DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Its bad we spend money on course and money on medical and money on the application than all this is happenong🤦‍♂️
This is my position. I spent £150.00 on the course, had to change my dates due to work commitments and paid another £75 to move the dates, and from the responses here my ban ends in Feb 2023, but I'll probably be stuck until July 2023 while the shambles that is the DVLA sort their paperwork out. I know I've done wrong, and I've learned my lesson very harshly, but the DVLA are just compounding things further.

Applied Dec '21.
Ban ended 12th Feb '22.
Still not heard owt - not even a letter to book my medical yet.
Norts

Here is my timescale, and I don't think much has changed recently. The only variable is the length of time it takes your own GP to reply.

Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
Application form Rec'd from DVLA
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
89Date when my driving ban ended.
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
Called Doctor - Glasgow Medical Rooms
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
Called Doctor to see if DVLA had been in touch with them.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they sadi they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
Letter from DVLA dated 16/11/2021 saying they had writtent to my GP.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.
GP confirmed they had received a letter from DVLA
01/12/2021​
GP returned letter to DVLA
24/01/2022​
Contacted DVLA
03/02/2022​
203Letter not yet on system. Takes 10 days from receipt. Told to call back then.
Licence Returned
10/02/2022​
2101 year licence - but who cares.

This is my position. I spent £150.00 on the course, had to change my dates due to work commitments and paid another £75 to move the dates, and from the responses here my ban ends in Feb 2023, but I'll probably be stuck until July 2023 while the shambles that is the DVLA sort their paperwork out. I know I've done wrong, and I've learned my lesson very harshly, but the DVLA are just compounding things further.
The delays are outrageous. You have not , however, wasted money on the course . You reduced the overall length of your ban , which means you are applying for your licence back earlier than you would have otherwise. Without the reduction offered by attending the course, you would have had to wait to reapply. You’d be trapped in the same shambolic mess that you are now, but several months down the line .

The delays are outrageous. You have not , however, wasted money on the course . You reduced the overall length of your ban , which means you are applying for your licence back earlier than you would have otherwise. Without the reduction offered by attending the course, you would have had to wait to reapply. You’d be trapped in the same shambolic mess that you are now, but several months down the line .
I was due to drive 18th march 2022 but not that easy..iam still waiting and waiting and waiting and it goes on and on

I'll see how I go. I've not got to start the whole process until November this year. But I'm not holding out much hope.

Hi all
I really understand your pain, I took the course, had my medical Dvla contacted my gp, A gp put the wrong information on my form so now I’m regarded as dependent not true, managed to contact one of the doctors who is a partner in the surgery and subsequently admitted it was wrong. Wrote to the further evidence team on 3/3/22 and explained the situation I’ve heard nothing nor has my gp. So I sent an email to the ceo of Dvla who quickly responded to me and in the process of sorting it out, I was due my liecence back in March of 2021 so I’ve waited over a year, I’m not sure if I should apply to the court and list everything any advice?

Hi all
I really understand your pain, I took the course, had my medical Dvla contacted my gp, A gp put the wrong information on my form so now I’m regarded as dependent not true, managed to contact one of the doctors who is a partner in the surgery and subsequently admitted it was wrong. Wrote to the further evidence team on 3/3/22 and explained the situation I’ve heard nothing nor has my gp. So I sent an email to the ceo of Dvla who quickly responded to me and in the process of sorting it out, I was due my liecence back in March of 2021 so I’ve waited over a year, I’m not sure if I should apply to the court and list everything any advice?
I would apply to the courts mate for them being s**t at the job basically it’s not your fault

Hi all,

Time has finally come where I can share some good news and hope, today I woke up to find I’d finally been issued with a Full License (that expires in 5 years, not sure if thats normal?)

So a rough timeline for me;
Application sent off - end of Nov/ Start of Dec
Medical - 7 March
License back - 13 April

Good luck all

Hi all,

Time has finally come where I can share some good news and hope, today I woke up to find I’d finally been issued with a Full License (that expires in 5 years, not sure if thats normal?)

Medical - 7 March
License back - 13 April

Good luck all
Brilliant news.

Hi all,

Medical - 7 March
License back - 13 April

Good luck all
5 years?

The waiting is just outragoues its stressing me out really not knowing whats going on like..i suppose to be back driving 2months ago😂🙈
Hi mike
The whole process is outrageous
My ban was up 9th Feb
My medical was 1st April
Just received my license today so please keep on at them
We’ve been through enough x

Hi mike
The whole process is outrageous
My ban was up 9th Feb
My medical was 1st April
Just received my license today so please keep on at them
We’ve been through enough x

Great news! 🙂

My medical was only recently so hoping for some good news soon. Would be nice if I had more than a 1-year license this time, but we’ll see.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off