DVLA Medical Preparation?

Convicted Driver Insurance

JamesCarney

Can anyone please advise me on what I need to do for the DVLA medical? I drink about 2-3 times a week, do I need to stop for a certain period of time to pass the test? Any advice would be be greatly appreciated :)

Also, how long does it take to get a medical from the time you send off?

Cheers,
James

[Background: Banned for 2 years after reading of almost 3 times over the limit. Reduced to 18 months after drink driver course. Ban finishes mid-March]

Can anyone please advise me on what I need to do for the DVLA medical? I drink about 2-3 times a week, do I need to stop for a certain period of time to pass the test? Any advice would be be greatly appreciated :)

Also, how long does it take to get a medical from the time you send off?

Cheers,
James

[Background: Banned for 2 years after reading of almost 3 times over the limit. Reduced to 18 months after drink driver course. Ban finishes mid-March]

Id defo be jacking it altogether for at least a month before your medical and worst case scenario at least for 3 days prior, to give your liver a good chance to do some initial healing. Milk thistle is always recommended so worth a go - plenty of water, exercise and healthy eating - not smoking for about 24 hours before it and make sure you have breakfast on the morning of it (stops you fainting if you dont like needles ;-) ps you dont need to stop for a certain period of time to pass it as there is no specific timescale, there are no guarantees. I suppose it depends how long you've been drinking 2-3 times a week for - remember your liver wont heal forever. Id probs worry if you've been drinking like that for years and years but again there's no set rule - everyone's body works differently.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off