DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Checked online this morning - absolutely delighted to read that a Full 10 Year Driving Licence has been issued and will be valid as of midnight tonight.

Its been 8 days since my medical which is a hell of a turnaround all things considered. Especially given how unfairly the DVLA have been managing people in the last 2 years.

What's more is that it coincides perfectly to my disqualification actually coming to an end - which is TODAY!
32 months in total (with the Drink Driver course) I was convinced that would be extended through no fault of my own.

One thing I felt was important to let others who are HRO know is that they DID NOT CONTACT MY GP!!

There's a lot of suggestions on this forum that being HRO means they automatically contact your GP regardless. Whislt being HRO may increase the likelihood of them contacting your doctor, it is not guaranteed - at least based on my experience anyway.

Although I have my license back I will absolutely remain an active member and participant of this excellent forum.

There are so many fantastic, knowledgeable and caring people on this forum who have helped me considerably. I will do whatever I can to help to also help others in need.

Best of luck to everyone.
You'll get their in the end and it will be totally worth the wait, I guarantee it.

Checked online this morning - absolutely delighted to read that a Full 10 Year Driving Licence has been issued and will be valid as of midnight tonight.

Its been 8 days since my medical which is a hell of a turnaround all things considered. Especially given how unfairly the DVLA have been managing people in the last 2 years.

What's more is that it coincides perfectly to my disqualification actually coming to an end - which is TODAY!
32 months in total (with the Drink Driver course) I was convinced that would be extended through no fault of my own.

One thing I felt was important to let others who are HRO know is that they DID NOT CONTACT MY GP!!

There's a lot of suggestions on this forum that being HRO means they automatically contact your GP regardless. Whislt being HRO may increase the likelihood of them contacting your doctor, it is not guaranteed - at least based on my experience anyway.

Although I have my license back I will absolutely remain an active member and participant of this excellent forum.

There are so many fantastic, knowledgeable and caring people on this forum who have helped me considerably. I will do whatever I can to help to also help others in need.

You'll get their in the end and it will be totally worth the wait, I guarantee it.
Outstanding mate, made up for you 👍….I was supposed to be getting medical tomorrow but got a bloody email from docs at lunch there to say the Doc has tested positive for Covid 😖😖… trying to fit me in during the week now 🤞. Things definitely speeding up and like you say…HRO is definitely not a guarantee that further investigation will be recommended. Happy motoring 👍

Wond

You'll get their in the end and it will be totally worth the wait, I guarantee it

Wonderful news for you,, yes you are one of the lucky ones,, my time line is one of the worst and still going on 😭

You'll get their in the end and it will be totally ppl pworth the wait, I guarantee it.pap
Well done bud!! Now look after that pinky 😂
I’m HRO & they’ve written to my GP & I’ve to fill out a drug questionnaire!! Yay…
It’s been 20 months since I was on a programme, so fingers crossed I’ll be ok.🤞
My CDT score should be low as I’m not much of a drinker. Couple of ciders at the end of the month when my wages clear!!
I do hope they are getting faster with the process at dvla like people are saying on this forum…
They sent the questionnaire out to me on the 20th June, but so far it’s not come in the post. Second class no doubt knowing them the cheap skates!!
Well all I can say is at least I’ve got the ball rolling 🤷‍♂️.
Again well done on getting your licence back mate, all the best for the future

Hi all
The DG1 forms arrived today!! YES!! I’ll be filling them out & posting pronto…
That must mean the GP surgery has there dd2 as well, seeming they were sent the same day!! 😂
I’ll keep you posted peeps!!
Thanks

Hi all
The DG1 forms arrived today!! YES!! I’ll be filling them out & posting pronto…
That must mean the GP surgery has there dd2 as well, seeming they were sent the same day!! 😂
I’ll keep you posted peeps!!
Thanks
Nice one mate! Great to hear that things are moving forward.

Nice one mate! Great to hear that things are moving forward.
Just a thought…..take a screenshot or copy of your DG1 forms and ensure that the forms your GP completes accurately reflect what you submit, as it’s likely the two will be compared. Again, a good relationship with your named GP is invaluable, and they know you best.
Good luck

Just a thought…..take a screenshot or copy of your DG1 forms and ensure that the forms your GP completes accurately reflect what you submit, as it’s likely the two will be compared. Again, a good relationship with your named GP is invaluable, and they know you best.
Good luck
Yes the only problem being I don’t have a named GP, which I find a joke. Because it’s non NHS work it doesn’t take priority to them either!!
I’ve been seen lately by a nice lady doctor & on any dvla forms I’ve always put her name down on them.

