DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
F***ing hell, 43 calls! I'm still waiting to sort a medical, hopefully they send details soon!
I had to wait almost 3 months from booking until my medical as that was first appt, but hopefully things arent that bad now with eveything opening back up, im in scotland also and doc only did medicals 1 day a week

I had to wait almost 3 months from booking until my medical as that was first appt, but hopefully things arent that bad now with eveything opening back up, im in scotland also and doc only did medicals 1 day a week
Oh christ, and then they tell you that you have to do it again, I'd be fuming! I'm in Devon so hopefully there's a couple of options for medicals

26 calls to dvla just to be told my application has been scanned and is awaiting to be allocated an appointment, but no time scale because of back log...

I have been looking over the comments of her for quite some time before I had my medical. Really worrying about it all. I received my application paperwork in Jan 2021 as my ban was up on 6th of April. The whole application process was, for me, very fast. What took the longest was the time to get the medical. The closest available date was the 15th April in Altrincham, well over a month more than expecting. But the date soon came around fast. Didn't have a drink for 5 weeks before and the medical was very straightforward, the doctor had completed all the forms ready and was just a very simple questionnaire. I've been checking the DVLA website daily just hoping I get my license back asap and finally got my License back today, just over 3 weeks from the day of my medical. Which, looking at a lot of peoples comments is very fast for DVLA. Certainly been a stressful few months, but no where near much as some peoples experiences on here with DVLA.

I have been looking over the comments of her for quite some time before I had my medical. Really worrying about it all. I received my application paperwork in Jan 2021 as my ban was up on 6th of April. The whole application process was, for me, very fast. What took the longest was the time to get the medical. The closest available date was the 15th April in Altrincham, well over a month more than expecting. But the date soon came around fast. Didn't have a drink for 5 weeks before and the medical was very straightforward, the doctor had completed all the forms ready and was just a very simple questionnaire. I've been checking the DVLA website daily just hoping I get my license back asap and finally got my License back today, just over 3 weeks from the day of my medical. Which, looking at a lot of peoples comments is very fast for DVLA. Certainly been a stressful few months, but no where near much as some peoples experiences on here with DVLA.
Hi there, what questions did they ask you?

Are the questions the same - as my husband is having a dvla medical due to a one off seizure two years ago and mentioned to the dr he drank two lagers and half a bottle of wine a night with acouple of nights off?

Depends on the size of the “2 lagers” and the strength of the wine, but at 500ml lager at 5% and and wine at 12%, that would amount to 9.5 units a night (one of the questions is about how often you drink more than 6 units in a day)
5 nights a week equals 47.5 units and the guidelines for drinking that DVLA look at is 14 units a week.
He could well have problems. What was the cause of the seizure? If it was alcohol related he most certainly will have problems.

Depends on the size of the “2 lagers” and the strength of the wine, but at 500ml lager at 5% and and wine at 12%, that would amount to 9.5 units a night (one of the questions is about how often you drink more than 6 units in a day)
5 nights a week equals 47.5 units and the guidelines for drinking that DVLA look at is 14 units a week.
He could well have problems. What was the cause of the seizure? If it was alcohol related he most certainly will have problems.
Thanks for the reply - the seizure was not alcohol related (as far as we are aware). Over the last couple of years he has cut right down and has not had any alcohol in the last two months! Hoping the CDT test will be ok and he will get his licence back??

If he has not drunk alcohol for 2 months then the CDT may well be OK, but it is the medical questionnaire answers that will be a problem for him.

If he was drinking that up to 2 months ago it will go down as dependence, with evidence of being alcohol free for 12 months required.

If he was drinking that up to 2 months ago it will go down as dependence, with evidence of being alcohol free for 12 months required.
Thanks for all your replies. No, he has cut right down over the past two years and although he hasn’t drank anything for the last two months he has had less than the recommended units per week for the last 14 months.

Finally had my letter through for booking my medical yesterday! 11th of June was earliest appointment, finger's crossed it's plane sailing from there! So two month's from sending off my application
Does anyone know the criteria the DVLA adopt to determine whether or not they need to contact GP to gain more information?
Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off