DVLA Medical question

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yes,I had my medical 4 weeks ago,and it's with the decision maker!!
All I can take from this is if there was a red flag,ie.inconsistency from my last medical I'm sure they would have instantly revoked my license,I've rang twice now to receive the same response!
Same with me.. I spoke to DVLA yesterday after doing my urine test on the 1st of August and still not receiving and results or letters.. They said that they are going to send a letter to my house and I need to sign it and send it back to the DVLA.. This is basically me authorizing them to talk to my GP..

BUT WHAT MORE COULD THEY POSSIBLY WANT??

ARE THEY GOING TO CHECK MEDICAL RECORDS WITH MY GP TOO SEE OF IVE ADMITTED CANNABIS USE??

And like you I'm thinking if I failed, surely there would be no need to contact my GP because I've failed already.. and from my knowledge they don't do bloods for cannabis only alcohol

I have a question if okay? I too failed my first medical last July. It has taken all this time to be back in their system if you like. I sent all the necessary forms, medical questionnaire this March but today had a letter to say the DVLA had written to my Doctor. I understand this is common but I thought the medical was first, then they write to your GP if any concerns? Is there anything I can do to speed up this process. I wondered how long you waited for your 2nd medical, and a rough idea how long the GP has to reply. Is it worth me chasing my GP to ensure the letter is at least at the Surgery? Any advice would be most welcome.... just struggling with the amount of waiting to get my life back on track.
Mine was backwards.. I done my urine test first.. and I've been waiting since the the 1st August 2022 for my results.. whe I phoned them they Said they need to contact my GP and then make a decision..

But I'm thinking if I failed.. why would you need to contact my GP?? Are you checking my medical history with my GP to see if I have admitted to drug use?? Does anyone kno what to expect from the GP??

Would they have any reason to suspect cannabis use? Did you mention it?
No I don't see why at all.. I was passing all the home testing kits at 15ng too.. stopped smoking for 2months and 2 weeks (75 days)

So it's puzzling why they need to contact my GP

No I don't see why at all.. I was passing all the home testing kits at 15ng too.. stopped smoking for 2months and 2 weeks (75 days)

So it's puzzling why they need to contact my GP
Did you fill out a form at your medical when you gave your urine.
They like to check people's medical records are consistent.
If you failed the urine test I don't think they'd be writing to your GP. You'd have just received a letter saying you failed.

Did you fill out a form at your medical when you gave your urine.
They like to check people's medical records are consistent.
If you failed the urine test I don't think they'd be writing to your GP. You'd have just received a letter saying you failed.
Yeah that's what I thought.. nah my doctor filled it out he asked me the questions.. do I smoke etc.. I have cigarettes on my medical but I doubt that will effect it

Totally understand the anxiety, and the majority of us on here have had to deal with that at some level. However, as much as it can go wrong, it can go the other way. I’ve seen on many occasions some getting their licences back in double quick time, unbelievably quick, and some have had horrendous circumstances. So, with that in mind I have just learned to switch off. I have a bit of a laugh on here criticising DVLA and GP’s but there’s nothing you can do but sit and wait. Tick the boxes you have to, jump through the hoops. And give them a bit of hassle at dvla at least once a week. I don’t know if it helps, but it makes me feel better because I’m being proactive.
Thanks for your advice - no letter yet and the DVLA not taking calls today. I have a couple of weekends away coming up but obviously not drinking. Now the end of my ban is in sight I’m actually more anxious than ever and it’s making me feel ill. I do have the NHS app but all I can see on it are my repeat prescriptions. Not letters or health records. Do I have to write to someone to get access? I’d hate it if my GP gets a letter and I don’t know

Thanks for your advice - no letter yet and the DVLA not taking calls today. I have a couple of weekends away coming up but obviously not drinking. Now the end of my ban is in sight I’m actually more anxious than ever and it’s making me feel ill. I do have the NHS app but all I can see on it are my repeat prescriptions. Not letters or health records. Do I have to write to someone to get access? I’d hate it if my GP gets a letter and I don’t know
You can walk into your gp practice and ask for a form so they can disclose your info to you. It takes a couple of weeks to get it. And listen before court we are full of anxiety, then it settles down and as we get closer to d day the anxiety ramps up again. You’re not alone. It’ll all be done soon though. Chin up

