DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
long time lurker - 1st time poster. I've found this site useful so i thought id share my experience

on 2nd ban in 6 years - high reading this time - so 3 year ban

ban ended 26/02/22

applied end of Nov 21

letter received end of Dec asking for photo - mine was due to expire and hadn't noticed.

medical letter received mid Feb - medical booked and done 1st March - not had a drink for 3 years so not concerned

letter from dvla 30th March - got results - writing to GP

Spoke to GP 4th April - they confirmed they had received and replied to the letter.

1 year licence granted 14 May

Im not detailing the hundreds of phone calls and complaint made 3 weeks ago which i still haven't had a reply to.

Good luck everyone. Its incredibly frustrating but it ends at some point

long time lurker - 1st time poster. I've found this site useful so i thought id share my experience

on 2nd ban in 6 years - high reading this time - so 3 year ban

ban ended 26/02/22

applied end of Nov 21

letter received end of Dec asking for photo - mine was due to expire and hadn't noticed.

medical letter received mid Feb - medical booked and done 1st March - not had a drink for 3 years so not concerned

letter from dvla 30th March - got results - writing to GP

Spoke to GP 4th April - they confirmed they had received and replied to the letter.

1 year licence granted 14 May

Im not detailing the hundreds of phone calls and complaint made 3 weeks ago which i still haven't had a reply to.

Good luck everyone. Its incredibly frustrating but it ends at some point
Hi patsyg that's wonderful news for you,, I take it there were no alcohol related notes at your gp,,,, dvla just contacted my gp so who knows how long

Just thought I would add my journey time frame as it stands today...
Ban ends on 18th July 22 ( 9 months)
Application scanned onto the system 13/04/22
PO cashed 25/04/22
Sent to medical Dept for caseworker review 09/05/22..

Anybody any earthly when I am likely to receive my medical appointment letter? asking more in hope than anger🤞🤪:giggle:

Just thought I would add my journey time frame as it stands today...
Ban ends on 18th July 22 ( 9 months)
Application scanned onto the system 13/04/22
PO cashed 25/04/22
Sent to medical Dept for caseworker review 09/05/22..

Anybody any earthly when I am likely to receive my medical appointment letter? asking more in hope than anger🤞🤪:giggle:
For me it was 8 weeks from sending my D1 till the day my medical letter arrived.

Hi all, after finding out 2weeks ago they wrote to my gp I've been trying to get in contact with her and finally this morning she called and has booked me an app to see her face to face on Wed to go through the questionnaire,, huge relief for me let's hope she'll see that I'm more that fit and well and be confident enough to fill it in to not cause any red flags..

Hi all, after finding out 2weeks ago they wrote to my gp I've been trying to get in contact with her and finally this morning she called and has booked me an app to see her face to face on Wed to go through the questionnaire,, huge relief for me let's hope she'll see that I'm more that fit and well and be confident enough to fill it in to not cause any red flags..
That's great news. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you now.

Do you know the reason why they contacted you GP in the first place?
Did you answer any questions as YES on the medical?

I've got my medical in 3 weeks and just trying to get my head around the GP contact selection process and time frame post medical.

That's great news. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you now.

Do you know the reason why they contacted you GP in the first place?
Did you answer any questions as YES on the medical?

I've got my medical in 3 weeks and just trying to get my head around the GP contact selection process and time frame post medical.
Hi yes I think it's because I answered yes to mental health, I'm on cytalopram for anxiety,, had over 5months without alcohol before medical, answered no to everything else..

Hi, just came across this thread. I'm on my second DDR which came almost 3 years after my first. I'm in my last year now. For me the process to apply for the return of my licence starts in September. I must say, these last two years have been anything but easy. But I've managed to scrape through. I'm an HGV driver so this has been a double whammy. But, every day now is a battle. Not with alcohol, I gave that up a long time ago. I'm beginning to feel anxious, depressed even tearful at times. Every day feels like a month. I'm really struggling mentally. I have now lost all confidence and self esteem I ever had. Everyone I ever knew ostracised me, turned their backs and walked away from me. That's a horrible place to be. I trust no one now. Its just a struggle every day to get to the next. I've now taken to staying indoors. Which is sad , I live right by the sea, its like watching life and the world move on without you. I have no energy or motivation to go outside anymore.

Please help so I'm a hro. Due to get my licence back 17 July.

Applied 17th April
Scanned on the system 6th May.

Waiting for medical letter.

Any one have a rough time scale how long I'm going to be waiting. Supposed to be driving to France in August with my kids for disney land. Thanks in advance.

Please help so I'm a hro. Due to get my licence back 17 July.

Applied 17th April
Scanned on the system 6th May.

Waiting for medical letter.

Any one have a rough time scale how long I'm going to be waiting. Supposed to be driving to France in August with my kids for disney land. Thanks in advance.
Hi am afraid I waited 4months, application sent 1st Nov medical 31st march,, but everyone's timescale seems to be so variable,, I think just plan for the worst and you won't get so disappointed and stressed out..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off