DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Does the DVLA go through stuff on weekends ? They said up to ten 10 days to me not working days just 10 days
Sent application in first week in February,called them today:TAKING THEM 5-6 WEEKS TO SCAN IT INTO THEIR SYSTEM?????!!!! It’s just a BLOODY JOKE!!!!

Sent application in first week in February,called them today:TAKING THEM 5-6 WEEKS TO SCAN IT INTO THEIR SYSTEM?????!!!! It’s just a BLOODY JOKE!!!!
This is GP forms took about 5 weeks for them to reply toy application taken 130 days so far since sending off my first application

I know I’m self employed and had to turn down 4 long contract jobs as there slightly out the way for buses or trains so it’s actually starting to lose me about 1k a week
And the worst thing is there nowhere to turn to

I know I’m self employed and had to turn down 4 long contract jobs as there slightly out the way for buses or trains so it’s actually starting to lose me about 1k a week
I’ve read on some really old posts that once you have your medical you can call up and ask for a certificate to allow you to drive while you are waiting for the results. Is this something you have explored? My other half is waiting for his medical but it’s 3 weeks before he is due to finish his ban. Worried now that the DVLA timescales and doctors are taking that long for everyone’s the ban is extended way past the sentence given!!

That is madness they were 3/4 during corvid with staff working from home and now they are double the time frame they are all back at work.

I’ve read on some really old posts that once you have your medical you can call up and ask for a certificate to allow you to drive while you are waiting for the results. Is this something you have explored? My other half is waiting for his medical but it’s 3 weeks before he is due to finish his ban. Worried now that the DVLA timescales and doctors are taking that long for everyone’s the ban is extended way past the sentence given!!
It’s the 5th comment on this topic. Back in 2010. I’ve also seen a few others put it too. Has anyone checked this recently?

Not sure if this really happened years ago, or whether it is some kind of urban myth...

DVLA will not issue anything, they may point people to Section 88 and say that it is the person themselves that is responsible for whether they qualify for this or not.

Not sure if this really happened years ago, or whether it is some kind of urban myth...

DVLA will not issue anything, they may point people to Section 88 and say that it is the person themselves that is responsible for whether they qualify for this or not.
Guys just looked and got it back legit just now GP send forms off exactly a week ago today

That is madness they were 3/4 during corvid with staff working from home and now they are double the time frame they are all back at work.
And you know what, we’re all in this shit purely because the guidelines were changed and we were not informed! Literally I didn’t break the law or committed any crime (except in 2014) but I’m suffering like hell and mentally going crazy???? How is this actually right?? And it says on the letter I can start my process 8 weeks before my “ban” ends but my question is how would I be able to drive straight after my “ban “ end as just getting my application into their system takes them 5-6 weeks, and how many months will it take to get a medical appointment then how many months before they actually looking into my case???

I sent mine money 9th January and still heard nothing they told me minimum 8 weeks.
I just posted a consent form (Tracked) to contact my Gp it was marked for the medical dept i am hoping i am already on their system its an appeal after being revoked 6 weeks to register an application is a joke.

I just posted a consent form (Tracked) to contact my Gp it was marked for the medical dept i am hoping i am already on their system its an appeal after being revoked 6 weeks to register an application is a joke.
I think it’s rather beyond joke!!

I think it’s rather beyond joke!!
Just to comparison-I’m Hungarian and I had to renew my passport which actually took 4 weeks so this processing “business” with DVLA IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE I think

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off