DVLA Medical question

Convicted Driver Insurance
I will miss my walking, but then I live in a beautiful place by the sea, so there’s always motivation to get out. Personally? I told everyone, I had the mindset that if they didn’t like it they could lump it. Yes, a bit arrogant maybe, but I knew what I’d done. I faced my peers in court and was judged. I have no time for Facebook magistrates. So I just cracked on. 😊

I reckon everyone on this forum does go through the embarrassment emotions of what third parties think about you. You do become a little paranoid that everyone is talking about you and you begin to think you are public enemy number one.

The reality is, no one actually cares less about the DD conviction and as time moves on, it becomes less and less of an issue. The keyboard warriors who blast drink drivers are generally the idiots who spend half their lives sitting in judgement of others just to enlighten their sad little lives.

There are of course families who have lost loves ones through drink driving who have every right to voice their opinion. But the chances of any of us on this forum crossing paths with one of these people is very rare.

I just don't discuss my past mistakes publicly anymore outside this forum and for that I am grateful that no-one can judge me anymore.

CJ

I reckon everyone on this forum does go through the embarrassment emotions of what third parties think about you. You do become a little paranoid that everyone is talking about you and you begin to think you are public enemy number one.

The reality is, no one actually cares less about the DD conviction and as time moves on, it becomes less and less of an issue. The keyboard warriors who blast drink drivers are generally the idiots who spend half their lives sitting in judgement of others just to enlighten their sad little lives.

There are of course families who have lost loves ones through drink driving who have every right to voice their opinion. But the chances of any of us on this forum crossing paths with one of these people is very rare.

I just don't discuss my past mistakes publicly anymore outside this forum and for that I am grateful that no-one can judge me anymore.

CJ
Well written, and it’s hard not to agree with you. If anything just goes to highlight that we are all different in how we manage other people’s opinions or whether we give a damn. I’d certainly not be arrogant if I were standing facing the family of a lost loved one through someone’s drink driving. No my circumstances were very very different. I had someone orchestrating social media, relatives, my friends (so called) even the press. I was absolutely hounded because this one person decided it was their right to ruin my very existence. It was a very dangerous and toxic period of my life. That I’ve only recently come to terms with. I will never forgive them. But I’ll never give a shit either. I only wish I’d stumbled across that attitude earlier.

CJ
Embarrassment was my middle name for a few months. Due to the conviction (any many other things all going majorly wrong at the same time), I was a real mess after and during that period. I dread to think how much gossip fodder, how many secret conversations, concerns and even WhatsApp groups that I was the unwitting source of, and I’ll never forget some of the comments overheard and messages received. 😞

But you find it in you someday - if you look for it that is - to gather the strength to overcome it all. I still remember the day I decided to cut everything bad out. To start over, clean-up, and start bossing life again; as I did with ease (before my steady sequence of Icarus moments, which can all be explained… not dealt with well, but certainly learned from).

But - above all - not give up, but to fight back.

That was 3 years ago now, and I’m still fighting back and have been since. I’m almost, almost there. :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off