DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance

danty_20

I’ve been following the threads here for a while and haven’t come across anyone having such an intense check or been giving such a long waiting time. It is a first time offence for me etc
I wouldn't worry to much, my medical sounds exactly the same as yours but they also took my blood pressure. I had to answer yes to a car accident the same as you but no to the mental health question. Dr said will be 8 weeks until i hear anything but 15 days later my 10 year licence was issued and they didn't contact my GP.

RB1984

I wouldn't worry to much, my medical sounds exactly the same as yours but they also took my blood pressure. I had to answer yes to a car accident the same as you but no to the mental health question. Dr said will be 8 weeks until i hear anything but 15 days later my 10 year licence was issued and they didn't contact my GP.
Thanks for sharing…gives me a little hope lol

Darron79

Thanks for sharing…gives me a little hope lol
Hi they said 6 weeks to me too.
Gp was contacted a week later by dvla.
All paperwork scanned onto their system by mid July ish.
Now got a piss test medical on the 8th August & that should be it. Will be a clean test all they can test what they like.
Also my CDT score was 0.9% after no drinks for 3 weeks. I had to ask for a subject access request to get my results

RB1984

Hi they said 6 weeks to me too.
Gp was contacted a week later by dvla.
All paperwork scanned onto their system by mid July ish.
Now got a piss test medical on the 8th August & that should be it. Will be a clean test all they can test what they like.
Also my CDT score was 0.9% after no drinks for 3 weeks. I had to ask for a subject access request to get my results
Goodluck! You’ve passed the cdt…last hurdle is the urine test and sounds like you’ll pass that too so you should be hopefully at the end of this long journey 😊

Polly3

I can say no to all apart from an accident :( the night I got done drink driving I had crashed into a wall. Hoping this won’t delay it by contacting my gp. I also have no idea how many times 6 units or more? Silly question??
Why is it a silly question?

Norts

dependancy was already on as i went to the docs for the citalopram and it was during a break up so i was binging at weekends which i said i wanted to stop. he then put i was dependant . i didnt know what i know now and thought being truthful about the few beers wouldnt be a problem, obviously not knowing you have to abstain. i took the medical on a cancellation at 9 days notice... ive drunk heavily at weekends for years, stayed off it for the 9 days and got 0.9 on my CDT. i think if i said id not had a drink then id be driviving now!!
0.9 is a cracking score for only 9 days staying off it! Well done!!!!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off