DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I feel your pain. Single dad with a bloody huge amount of maintenance to pay every month, so I may well have to revisit this once once the lease is up 🤣🤣

But it cost loads to fix the car after I stacked it… I wanted some mileage out of it :)
I spent £300 on my astra just so I could drive it for two weeks before I went to court!

Thank you! I must admit going from a 1.9 astra to a 1.4 peugeot is tough and the £45 a month insurance is eye watering 😭 but I'm so glad to be back on the road and actually getting the kid's out of the city is amazing! They weren't in the car when I made the massive cock up! Lock down kind of help take some of the guilt away for a bit though
£45 per month? Is that a lot ? Great you’re back on the road .

£45 per month? Is that a lot ? Great you’re back on the road .
For me, yes! But I rung around the drink driving insurance places, In my experience they were more expensive... one quoted £700 for the year, the other said he won't waste my time as the cheapest was £1000 😳 I got it online for just over £500 (Because I'm paying monthly) and a £20 domino's voucher as a bonus...

For me, yes! But I rung around the drink driving insurance places, In my experience they were more expensive... one quoted £700 for the year, the other said he won't waste my time as the cheapest was £1000 😳 I got it online for just over £500 (Because I'm paying monthly) and a £20 domino's voucher as a
For me, yes! But I rung around the drink driving insurance places, In my experience they were more expensive... one quoted £700 for the year, the other said he won't waste my time as the cheapest was £1000 😳 I got it online for just over £500 (Because I'm paying monthly) and a £20 domino's voucher as a bonus...
I think you’ve got a good deal . Well done. Do you mind sharing who the insurer is ? Did you have any no claims bonus ? Is it fully comp insurance? One quoted me £2400 😂😂😂😂

I think you’ve got a good deal . Well done. Do you mind sharing who the insurer is ? Did you have any no claims bonus ? Is it fully comp insurance? One quoted me £2400 😂😂😂😂
It was nci on compare the market,fully comp and 6 year's no claims

Actually, I made a complaint on DVLA website on 28/7. On 29/7 the licence checker said licence issued . I truly think that was coincidence though as it was too quick for the complaint to have had any effect .
When was your medical ??

I got my licence back two months ago and have just got a letter to say that I can no longer drive because of past alcohol dependency?! How the hell can this happen if I passed the medical?!

I can only assume that there was something from your GP’s results that showed alcohol dependency, and this conflicted with what you declared on the DR1 medical form including how much you had been drinking. For dependence they want evidence of Zero alcohol, but it is bad of them to give you your licence back without them being sure of the results.

I got my licence back two months ago and have just got a letter to say that I can no longer drive because of past alcohol dependency?! How the hell can this happen if I passed the medical?!
Hi Jessica welcome to the forum, yes this will sound senseless at the moment because you are not aware of the facts behind your GPs report, I hate to say but price is right DVLA have been made aware of past or present alcohol issues through the `DVLA medical process, I am some what very familiar with this procedure as my licence was revoked for alcohol `dependance (related `in my GPs notes). Usually you will need to prove 12 months abstination, followed with medical evidence (liver function tests) and your GPs support, it can be shockingly confusing but stay with us and we can talk you through it ...../.

I don’t understand how this can happen? Did they write to your GP before issuing your licence ? If so you’d think they’d have waited for that info before issuing or not . If they did not write to the GP how do they know re past alcohol dependency?

I can only assume that there was something from your GP’s results that showed alcohol dependency, and this conflicted with what you declared on the DR1 medical form including how much you had been drinking. For dependence they want evidence of Zero alcohol, but it is bad of them to give you your licence back without them being sure of the results.
I don’t understand why they’d issue the licence in the first place then ? Would they not need to have seen GP report before issuing it . What a shock .

Reactions: GGG
I don’t understand why they’d issue the licence in the first place then ? Would they not need to have seen GP report before issuing it . What a shock .
Hi again polly, yes they wrote to my GP, when DVLA conduct a medical investigation they send to your GP a medical report form named a DD2 for your GP to fill in, on this form will be lots of questions relating to your alcohol intake past and present, and somewhere down the line your GP has had a discussion with you about your alcohol intake, and he/she has recorded you as being dependent, with me they went back to 2006 a long time ago I know but in the GPs eyes and DVLA if your drinking has not been addressed through your GP then DVLA will revoke your licence until you can demonstrate through your GP with medical evidence that your problem has been addressed, it's a lot of information to get through that DVLA will not tell you about, are you drinking now and if so how much ?

Hi again polly, yes they wrote to my GP, when DVLA conduct a medical investigation they send to your GP a medical report form named a DD2 for your GP to fill in, on this form will be lots of questions relating to your alcohol intake past and present, and somewhere down the line your GP has had a discussion with you about your alcohol intake, and he/she has recorded you as being dependent, with me they went back to 2006 a long time ago I know but in the GPs eyes and DVLA if your drinking has not been addressed through your GP then DVLA will revoke your licence until you can demonstrate through your GP with medical evidence that your problem has been addressed, it's a lot of information to get through that DVLA will not tell you about, are you drinking now and if so how much ?
Hi there . Sorry if I’ve confused matters ! I was asking the question in relation to what Jessica had posted. I understood she said the DVLA had issued her licence , after her HRO medical , but then written to withdraw it . I can’t understand why they’d have issued it in advance of receiving GP info? I myself have my licence back . I’ve not drunk alcohol for over 2 years . My licence was reissued post DVLA medical and once they’d received GP report .

Hi there . Sorry if I’ve confused matters ! I was asking the question in relation to what Jessica had posted. I understood she said the DVLA had issued her licence , after her HRO medical , but then written to withdraw it . I can’t understand why they’d have issued it in advance of receiving GP info? I myself have my licence back . I’ve not drunk alcohol for over 2 years . My licence was reissued post DVLA medical and once they’d received GP report .
Oh sorry I got you mixed up, at the moment DVLA are not running to full capacity and even when they are their prehistoric system is slow at the best of times, yes it is unfortunate that they issued her licence out and then revoked it, only thing I can think of is that obviously new evidence has come to light apologies agian .....

I've just looked on line and I can drive again as of tomorrow!!! My surgery said they only sent the paperwork of yesterday! To say I'm amazed and ecstatic is an understatement!!! Thank you to everyone on here who've given support and advice, it's greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone still travelling the DVLA train, hopefully it's not much longer for you all
Oh sorry I got you mixed up, at the moment DVLA are not running to full capacity and even when they are their prehistoric system is slow at the best of times, yes it is unfortunate that they issued her licence out and then revoked it, only thing I can think of is that obviously new evidence has come to light apologies agian .....
Hey no probs !!! I’m always getting lost on here !

Honestman

I follow this forum daily during my own journey and have found it amazing for information I need as I'm sure many others do, please, going forward can you research first before giving advice as this is the 2nd time today I have found you wanting, the being advice by yourself regarding s88. People need facts.

Honestman

I follow this forum daily during my own journey and have found it amazing for information I need as I'm sure many others do, please, going forward can you research first before giving advice as this is the 2nd time today I have found you wanting, the being advice by yourself regarding s88. People need facts.
Hello GGG please learn to spell when posting as I'm sure we would all love to read your posts that make sense....

Reactions: GGG
So can appeal this?!
I'm a single mother to two under 5's, of course I drink! But I'm not stupid enough to make the same mistake twice! I don't even drive the day after anymore because I'm petrified I'll get pulled over! I can't believe this is happening 😭

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off