DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi I had my medical on 22/3/21 I have called but my blood test haven’t come back any one time scales?
Thanks
Hi Dobby

I had my medical on the 17th March 2021, and I rang up on the 6th aprill and they hadn't had my blood back, but my license got issued on the 14th April. So I think it works quite quickly

So hopefully as long no GP contact required, you should receive your license this week.

Try messaging DVLA on twitter! I got a next day response.

Hi Dobby

I had my medical on the 17th March 2021, and I rang up on the 6th aprill and they hadn't had my blood back, but my license got issued on the 14th April. So I think it works quite quickly

So hopefully as long no GP contact required, you should receive your license this week.

Try messaging DVLA on twitter! I got a next day response.
Thank you hopefully 🙏

Ive already had my medical on the 29th march, when i rang on monday they said my results had been scanned onto system and were waiting to be reviewed, rang back today and still no update 😑
Hi. Thought me experience might help?.. I had my medical/blood test on 19th March. Called my GP 21st March, their questionnaire sent to DVLA 20th March. Called the DVLA on the 30th March and all documentation had been received and scanned onto their system awaiting Medical Team decision. In view of their recent strike action last week and being on holiday last week, I left calling the DVLA until today (19 April). I was told it was still waiting to be looked at.

Hi. Thought me experience might help?.. I had my medical/blood test on 19th March. Called my GP 21st March, their questionnaire sent to DVLA 20th March. Called the DVLA on the 30th March and all documentation had been received and scanned onto their system awaiting Medical Team decision. In view of their recent strike action last week and being on holiday last week, I left calling the DVLA until today (19 April). I was told it was still waiting to be looked at.
Hi, don’t know how you got through I’ve been trying since 8.30 this morning! Will try again tomorrow thanks for the information tho, please post if you hear anything

Hi, don’t know how you got through I’ve been trying since 8.30 this morning! Will try again tomorrow thanks for the information tho, please post if you hear anything
It took a few tries I grant you!.. Then you'll be on hold for at least 10 mins.

Hey 👋. So I blew 100 at police station so HRO. Sent my application off on 17th of march and still haven't had anything through about a medical... three bank Holidays and two strikes, how much longer do you think I'll be waiting just for information on booking my medical? Cheque was cashed about three weeks ago if that makes a difference

Hey 👋. So I blew 100 at police station so HRO. Sent my application off on 17th of march and still haven't had anything through about a medical... three bank Holidays and two strikes, how much longer do you think I'll be waiting just for information on booking my medical? Cheque was cashed about three weeks ago if that makes a difference
I sent my form off in jan, had medical march 29th, wrote to gp for more info due to high reading (120) gp returned form last week and every time i call im told they cant give me timescales,as far as im aware they will always contact gp for more info with a reading so high, waiting times are ridiculous and can never get through on the phone without trying them 500 times either, hope this is helpful

I sent my form off in jan, had medical march 29th, wrote to gp for more info due to high reading (120) gp returned form last week and every time i call im told they cant give me timescales,as far as im aware they will always contact gp for more info with a reading so high, waiting times are ridiculous and can never get through on the phone without trying them 500 times either, hope this is helpful
So I'm in for a long wait... tried online chat and she just said it will be with the medical team so I need to call, but the phone lines don't seem to be running this week because of the strike!

So I'm in for a long wait... tried online chat and she just said it will be with the medical team so I need to call, but the phone lines don't seem to be running this week because of the strike!
Phone lines are contantly like that, have to try lots of times until ur lucky enough to get through, hopefully yours will be quicker thouvh, i thought maybe a month ir 2 and id have it back tops but

I’m still waiting from 22/03, I’ve been told it’s still in the review stage! I just want to know either way, my stress levels are through the roof

Is that since the medical or since you sent off your renewal? Mental how many naughty people there are in the same situation... although I won't be so stupid again! Slightly worried as my drinking spiked in first lock down and then relationship break down and 2 kids under 5 to look after in my own, my evening drinks were my savour! I only went teetotal about 8weeks ago.

Is that since the medical or since you sent off your renewal? Mental how many naughty people there are in the same situation... although I won't be so stupid again! Slightly worried as my drinking spiked in first lock down and then relationship break down and 2 kids under 5 to look after in my own, my evening drinks were my savour! I only went teetotal about 8weeks ago.
Since my medical, I too will never make that mistake again it’s just not worth the risk, however I too had a little drink in the evening.
I’m just in a stituation weather to sell my car or not

Since my medical, I too will never make that mistake again it’s just not worth the risk, however I too had a little drink in the evening.
Have they contacted your gp also? I was very lucky in that my gp rang me the day they got my form filled it in and returned it that day so i know there wont be a hold up on that end, as im sure they give gps up to 12 weeks to reply

This strike isn't going to help any of us! I done the course as well to get my ban down by 6 month's and they said "you can drive again on the 30th of May" yea, doesn't look like it pal!

This strike isn't going to help any of us! I done the course as well to get my ban down by 6 month's and they said "you can drive again on the 30th of May" yea, doesn't look like it pal!
As much as i appreciate i commited the crime, im think the drawn out process is unfair, severely put through the wringer, ive done my time, yes i made a huge mistake 5 years ago but i have paid dearly for it, lost my job, my marriage broke down and nearly lost my home, its now 5 years on im virtually teatotal (ive had 2 glass of wine on 2 seperate occasions in the past year) my cdt reading was 0.5 and my gp hasnt got any concerns either, i just want my licience back as im now going to have to turn down a second job offer ive had in 3 months due to not having my licience, its truly soul destroying

Have they contacted your gp also? I was very lucky in that my gp rang me the day they got my form filled it in and returned it that day so i know there wont be a hold up on that end, as im sure they give gps up to 12 weeks to reply
I’ve not heard anything about contacting my g.p I think they will as my reading was high

Hi all, just got through to Dvla and was told my blood test was no good and have to repeat it again, the only thing is I’ve been drinking a few glasses of wine in the evening not every day but now I’m worried incase my ctd test will be high
Has anyone had to repeat the test?

Hi all, just got through to Dvla and was told my blood test was no good and have to repeat it again, the only thing is I’ve been drinking a few glasses of wine in the evening not every day but now I’m worried incase my ctd test will be high
Ohh no, hinestly this process is soul destroying! I would just abstain until ur next appt to be safe, i got a copy if ny blood results thru which i requested over a month ago and mine was 0.5 i had some, like half a bottle, wine 2 weeks before test

How did you get through to them? I just get an automated message and then cur off when I try calling?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off