DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi I submitted my form on the 5th of January but not had any letter to advise me on my medical dates as a HRO, my ban is due to finish on the 1st of April ? Is this timeline normal so far as I would expect to have had my medical bookings by now still no letter for any bookings:(.. I have rang the DVLA a few times and all I get is they have recieved it and its waiting for the medical team to review it and they cannot ive any time lines..
Have they said they are going to let the medical team know that you've called, several times? When I called last year (first application) they said that they'd let the medical team know, and speed up the process a little. I'm not actually sure if they actually did anything, however they did say that they would.

As far as timelines are concerned, it's impossible to know (this also applied to @cawocd question, even if someone went through the same process a month ago, the times seem to vary so much).

Driving Licence Renewal.

All forms sent via special delivery and received the following day.

D46 (D1 for most of you) sent on: 23/11/23
Medical Questionnaire (sent separately to my D46, I could have sent them together, however I have several past and present conditions and wanted to wait for the DVLA to send me the questionnaire (DR1, DIAB1, FEP1)) sent on: 20/12/23
Received letter from the DVLA stating they had made contact with my GP on: 13/01/24
Received Medical Appointment Letter (book medical examination and CDT test) on: 23/01/24 [letter dated 18/01/24]
GP sent back DD2 forms to the DVLA on: 08/02/24
Attended Medical Examination on: 22/02/24
3 year medical licence issued (online check) on: 04/03/2024
Valid from/to: 05/03/2024 - 13/04/2027

I have just passed my medical ! How do I check the status online? Congrats btw !
Hi,

Really sorry to jump in. But where did you check the status online?
Had my medical Tuesday 05/03 and from next week wana check the status daily, but not sure where to do this!

Many thanks,

I've just received my %CDT letter [dated 04/03/2024]. My CDT score was/is 1.0%. I have previous alcohol dependency on record.
The DVLA have also confirmed that the 3 year medical licence is due to me being diabetic (insulin controlled).
So Xeronema,firstly congratulations on getting a 3 year medical license and secondly a question.If you had received your cdt result before their decision to grant you a license,would you have been a bit nervous about the outcome,thinking you had to score under 1.0?

So Xeronema,firstly congratulations on getting a 3 year medical license and secondly a question.If you had received your cdt result before their decision to grant you a license,would you have been a bit nervous about the outcome,thinking you had to score under 1.0?
Probably, however I knew that I didn't need to get under 1%. At the same time I knew that my CDT was going to be very close to my last score of 0.9%.

Probably, however I knew that I didn't need to get under 1%. At the same time I knew that my CDT was going to be very close to my last score of 0.9%.
It’s interesting isn’t it!
Mine was 0.9% last time and my medical is on Sunday.
Have you remained abstinent?
I’m curious on how diet plays a part.

It’s interesting isn’t it!
Mine was 0.9% last time and my medical is on Sunday.
Have you remained abstinent?
I’m curious on how diet plays a part.
I've remained abstinent since 2017 (took a few years to keep off it). I suspect diet and the fact my body is 'well knackered' from all the abuse I subjected it to - all contribute to my CDT being a little higher than what I'd expect it to be.

I wish you good luck for Sunday :giggle:

can anybody help me? i am a hro, ban ended 28/2/2024 , apllied with d1 and p/o on 28/11/2023 im waiting for a medical appoitment and have heard nothing as of today 9/3/2024. is this normal waiting time?

can anybody help me? i am a hro, ban ended 28/2/2024 , apllied with d1 and p/o on 28/11/2023 im waiting for a medical appoitment and have heard nothing as of today 9/3/2024. is this normal waiting time?
Pretty long and not usually so long..
Perhaps chec that your own gp has sent his report back?

thanks for the reply. ive not had my medical yet,thats what im waiting for ,ive heard nothing at all pal,
Call the DVLA.
I had heard nothing about booking my medical after sending off the form.
When I called they claimed to have sent off the letter over 3 weeks ago (complete load of crap as it never arrived). This left me having to desperately book in an appointment before the 6 weeks from the date of the letter were up.

thanks for the reply. ive not had my medical yet,thats what im waiting for ,ive heard nothing at all pal,
Give the DVLA a ring.
Call the DVLA.
I had heard nothing about booking my medical after sending off the form.
When I called they claimed to have sent off the letter over 3 weeks ago (complete load of crap as it never arrived). This left me having to desperately book in an appointment before the 6 weeks from the date of the letter were up.
My letter to book the medical never arrived either. Definitely ring them and ask them to email it to you instead.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off