DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Can someone help me by telling me what % is a pass on cdt levels for a hro? I read on one of these posts that they have changed the pass markers. I have no history of misuse or dependence.

Stuntinrik

The CDT score for High Risk Offenders is anything below 1.5% which is green on the. DVLA traffic light system. However, they do change the goal posts on this - when I recieved my correspondence from the DVLA it was set at less than 1.3%.

As a general guide on my part - I would personally aim for anything under 1.0% just to be on the safe side. The longer you abstain from alcohol, the better!!!!

Another forum member on here recently commented that their recent CDT score was 0.2% which I thought was outstanding. No one can ever reach 0.0% because of the additives in the human body.

CJ

Stuntinrik

The CDT score for High Risk Offenders is anything below 1.5% which is green on the. DVLA traffic light system. However, they do change the goal posts on this - when I recieved my correspondence from the DVLA it was set at less than 1.3%.

As a general guide on my part - I would personally aim for anything under 1.0% just to be on the safe side. The longer you abstain from alcohol, the better!!!!

Another forum member on here recently commented that their recent CDT score was 0.2% which I thought was outstanding. No one can ever reach 0.0% because of the additives in the human body.

CJ
Yes, that was me at 0.2%, which was a complete surprise and which I sincerely hope was accurate.

Oh, that doesn't sound overly positive in my case! I attended the doctors after my ban due to alcohol misuse! Hopefully they see that me going in the first place as a positive 🙏

Also, when do you find out what your results from the medical are?
Hi there. Not sure if this question was addressed to me, but the CDT reading was from a private medichecks test I took. I also had a liver function test (all good,) and a cholesterol test (4.4) at the same time.

I haven't drunk any alcohol for just over 2 years.

I have lost 2.5 stones in weight and my cholesterol has dropped from 6.5 to 4.4.

I am still waiting on the DVLA to get back to me with details of a Doctor for their medical.

Before I stopped drinking I did go to see a GP and I am not entirely sure if they flagged me as dependent or an abuser. Once I get the dates for my medical sorted I will contact them as the DVLA will no doubt be in touch. I have never been hospitalised because of alcohol and the only medication I had was a 1 week course of diazepam when I stopped drinking.

I've just looked on line and I can drive again as of tomorrow!!! My surgery said they only sent the paperwork of yesterday! To say I'm amazed and ecstatic is an understatement!!! Thank you to everyone on here who've given support and advice, it's greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone still travelling the DVLA train, hopefully it's not much longer for you all

Although I've just noticed that it's only for 19 months, so I'm guessing I passed by the skin of my teeth and will be needing another medical later down the line...

I've just looked on line and I can drive again as of tomorrow!!! My surgery said they only sent the paperwork of yesterday! To say I'm amazed and ecstatic is an understatement!!! Thank you to everyone on here who've given support and advice, it's greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone still travelling the DVLA train, hopefully it's not much longer for you all
Congrats!! that’s bloody quick if your GP only sent the paperwork yesterday! Wishing you all the best

Although I've just noticed that it's only for 19 months, so I'm guessing I passed by the skin of my teeth and will be needing another medical later down the line...
If it is not for 12 months or 36 months, it means that your previous 10 year licence was due to run out on this date and you will just have to supply an updated photo when you reapply in 19 months time. No going through the hoops!

If it is not for 12 months or 36 months, it means that your previous 10 year licence was due to run out on this date and you will just have to supply an updated photo when you reapply in 19 months time. No going through the hoops!
Well that is amazing! And yes, super fast! May have something to do with my complaint and getting my MP involved, who knows! Maybe the surgery were wrong and it was sent last week. To be honest I don't even care now 😂

Stuntinrik

CJ
I havent booked my medical yet, i have not had a drink for 3 weeks now. I did like a heavy drink before i started abstaining. Im just wondering if i take my medical in a couple weeks time and i get a 1.6 just say, would i be right to say that i would fall in amber zone. What happens then? I read somewhere they would contact my gp where they would find out i have no history of misuse or dependence. Just super confused, i plan to be booze free 5 weeks before i take my medical.

I havent booked my medical yet, i have not had a drink for 3 weeks now. I did like a heavy drink before i started abstaining. Im just wondering if i take my medical in a couple weeks time and i get a 1.6 just say, would i be right to say that i would fall in amber zone. What happens then? I read somewhere they would contact my gp where they would find out i have no history of misuse or dependence. Just super confused, i plan to be booze free 5 weeks before i take my medical.
Seriously if you abstain now until your medical you should be fine. I craved a beer many times during the hot weather but i just drink the alcohol free stuff from lidl which i love and never found it an issue. It really tastes like the real thing

Stuntinrik

As topchippyles has stated, if you don't touch any alcohol now for a few weeks you should be fine. Social drinkers or moderate drinkers who abstain from alcohol for a few weeks should get a low CDT score.

Those people who have had maybe a alcohol problem where the liver has taken a battering, may need a few months sobriety to reach a low CDT. In my own case, I was drinking excessively everyday for a long time - even six months into my ban. I stopped drinking in August 2019, took my medical 15 months later and it was 0.9%.

It is tempting to have that one beer, if the weather is sunny, but you need to keep reminding yourself 'beer or licence?'. Good luck anyway.

CJ

Congratulations!!
Thank you! I must admit going from a 1.9 astra to a 1.4 peugeot is tough and the £45 a month insurance is eye watering 😭 but I'm so glad to be back on the road and actually getting the kid's out of the city is amazing! They weren't in the car when I made the massive cock up! Lock down kind of help take some of the guilt away for a bit though

Thank you! I must admit going from a 1.9 astra to a 1.4 peugeot is tough and the £45 a month insurance is eye watering 😭 but I'm so glad to be back on the road and actually getting the kid's out of the city is amazing! They weren't in the car when I made the massive cock up! Lock down kind of help take some of the guilt away for a bit though
I still pay £80 a month on a A5 I have on finance. Wish I’d chopped the car a long time ago to be honest, but I like it too much!

I still pay £80 a month on a A5 I have on finance. Wish I’d chopped the car a long time ago to be honest, but I like it too much!
I had nowhere to store my astra, plus I bent the chassis 😬 managed to sell it for £500 and get some much needed plastering done in the house though, so it wasn't all bad, got to try and look on the bright side of thing's! Single mother to two under 5s now so £80 would be waaaayyy out of my price range 🤣

I had nowhere to store my astra, plus I bent the chassis 😬 managed to sell it for £500 and get some much needed plastering done in the house though, so it wasn't all bad, got to try and look on the bright side of thing's! Single mother to two under 5s now so £80 would be waaaayyy out of my price range 🤣
I feel your pain. Single dad with a bloody huge amount of maintenance to pay every month, so I may well have to revisit this once once the lease is up 🤣🤣

But it cost loads to fix the car after I stacked it… I wanted some mileage out of it :)

Find a decent bloke to look after you jess (y) :D

Find a decent bloke to look after you jess (y) :D
Pahaha,you offering? 😂 I'm rather happy with my two girl's and 8 pet rat's 💕 😳 I just hope everyone on here gets their results back as quickly as I did after going to the GP! My only advice is to be the pain that keeps on to everyone involved and it's worth getting your MP involved as I did, may just be coincidence, but it seemed to work in my case!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off