You can walk into your gp practice and ask for a form so they can disclose your info to you. It takes a couple of weeks to get it. And listen before court we are full of anxiety, then it settles down and as we get closer to d day the anxiety ramps up again. You’re not alone. It’ll all be done soon though. Chin up
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support x. This crime makes me feel so guilty and ashamed. I’m still hiding my ban from everyone but my very closest friends and immediate family after 18 months. The amount of people that just think I’m really committed to getting in 10,000 steps a day when really I have no choice 😳. I’m never walking anywhere again when I get my car back!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support x. This crime makes me feel so guilty and ashamed. I’m still hiding my ban from everyone but my very closest friends and immediate family after 18 months. The amount of people that just think I’m really committed to getting in 10,000 steps a day when really I have no choice 😳. I’m never walking anywhere again when I get my car back!
I will miss my walking, but then I live in a beautiful place by the sea, so there’s always motivation to get out. Personally? I told everyone, I had the mindset that if they didn’t like it they could lump it. Yes, a bit arrogant maybe, but I knew what I’d done. I faced my peers in court and was judged. I have no time for Facebook magistrates. So I just cracked on. 😊

I will miss my walking, but then I live in a beautiful place by the sea, so there’s always motivation to get out. Personally? I told everyone, I had the mindset that if they didn’t like it they could lump it. Yes, a bit arrogant maybe, but I knew what I’d done. I faced my peers in court and was judged. I have no time for Facebook magistrates. So I just cracked on. 😊
Ah good for you! I care way too much about what other people think. I’m even worried my GP will despise me now 🫣

Ah good for you! I care way too much about what other people think. I’m even worried my GP will despise me now 🫣
Never you mind about the GP they only look after themselves and will not think twice about throwing you under the bus, cut yourself a bit of slack. You made a mistake. We all did. Never mind what everyone thinks. Do you think they are perfect? Most of those that judge have enough skeletons to populate Narnia 😂

Never you mind about the GP they only look after themselves and will not think twice about throwing you under the bus, cut yourself a bit of slack. You made a mistake. We all did. Never mind what everyone thinks. Do you think they are perfect? Most of those that judge have enough skeletons to populate Narnia 😂
Ah I had years and years of being criticised by my ex and his family and I’m also Catholic so guilt is my default setting 🤣! I have literally cut my social life in half, less than half, cut off people I am scared will think badly of me if they find out, lied to work, stopped going swimming in case someone at the leisure centre that I know asks where my car is, and it’s ruined my self confidence. Didn’t help that the copper who nicked me was the nastiest most pugnacious, aggressive little man I’ve ever met. They kept me for hours and hours and treated me like crap even though I was visibly upset - I know it was wrong and I was immediately sorry and apologetic, but the way I was criminalised and spoken to like dirt in there was so traumatic I had flashbacks for weeks. I can’t watch police dramas now. When I got burgled recently I refused to call the police because I was terrified it might have been one of them from that day, when they were so brusque and nasty. I’d never had so much as a speeding ticket before and now I still feel sick when I go past a police station. It really opened my eyes as to how people are treated. These days I also feel disgusted when I read court reports in the paper (I was lucky, didn’t have that) not because of what they’ve done in the majority of cases, they often seem to be drunken mistakes, but because it seems so mean and spiteful to broadcast people’s mistakes, shame them, sneer at them, and make it even harder for them to get back on track. (Sorry I do go on ahaha)

Ah I had years and years of being criticised by my ex and his family and I’m also Catholic so guilt is my default setting 🤣! I have literally cut my social life in half, less than half, cut off people I am scared will think badly of me if they find out, lied to work, stopped going swimming in case someone at the leisure centre that I know asks where my car is, and it’s ruined my self confidence. Didn’t help that the copper who nicked me was the nastiest most pugnacious, aggressive little man I’ve ever met. They kept me for hours and hours and treated me like crap even though I was visibly upset - I know it was wrong and I was immediately sorry and apologetic, but the way I was criminalised and spoken to like dirt in there was so traumatic I had flashbacks for weeks. I can’t watch police dramas now. When I got burgled recently I refused to call the police because I was terrified it might have been one of them from that day, when they were so brusque and nasty. I’d never had so much as a speeding ticket before and now I still feel sick when I go past a police station. It really opened my eyes as to how people are treated. These days I also feel disgusted when I read court reports in the paper (I was lucky, didn’t have that) not because of what they’ve done in the majority of cases, they often seem to be drunken mistakes, but because it seems so mean and spiteful to broadcast people’s mistakes, shame them, sneer at them, and make it even harder for them to get back on track. (Sorry I do go on ahaha)
No it’s fine, I’m catholic also but my disposition is, I berate myself and then get over it pretty quickly. Back in my day, coppers would shove you in the van and give you a kicking. Things have changed of course, but I do think a lot of coppers forget it ain’t within their remit to judge. They are there to nick you, collate evidence then let you on your way. But I really do think you need to cut yourself some slack. Probably everyone has just forgotten about it. I however was front page news for a while. I had aggravating circumstances. The copper was aggressive with me and I didn’t take kindly to it. So it didn’t go particularly well for him. And I paid the penalty. I also collided with a parked car on the way home. As luck would have it, it belonged to none other than an off duty police officer. Anyhoo, we’ve all got a story. In a lot of cases there are reasons but never excuses. You’re on a site that (as long as you’re honest) is completely unbiased and understanding of the events and guide you best they can.
Listen you’ve been punished, nobody outside the court has the power to judge. You just gotta let it go. Presumably you were a good person before. One transgression does not make you a bad person. Lift your head up and put one foot in front of the other.

