago. Response - can't email as sensitive info. THEN. "advised" ...... write or fax instead. but there will be a delay in replying. Postal orders, faxes, letters Are they all working on black and green screen Amstrads ????? GRRRRRRRRRRR

Aaaaghhh Emailed DVLA medical records and T Burton to ask why no - correct - response to my renewal form and submitted PO since four months ago. Response - can't email as sensitive info. THEN. "advised" ...... write or fax instead. but there will be a delay in replying. Postal orders, faxes, letters Are they all working on black and green screen Amstrads ????? GRRRRRRRRRRR
That's not sensitive information. I work for a Local Authority and we would request your DOB and other information to confirm your identity. Its not a Data breach.
I think you need to make a formal complaint. Its completely unacceptable . I can understand that they experiencing high volumes of calls and postal requests, but it seems like they are having serious problems delivering the services fot whatever reasons e.g. strikes, C19, understaffed . I heard they are recruiterr over 300 new staff to try to get through the backlog..

That's not sensitive information. I work for a Local Authority and we would request your DOB and other information to confirm your identity. Its not a Data breach.
I think you need to make a formal complaint. Its completely unacceptable . I can understand that they experiencing high volumes of calls and postal requests, but it seems like they are having serious problems delivering the services fot whatever reasons e.g. strikes, C19, understaffed . I heard they are recruiterr over 300 new staff to try to get through the backlog..

It’s information protected under GDPR, you can request it from a customer but you can not provide it to a customer. If you did that would constitute a breach of GDPR and you could be prosecuted. We have had the police in my previous work over a colleague confirming the address of a customer with the same name to the wrong customer and they reported it. We are not allowed to email any personal details to a customer, we can only ask them to confirm what has already been provided.

It’s information protected under GDPR, you can request it from a customer but you can not provide it to a customer. If you did that would constitute a breach of GDPR and you could be prosecuted. We have had the police in my previous work over a colleague confirming the address of a customer with the same name to the wrong customer and they reported it. We are not allowed to email any personal details to a customer, we can only ask them to confirm what has already been provided.
Well then all local authorities are in breach of this regulation. A customer telephones, confirms their identity and security check and then we can confirm details. Another example we contact our energy providers over the phone if we require information - no problem there. Council tax queries...again telephone them and you will receive information re your account. DVLA ARE NOT DELIVERING THEIR SERVICES. I

So I emailed Mr Burton last Monday still no response a week on as I'm on a yearly licence renewal I feel I'm being pushed to the back of the queue as people on here have submitted D1s after me and had medicals already.

Well then all local authorities are in breach of this regulation. A customer telephones, confirms their identity and security check and then we can confirm details. Another example we contact our energy providers over the phone if we require information - no problem there. Council tax queries...again telephone them and you will receive information re your account. DVLA ARE NOT DELIVERING THEIR SERVICES. I

You’ve just explained back to me what I have said, you can confirm details. Under GDPR you should not be reading the details back, the customer should provide the details and you can either say yes or no to confirm what you have is correct or incorrect. I speak to the Department for Communities and PIP often and they will never read out my details back to me. Only confirm that the details they have are correct or say they don’t match and update them. My energy provider won’t confirm anything back to me, if I ask what phone number they have for me they ask me to confirm my number and say either that’s the correct number or that number does not match the one on file would you like to update your number. This is the same everywhere I’ve worked since 2018.

The DVLA are following the law by not providing this information via email.

You’ve just explained back to me what I have said, you can confirm details. Under GDPR you should not be reading the details back, the customer should provide the details and you can either say yes or no to confirm what you have is correct or incorrect. I speak to the Department for Communities and PIP often and they will never read out my details back to me. Only confirm that the details they have are correct or say they don’t match and update them. My energy provider won’t confirm anything back to me, if I ask what phone number they have for me they ask me to confirm my number and say either that’s the correct number or that number does not match the one on file would you like to update your number. This is the same everywhere I’ve worked since 2018.

The DVLA are following the law by not providing this information via email.
Correct..sorry I meant by telephone contact not by email.

Hi quick update on my medical. Today i received a letter telling me i need to have another blood test because unfortunately my sample could not be used. The sample haemolysed unsuitable for analysis. Not sure wat that means? I had my medical on 8th of feb and its taken over three months for them to tell me that

Hi quick update on my medical. Today i received a letter telling me i need to have another blood test because unfortunately my sample could not be used. The sample haemolysed unsuitable for analysis. Not sure wat that means? I had my medical on 8th of feb and its taken over three months for them to tell me that
Sorry to hear that, 3 months is a joke shows they aren’t doing it in order of people having medicals. It seems to be any order they can be bothered doing then people like you are left behind hope they fast track you but doubt they will.

That problem with the blood sample is from the red blood cells breaking down and causing the sample to be incapable of being analysed. It can be from the sample being taken badly, problems in transport or maybe age.
If the sample was returned after a couple of weeks, they really should have picked that up and requested another sample.... but I am afraid there is nothing you can do as they will not grant you your licence until they have received and checked a satisfactory sample.

I now know my drivers license number off by heart I've typed it in the checker that much and very bored of the on hold music they play, only another year at this rate.

Does anyone know the criteria the DVLA adopt to determine whether or not they need to contact GP to gain more information?
Thanks
The answer is: it depends......
It depends on your original reading and if it was a second offence in 10 years
It depends on the result of the medical - the CDT score and the answers in the questionnaire.
It depends on any past information they hold on you.
But sometimes it doesn’t seem to depend on anything.... they just do!!!!

The answer is: it depends......
It depends on your original reading and if it was a second offence in 10 years
It depends on the result of the medical - the CDT score and the answers in the questionnaire.
It depends on any past information they hold on you.
But sometimes it doesn’t seem to depend on anything.... they just do!!!!
My reading was 91 (although it was high, only just over 87.5 😬)
Full clean licence for over 10 years
Not touched a drop of alcohol since new years eve.
In theory mine should come down to the questionnaire?

Hi, I had my medical on the 5th, have called today and they said they have my results but haven’t received the questionnaire from the doctor yet. Is this normal? Should I chase the doctor?

Hi, I had my medical on the 5th, have called today and they said they have my results but haven’t received the questionnaire from the doctor yet. Is this normal? Should I chase the doctor?
They appear to have some convoluted procedure in place which requires questionnaire to be scanned onto the system. The GP emailed my Q to them on 26 April and as of yesterday it had not been scanned on.When they say that they don’t have it ,it does not necessarily mean they haven’t received it : simply that it is stuck somewhere .

They appear to have some convoluted procedure in place which requires questionnaire to be scanned onto the system. The GP emailed my Q to them on 26 April and as of yesterday it had not been scanned on.When they say that they don’t have it ,it does not necessarily mean they haven’t received it : simply that it is stuck somewhere .
I rang the Dr and they confirmed sending it on 26 th April , which is what he said he would do when I attended that day. It may be worth ringing the Dr but the Q was probably sent .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off