DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Sooo doing the ironing and it pops into my head, obviously the doctor has never even spoken to me before all of this so doesn't even know what I look like, would providing her with character references to back me up be taking things to the extreme? Or is it worth a shot? Even if it's just to get the 6months controlled drinking option? I think I'm just clutching at straws now in my last bit of hope...
With the letter that your GP wrote to the DVLA I can’t see them changing their minds. I’m not sure what difference character references to your GP would make because as they stated in there letter the decision is with the DVLA.
Trying to convince them that it’s only misuse and you will control your drinking probably only reinforces the ‘strong desire’ part of their dependency category.
In your position I think the best bet is to accept the situation for what it is. Speak to your GP about LFT’s and tell them when your last drink was and begin the next part of the process.

Just got home to find a D1 application and a letter to say that I can reapply for my licence... I'm so confused right now

I am struggling to follow all your story, but with a bit of optimism to put in……. Could this mean that they have accepted that your case should be categorised as alcohol misuse rather than dependence. In which case they are inviting you to apply as you can demonstrate drinking within government standards (or less) which is what is required to allow an application after 6 months……..

I am struggling to follow all your story, but with a bit of optimism to put in……. Could this mean that they have accepted that your case should be categorised as alcohol misuse rather than dependence. In which case they are inviting you to apply as you can demonstrate drinking within government standards (or less) which is what is required to allow an application after 6 months……..
I'm struggling to keep up with it as well 😂 is a D1 the temporary licence? Will I need more medicals? Nothing is clear online. I just went to post it before I realised I need a stamp on the envelope!

A D1 is an application form like you get from a post office. Almost identical to the D27 DVLA usually use.
I am hoping for you that they will just process it with no more medicals.
Can I just check, how long ago is it since you first applied for your licence back? If it is 12 months they may just have sent you an application form because the original one has lapsed…..

A D1 is an application form like you get from a post office. Almost identical to the D27 DVLA usually use.
I am hoping for you that they will just process it with no more medicals.
Can I just check, how long ago is it since you first applied for your licence back? If it is 12 months they may just have sent you an application form because the original one has lapsed…..
It was issued in August before being revoked two months later, it doesn't expire until 2023

Eeeek! I'm excited but don't want to get my hopes up at the same time! Will post again when I hear back from my application! There may be light at the end of the tunnel yet...

It was very poor of DVLA to have given you your licence back without having received your full medical history. I can’t recall someone getting their licence back and then having is snatched away after a few weeks ever before!

Please make sure to send by recorded delivery so you can at least check it's been received. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm struggling to keep up with it as well 😂 is a D1 the temporary licence? Will I need more medicals? Nothing is clear online. I just went to post it before I realised I need a stamp on the envelope!
congratulations! That’s really positive news!
have you provided them will LFT’s and proof ? I’m just wondering whether this is all a good sign for my own application.

congratulations! That’s really poitive news!
have you provided them will LFT’s and proof ? I’m just wondering whether this is all a good sign for my own application.
No LFTs or proof, a complaint put into the surgery over how my GP wrote the letter and an email sent to the DVLA complaint department, but I only complained to the surgery last Friday

No LFTs or proof, a complaint put into the surgery over how my GP wrote the letter and an email sent to the DVLA complaint department, but I only complained to the surgery last Friday
Okay brilliant! I have been classed as someone who used to misuse and have only supplied one LFT. So that’s positive news for me then!
I hope al goes well in your application.

It was very poor of DVLA to have given you your licence back without having received your full medical history. I can’t recall someone getting their licence back and then having is snatched away after a few weeks ever before!

Price

I read this as well - very odd indeed. I'm wondering if there are mistakes and over sights being made at Swansea, in light of the growing backlog they are accumulating with all of the delays and strike action.

CJ

I have a doctors appointment for the 5th, I don't know if I should cancel or not? I don't want to jeopardise anything now! The appointment was to try and rectify what was written in the letter about abusing alcohol rather than misuse. Do I still attend or let someone in medical need have my appointment?

I have a doctors appointment for the 5th, I don't know if I should cancel or not? I don't want to jeopardise anything now! The appointment was to try and rectify what was written in the letter about abusing alcohol rather than misuse. Do I still attend or let someone in medical need have my appointment?
I'd still have the appointment and get the GP to update their records, even if they don't need to write to DVLA again at the moment. This way, next year when your 1 year licence is up for renewal, you hopefully won't have to go through it all again...

I'd still have the appointment and get the GP to update their records, even if they don't need to write to DVLA again at the moment. This way, next year when your 1 year licence is up for renewal, you hopefully won't have to go through it all again...
So it will be a temporary license if I get it back?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off