I’ve also emailed dvla to ask for my medical results asap. Gave them all my details like it said to online so we will see soon enough I guess!!!
The fact that they can take a month to send them out, yayyyyy!! 😂

Congratulations! Did you answer no to every question?

Congratulations! Did you answer no to every question?
Yes, luckily I was able to honestly answer answer NO to every question on the questionnaire. As well as that I've not drunk alcohol in over 2 and half years so my CDT should have been at baseline.
Will be interested to learn what my actual bloods were

Yes, luckily I was able to honestly answer answer NO to every question on the questionnaire. As well as that I've not drunk alcohol in over 2 and half years so my CDT should have been at baseline.
Will be interested to learn what my actual bloods were
I have requested my cdt score cos I’m interested to see what it says after not drinking **** all for 3 weeks solid 😂

I’ve always been able to take it or leave it.
I’m filling out the DG1 form & it asks who my GP is “for this condition”!! What do they mean by that?? Because I saw my GP last week (cancer reasons) but have never seen them for this drug condition!! I went to the local drug service in late 2020 for that.
I’m getting lost with these bloody forms, cheers dvla, you must absolutely love it 😂

No it’s mainly going on about my back injury. I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain. I’ve been on them 6 years so I don’t get any side effects anymore.
I was on heroin for 3 years up until October 2020. Then went on methadone for 2 weeks before getting chucked off the programme. So then I did a home detox instead.
I can see them calling me in for a piss test medical. At least dvla pay for all the medicals now.
I drive heavy plant machinery for a living & it’s a pain getting to work!!
More then likely 10000% you are Darron. I only mentioned I was on a prescription painkiller up until 3 years ago and I’ve had a letter today to go for another medical & urine test now. They knew they would write to my GP & then ask for a urine test so why the F**K didn’t they just request one as soon as my first medical report arrived staying I was on painkillers for 9 years until I come off then 3 years ago!!! Absolute joke!!! My ban was up January 16th ffs!!! It was a prescription from a GP… if I was still on them I would be allowed to drive to what F*%€$@g difference does it make now 😡😭

More then likely 10000% you are Darron. I only mentioned I was on a prescription painkiller up until 3 years ago and I’ve had a letter today to go for another medical & urine test now. They knew they would write to my GP & then ask for a urine test so why the F**K didn’t they just request one as soon as my first medical report arrived staying I was on painkillers for 9 years until I come off then 3 years ago!!! Absolute joke!!! My ban was up January 16th ffs!!! It was a prescription from a GP… if I was still on them I would be allowed to drive to what F*%€$@g difference does it make now 😡😭
Mate I know I’m going back for a urine test soon!!
I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain in my back. Been on them for 6/7 years. I’m dreading what my GP surgery will say on their forms!! This is because I don’t have a set GP!! It’ll be someone looking at a computer screen scanning my records. Yay.
Well I have defo learnt not to drink drive again!! 🤦

Mate I know I’m going back for a urine test soon!!
I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain in my back. Been on them for 6/7 years. I’m dreading what my GP surgery will say on their forms!! This is because I don’t have a set GP!! It’ll be someone looking at a computer screen scanning my records. Yay.
Well I have defo learnt not to drink drive again!! 🤦
You got a script though yeah? Fingers crossed for you hun! I’ve had a fuk full of them now!! I mean when the dvla Dr wrote I was on painkillers a few years back they knew they would send me for a urine test so why not just send me for one while waiting for my GP to send forms back & save some time!! Or the dvla Dr be trained to make the decision!!! So backward they are honestly! My GP surgery is the same hun, just see whichever of the 10 GPS or locum’s are free so 🙄 I’ve just had a letter to book mine. I don’t have time to pee most days let alone all this messing about 😭🫣🤣

Hello guys, I've been lurking in the background for over 1 year, just to let you all know I had my medical last Monday and today I've received a full 10 year licence, so 8 days in total, abstained for 2 months apart from weekends but did fully abstain for 3 weeks, answered no to everything. Absolutely over the moon, got 2 days left on holiday in greece then car shopping on Thursday. So much weight lifted now. Thanks to everyone on this forum 😀

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off