DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Moan/complaint incoming. Feel free to mute etc DVLA has had my renewal since Jan. Took two months to wrongly reply. Now two months later I am STILL waiting on a medical appointment - is there any way of hurrying this up?

All you can do it keep pestering them and phoning them, even though takes them ages to answer there bloody phones, keep at it, once you go for your medical have a notepad with you dates you last drank alcohol, doctors names and any other people they may want to speak to and contact details if not then thats another delay, and I suppose when you get there be polite to them and hope they do the decent thing in sending your form away the same day, TRUST ME I'm a stress head and the full process a was pulling my hair out, be careful when you get your license back when you buy a car, do all the proper checks, timing belt, check starter motor, battery, and so on I hope everything works out for you buddy

I am so frustrated with the DVLA. They have my final letter from GP to confirm I don't have history of alcohol abuse. They will not load it up to see then and there to check it instead say there's a back log. Crazy! I had my medical early December. I got a 3 year ban but have now been waiting an extra 13 months. Disgraceful, I've served my time.

My ban is due to expire on 16.7.21 and I am a HRO and require a medical. I'd thought I'd provide an update on my application:
19.4.21- posted D1 application form plus notified change of address ( recorded delivery)
10.5.21 received notification from DVLA of change of address and my application has been passed to the medical team.

No more to report. Hopefully I will have a medical letter soon. What are other peoples experiences.?

I'm really fed up. I've been contacting DVLA via the bot since I submitted my app (14 April) and I can't get through and they are on strike this week ! They haven't cashed my cheque so none the wiser. Meant to have my medical before then and licence back 29 May - not going to happen - but it's not going to be until Oct at this rate. Just needed a moan :(

Anyone have any tips? for the medical side of it? The 03007906801 number is a dead end this week. I've just tweeted them but it's all queries about driving tests and theory.
I sent my D1 application form on 19th April. Received notification on 10 May that it had been passed to the medical team. As you sent yours on 14th April I wondered if you have received DVLA letter advising booking medical.?
I think we could be timescale markers for each other to see how long the DVLA takes to get things processed.

I sent my D1 application form on 19th April. Received notification on 10 May that it had been passed to the medical team. As you sent yours on 14th April I wondered if you have received DVLA letter advising booking medical.?
I think we could be timescale markers for each other to see how long the DVLA takes to get things processed.
They seem to be spending up a tad. I sent my D1 application off, recorded delivery on the 19th Feb. I had a letter dated 16th April (received it a week after the date) telling me to book my medical. Was told be a rather rude practice rectipnist to try again in 2 weeks time when I rung. Rung back a 4th of May and I have my medical next Tuesday the 25th

They seem to be spending up a tad. I sent my D1 application off, recorded delivery on the 19th Feb. I had a letter dated 16th April (received it a week after the date) telling me to book my medical. Was told be a rather rude practice rectipnist to try again in 2 weeks time when I rung. Rung back a 4th of May and I have my medical next Tuesday the 25th
That's ridiculous. That's nearly 2 months from application submitted to letter for medical. It will be over 3 months once you have your medical and you still have to obtain results. I assume your ban is now due to end now, but due to the length of time you won't be getting you licence anytime soon?

That's ridiculous. That's nearly 2 months from application submitted to letter for medical. It will be over 3 months once you have your medical and you still have to obtain results. I assume your ban is now due to end now, but due to the length of time you won't be getting you licence anytime soon?
My ban expired 17th of march

My ban is due to expire on 16.7.21 and I am a HRO and require a medical. I'd thought I'd provide an update on my application:
19.4.21- posted D1 application form plus notified change of address ( recorded delivery)
10.5.21 received notification from DVLA of change of address and my application has been passed to the medical team.

No more to report. Hopefully I will have a medical letter soon. What are other peoples experiences.?
My ban is due to expire the day after yours 17.07.21
Received D27 form April 28th, did not post til 4th May, as had to wait for a cheque book to arrive (refuse to pay for a postal order🤣)
Now I feel I've already set myself back a couple weeks! I don't mind a little delay given I've gone this long without driving, just don't want months of delays! But it's out of my hands

My ban is due to expire the day after yours 17.07.21
Received D27 form April 28th, did not post til 4th May, as had to wait for a cheque book to arrive (refuse to pay for a postal order🤣)
Now I feel I've already set myself back a couple weeks! I don't mind a little delay given I've gone this long without driving, just don't want months of delays! But it's out of my hands
Fair play. The chap Price advised me to post a normal D1 application form and I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have received a D27 re change of address. Did you do the drink drive awareness course re reduction.? I must admit its a lonely and nervous wait and just want to get my medical out of the way...glad this forum is here otherwise I would go spare.

Fair play. The chap Price advised me to post a normal D1 application form and I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have received a D27 re change of address. Did you do the drink drive awareness course re reduction.? I must admit its a lonely and nervous wait and just want to get my medical out of the way...glad this forum is here otherwise I would go spare.
I didn't know about the D1 form, but the D27 arrived 9 days after the 90 day mark, so wasn't too bad.

I did the course last July, 26 of us crammed in wearing masks in stuffy weather! We only did 2 of the 3 days though as we went into lockdown again.

It is a nervous wait I'll admit, just want the medical over with !

Moan/complaint incoming. Feel free to mute etc DVLA has had my renewal since Jan. Took two months to wrongly reply. Now two months later I am STILL waiting on a medical appointment - is there any way of hurrying this up?
Have
I didn't know about the D1 form, but the D27 arrived 9 days after the 90 day mark, so wasn't too bad.

I did the course last July, 26 of us crammed in wearing masks in stuffy weather! We only did 2 of the 3 days though as we went into lockdown again.

It is a nervous wait I'll admit, just want the medical over with !
Good luck with medical. By the sounds of things you should sail through re doing abstinence.

I see. So really you should have sent your application in 90 days before your ban was due to expire as advised. e.g 17th December 2020. Well at least it gives me a gauge to go by for the time being.
Yes I should have. Unfortunately I stupidly left the drink drive rehab course until as late as I could have, and I didn't find out about this forum until I'd almost completed the course.
I didn't realise the DVLA would drag their feet so much. I guess it's their idea of prolonging our punishment

Yes I should have. Unfortunately I stupidly left the drink drive rehab course until as late as I could have, and I didn't find out about this forum until I'd almost completed the course.
I didn't realise the DVLA would drag their feet so much. I guess it's their idea of prolonging our punishment
Seems to be the case with the DVLA dragging their feet. Fingers cross we receive something shortly. Apparently they are recruiting additional staff to deal with backlogs...circa 300.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off