DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi ,
I am due to get my licence back August the 7th . I am sadly a 2nd time offender HRO so will need a medical . I should have received a d27 May the 9th 90 days before , I have still not received anything off the DVLA with only 45 days left to go . I gave them a week and sent the D1 form which was signed as being received on the 19th May. Do I need to wait for the dvla to respond, what info do they send out before booking a medical or could I get the ball rolling and just book in with a dvla doctor and send the results. I am in the derby area, I have searched online and found a nuffield health clinic. Would it even be worth booking it for a few weeks time and hope and pray that the dvla respond before the date .
Any advice would be appreciated.

Just because it is a Nuffield centre, does not mean they are on the DVLA approved list to conduct medicals. Even if it is, the first thing they will ask for is your ‘M’ number, which you get from the DVLA letter that they send to you to book your medical at the specific DVLA approved doctor that they nominate for you.
So it is a waiting game for now…….

Hi ,
I am due to get my licence back August the 7th . I am sadly a 2nd time offender HRO so will need a medical . I should have received a d27 May the 9th 90 days before , I have still not received anything off the DVLA with only 45 days left to go . I gave them a week and sent the D1 form which was signed as being received on the 19th May. Do I need to wait for the dvla to respond, what info do they send out before booking a medical or could I get the ball rolling and just book in with a dvla doctor and send the results. I am in the derby area, I have searched online and found a nuffield health clinic. Would it even be worth booking it for a few weeks time and hope and pray that the dvla respond before the date .
Any advice would be appreciated.
> I didn't get any contact from the DVLA re my medical until three weeks before my ban was up. Had my medical 2 weeks before my ban was due to end (3rd June) and I'm still sat here waiting for any form of communication from the DVLA almost 6 weeks after medical and obviously no luck when getting intouch with them 🙃

I hope you hear something soon xx

> I didn't get any contact from the DVLA re my medical until three weeks before my ban was up. Had my medical 2 weeks before my ban was due to end (3rd June) and I'm still sat here waiting for any form of communication from the DVLA almost 6 weeks after medical and obviously no luck when getting intouch with them 🙃

I hope you hear something soon xx
Thank you for your reply, that's good that you were able to get your medical so quick, is there a list of doctors that they give you to choose from ?. The DVLA are an absolute nightmare to get hold of, .
Fingers crossed they get the deal they want (definitely don't deserve when compared to nurses , doctors, carers and supermarket workers etc) and end the strike .
The anticipation of the postman must be unreal for you . All the best .

Thank you for your reply, that's good that you were able to get your medical so quick, is there a list of doctors that they give you to choose from ?. The DVLA are an absolute nightmare to get hold of, .
Fingers crossed they get the deal they want (definitely don't deserve when compared to nurses , doctors, carers and supermarket workers etc) and end the strike .
The DVLA will advise you of which Dr to book in to for your medical.

Yeh I mean I said the same thing to be honest, I've read on here how people are still waiting for their medical appointment to come through ages after their ban has finished, I can only imagine their frustration!
So the letter they sent basically had one doctors details on for me to contact, apparently the nearest doctor to me that does the DVLA medicals. You have to ring that specific doc to arrange an appointment and then ring the DVLA number they provide to input the appointment time and date.
And I completely agree with you from what I've read they're striking for better working conditions as there has been 600 positive cases from the Swansea office since SEPTEMBER 2020, out of 2000 people that are still office working. The article I read didn't state anything about people being seriously affected or mention any deaths, soley cases. Personally I think it's ridiculous as less than half the staff have tested positive and that's assuming this is 1 positive per person, it might well not be.

Anyway enough of the rambling haha we're all just as frustrated as eachother I imagine 😬 ... post woman passed our house completely this morning so another disappointing day, fingers crossed for Monday 🤞 and I hope you hear something soon!

I have my fingers crossed 🤞that I don't have much more of a wait after my medical to receive my licence back. This is a never ending saga.
I received letter to book medical yesterday managed to get an appointment for Wednesday next week. They have also resent the forms for my GP to complete .

I've been checking my licence online every day since the medical! Debating if it's worth chasing up again. It's painful when there's a car and more work waiting for me! It's costing a bomb in taxis just to get back from the supermarket ect.

I've been checking my licence online every day since the medical! Debating if it's worth chasing up again. It's painful when there's a car and more work waiting for me! It's costing a bomb in taxis just to get back from the supermarket ect.
I feel your pain, I moved in April and my address hasn’t even been changed on the website, so until my licence drops through the door!!!

I feel your pain, I moved in April and my address hasn’t even been changed on the website, so until my licence drops through the door!!!
I’ve just read that the staff who do the scanning of documents and the general processing of mail are still on strike . Further delays unfortunately inevitable it seems.

When was your medical ?

When was your medical ?
11th of June
Hi Jessica. My medical was on 26 April. I heard nothing for 4 weeks so rang . They stated they’d not received Dr report ( which had been sent) . I chased this up . They finally wrote to my GP last week. If you have not heard anything by mid July I would try to contact them . Had I not done so I’d still be sat here and they’d still not have Dr report . They do no progress chasing themselves

So got a letter today saying that they are contacting my doctors and expect a 4 week wait, letter was dated 23/6 just have to wait and see

I've tried calling today, but it's obviously just impossible to get through with the strike! I've been told my youngest needs to isolate as well, so finger's crossed my bloods are good because this mumma needs a glass of wine! (Children weren't in the car at the time of my massive **** up)

19th February applied for licence lost time could have applied earlier but thought I needed to send in my passport but didn’t as they can check your identity if you tick a box on the form. 22nd April received letter about medical. 26th April had medical. 3rd July online driving licence check changed to full uk driving licence. 7th july received licence and letter about medical which was 0.5.

Finally have my medical next month. (Long story, should have been in Feb/March) Anyway have discovered there are three Medichecks places fairly locally where a blood test will cost only £30. Is their CDT test roughly equivalent to the DVLA one or is it more that they are the best known/publicised company?

Finally have my medical next month. (Long story, should have been in Feb/March) Anyway have discovered there are three Medichecks places fairly locally where a blood test will cost only £30. Is their CDT test roughly equivalent to the DVLA one or is it more that they are the best known/publicised company?
You are mistaken on the cost its £79.99 i believe and if the blood is taken by a nurse its another £30. You can get a discount if you sign up to their website

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off