DVLA Medical Postponed due to COVID-19

Convicted Driver Insurance

AJC37

Hello,

I am due to get my licence back on 03/05/2020 pending passing a DVLA medical test. According to the conviction I am classed as a High Risk Offender. I applied for my licence as normal within 90 days of this date and over a month later I have received a letter from the Drivers Medical Group to advise that they will no longer be doing examinations due to the Covid-19 outbreak for at least 12 weeks. (I completely understand this! But that is adding at least a further 2 months onto my ban)

It doesn't look like I am covered under the Section 88 Road Traffic Act as I am a high risk offender. I actually appealed to the courts recently representing myself as my conviction has been incorrect from the outset, this was rejected and I was advised to seek legal advice. I decided not to pursue this as there was not long left of my ban (circumstances have obviously changed now). My lowest breath reading was 87 and my highest 92 on the official breath test at the station. The police have made a mistake on my paperwork and given my highest reading to the courts therefor pushing me into the high risk category. This makes the current situation I am in all the more frustrating as I should never have been classed as a high risk offender in the first place if the law was followed here (the hypocrisy I know, but I've served my time now). I also paid £150 to complete the Drink Drive Rehabilitation course which was a waste of money now as I won't be getting it back early after all.

I have attached a copy of the letter I received and it makes no sense to me to be honest. I tried to call them and there is a very clear automated message explaining how busy they are under current circumstances so I hung up the phone as don't want to add to their stress but no idea what my options are now.

Can you advise at all on what I can do next please? This whole thing has had such a detrimental effect on my mental health I don't how much more I can take.

Attachments

• 20200403_144103.jpg
    20200403_144103.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 12
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off