DVLA medical - for drink driving, can I smoke weed?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Easty44

Hi guys I'm currently waiting for my medical with the DVLA, I previously was convicted for drink driving.

I don't drink at all really, maybe once a month but I prefer to smoke weed medicinally. Will this effect my medical in any way? does the DVLA test for this if its not a drug related incident?

Any help and advice would be welcomed thank you.

Easty44

The medical involves a blood test that measured a thing called CDT. It indicated your recent alcohol intake but does not check for drug use. They would check for drugs with a urine sample if you indicated drug use on the questionnaire.

just a word of caution.... You can work out reasonably well when you are clear of alcohol if you know what you drank and when. When you are driving again, with cannabis the threshold detection with the evidential blood sample they take at the police station is so low that you could fail 24 hours or more after smoking a joint, even though you feel fine and completely recovered from your “medicine”.

How long is a piece of string? Regular users would fail for a lot longer than a casual one.

How long is a piece of string? Regular users would fail for a lot longer than a casual one.
In prison they say 28 days but ive failed on 35. Im due my medical next week amd havnt smoked for 8 weeks but still failing them urine tests you can buy.

This law is ridiculous and the police know it. So you can take any drug you like and be ok after a day or 2 but weed youl be unfit for upto and over 3months. Its ridiculous and something needs to be done as im pretty sure im failing due to my partner smoking.

It is said that the threshold for cannabis is set so passive smoking will not affect the result.

If, however, you feel that your girlfriend sits so close and her ‘habit’ is big and elevating your tests then you need to do something about that before you get your licence back and get stopped driving........

Hi guys I'm currently waiting for my medical with the DVLA, I previously was convicted for drink driving.

I don't drink at all really, maybe once a month but I prefer to smoke weed medicinally. Will this effect my medical in any way? does the DVLA test for this if its not a drug related incident?

Any help and advice would be welcomed thank you.

Easty44
I failed a road swipe drug test after three days of my last cannabiss smoke and it was resin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off