DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just checking , several people have said that the dvla have confirmed they have their medical and results etc.

Do the dvla write to you to tell you this ( I wouldn’t have thought so ) ?
Or are people ringing up checking ?

mid like to know but I can’t bothered trying to speak to the brick wall that is the dvla

DVLA do not advise you that they are writing to your GP.
Not sure that's true Price.

Last time they did write to me and tell me that as I had answered yes to one of the questions they would be writing to my GP.

That was only in 2019 so not sure anything has changed in the interim.

yeah I received a letter saying they had written to my GP for further information. But, if they are not writing to your GP they won’t be writing to you to inform you they have received the results.

Co
yeah I received a letter saying they had written to my GP for further information. But, if they are not writing to your GP they won’t be writing to you to inform you they have received the resul
Yes. If they aren't writing to your GP then the next thing you will hear from them is that your licence has been issued/not issued.

Co

Yes. If they aren't writing to your GP then the next thing you will hear from them is that your licence has been issued/not issued.
so I guess if they write to me to say they are writing to the GP its sensible to speak to the GP to clarify what they are going to say etc

so I guess if they write to me to say they are writing to the GP its sensible to speak to the GP to clarify what they are going to say etc
Yeah, i received the letter 27th September and my GP called me to discuss the letter on 4th October.
luckily I had an LFT and another blood test booked in that week. Talked to my GP and managed to find out he would be classing me as someone who used to misuse alcohol rather than dependent. Which was a big relief.

20 March sent D1 form
10 June Medical letter
25 August Medical
05 Oct Checked online and my licence has been Restored for 7 years

I am a HRO and They didnt contact my Doc, i answered no to all questions at medical and Was honest about having the odd drink.
Honestly the DVLA is so ****ed at the moment, Im so glad ive not had to go through hoops like so many of you have. I also declared I was in an accident when I got popped for Drink driving.

my CDT would deffo have been above 1.0% as my private test was 1.5% which I took 4 weeks before the medical
They do. At least they did in my case.

Got my license through the post
Didnt have to write to my gp as I dont really have a medical history in regards to drugs and alcohol

So writing to your gp if you have maybe spoke to him about alcohol or drugs before

My medical was September 3rd

Got my license through the post
Didnt have to write to my gp as I dont really have a medical history in regards to drugs and alcohol

So writing to your gp if you have maybe spoke to him about alcohol or drugs before

My medical was September 3rd
Congrats. Got my medical coming Tuesday so hey who knows. I may even be driving before Xmas new years.

Sorry to burst your bubble but thats extremely unlikely
Maybe maybe not. Going by aqueels23 post he had his medical on the 3rd Sept and near enough a month later he got. Just like aqueels23 I don't do drugs and plus don't drink and my GP doesn't even know I exist lol. What's your story? Why the negativity. Bad experience so far with your application?

Maybe maybe not. Going by aqueels23 post he had his medical on the 3rd Sept and near enough a month later he got. Just like aqueels23 I don't do drugs and plus don't drink and my GP doesn't even know I exist lol. What's your story? Why the negativity. Bad experience so far with your application?
I'm just going off what other people have experienced and my own experience, not being negative, it's been 12 weeks since my medical still not a word.

Congrats. Got my medical coming Tuesday so hey who knows. I may even be driving before Xmas new years.
Yeah did you ring the dvla to confirm your medical appointment on the automated line?

As long as you do that 4 - 5 weeks max after your medical you will have your license back!

Yeah did you ring the dvla to confirm your medical appointment on the automated line?

As long as you do that 4 - 5 weeks max after your medical you will have your license back!
Yes I did. I called them and typed in my medical appointment time and date. Thanks for giving me hope. 🙂

4-5 weeks max? I said before I've been waiting 12 weeks. False info, not everyone's case is the same I guess..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off