Dvla Medical Procedures

Convicted Driver Insurance

NileR

Established Member
Hello All,
I'm wondering if anyone actually knows whether if DVLA Medical Team have any procedures or criteria regarding the requirements to attending a medical.
I filled in the required forms etc and applied for my (medical) license.

They have already asked for and received my GP report 14 weeks ago.
I was told by call handler two weeks ago that this GP report had been deemed "acceptable" and to look as this as a positive.
I also do not know whether/ although they have received this acceptable GP report this actually means the medical team have passed this to be reviewed by the medical review panel for final decision before issuing?
I also have a functional neurological condition and I am bi - polar. None of these have been an issue since diagnosed and two previous yearly licences were issued without fuss or medical requested.
I have only had to attend medical due to admitting cannabis use for three weeks in April 2019 on forms.Classed as "persistent drugs misuser" and licence revoked for six months.
All of these three medical issues mentioned above were part of the requested GP report, which as I stated have already been deemed "acceptable" by DVLA.

I know each case is individual I am wondering if ;
A : Do they normally / usually ask for a GP report before requesting an actual medical.
B : Would this mean that they will not ask for a medical because of the ("acceptable") GP report.
C : They will therefore base their decision on the GP report alone and no further request to attend medical.
D : Given a brief history of cannabis use for three weeks April 2019 will I still need to attend medical. Classed as "persistant drugs misuse"
E : That I simply haven't made a decision yet.

Sorry it's a bit long and perhaps convoluted, I just thought it best to outline full context in order to assist someone in making the best decision.
I'm asking because it gives me some hope as to timescale - it will naturally make a huge difference if need to attend medical or not.

Thanks a million everyone.
Very much appreciate your help and efforts.
NileR

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off