No it’s fine, I’m catholic also but my disposition is, I berate myself and then get over it pretty quickly. Back in my day, coppers would shove you in the van and give you a kicking. Things have changed of course, but I do think a lot of coppers forget it ain’t within their remit to judge. They are there to nick you, collate evidence then let you on your way. But I really do think you need to cut yourself some slack. Probably everyone has just forgotten about it. I however was front page news for a while. I had aggravating circumstances. The copper was aggressive with me and I didn’t take kindly to it. So it didn’t go particularly well for him. And I paid the penalty. I also collided with a parked car on the way home. As luck would have it, it belonged to none other than an off duty police officer. Anyhoo, we’ve all got a story. In a lot of cases there are reasons but never excuses. You’re on a site that (as long as you’re honest) is completely unbiased and understanding of the events and guide you best they can.
Listen you’ve been punished, nobody outside the court has the power to judge. You just gotta let it go. Presumably you were a good person before. One transgression does not make you a bad person. Lift your head up and put one foot in front of the other.
Yeh I’ve been honest. I got pulled morning after cos scraped a car in a car park and they went mental and called the police. I did recompense them for damages but … anyway it was a lesson. I was way over after a night out where I got taxis all night and got up for an early appointment still smashed. Didn’t even think. It was extenuating circumstances the night before but in court didn’t even get community service due to good character and being massively upset and remorseful. They were really nice to me in court actually. Not found it easy tbh but everyone on this forum has been nice. I hope you get your license back soon x

I have a question if okay? I too failed my first medical last July. It has taken all this time to be back in their system if you like. I sent all the necessary forms, medical questionnaire this March but today had a letter to say the DVLA had written to my Doctor. I understand this is common but I thought the medical was first, then they write to your GP if any concerns? Is there anything I can do to speed up this process. I wondered how long you waited for your 2nd medical, and a rough idea how long the GP has to reply. Is it worth me chasing my GP to ensure the letter is at least at the Surgery? Any advice would be most welcome.... just struggling with the amount of waiting to get my life back on track.
hi mine is the same they wrote to my gp first!? he sent it back the same day after 10 days scanning on system@ dvla they then sent me my medical letter my appointment is today at 6pm
i have abstained since 12th august but did have 3 glasses of prosecco on the 8th october but nothing else i'm praying all ok as i cant go another 6 months -- did medichecks on 5th sept and came back 0.9 so everything crossed !!

hi mine is the same they wrote to my gp first!? he sent it back the same day after 10 days scanning on system@ dvla they then sent me my medical letter my appointment is today at 6pm
i have abstained since 12th august but did have 3 glasses of prosecco on the 8th october but nothing else i'm praying all ok as i cant go another 6 months -- did medichecks on 5th sept and came back 0.9 so everything crossed !!
Im sure you will be fine, fingers crossed 🤞

Im sure you will be fine, fingers crossed 🤞
ah thank you -- its all so nerve wracking --i'm fasting today as supposed to help? drunk about 3 litres of water and been taking milk thistle and iron i'm a walking pharmasist x im only going to say 1 prosecco which i think is wise? x

ah thank you -- its all so nerve wracking --i'm fasting today as supposed to help? drunk about 3 litres of water and been taking milk thistle and iron i'm a walking pharmasist x im only going to say 1 prosecco which i think is wise? x
Listen if the doc doesn’t have it on file I’d say nowt, but that’s just me, whatever you’re happy with. From what you’ve written i think you’ll smash it😊

Just don’t panic! You’ll be fine, and only say what you need to. Trust me it’ll all be OK. :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off